Star Wars Spring 1.0 - Page 6

Star Wars Spring 1.0

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I can't spot your changes to the front page, alantai.

Regarding your single player feature; I have had no experience with it, but if it is completely solid, works fine with SWS, and doesn't increase the download size by more then a meg or so, I wouldn't see any reason not too include it, if it helps people to play offline.

... And I think that the vast majority of SWS players play offline, because we've had over 6000 downloads of SWS, but it is still pretty difficult to get a game online.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

AAI works just fine with SWTA.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Yeah, I know that one. I even updated the manual about a week ago explaining how to do it (feel free to proof that, by the way - it's under the single player section), but what has that got to do with Alantai's single player program? (as I haven't tried it out)
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Oh, sorry, go me not reading the entire post. I thought atlantai was doing his usual NTAI advertising, and so I figured I'd mention another AI that works well with SWTA.

I haven't tried the singleplayer feature either, but if it makes setting up a solo game more simple, I'm sure it would be popular
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Alantai, seeing as you love your NTAI pimpage, if NTAI works with SWS, feel free to edit the SWS manual in order to include instructions as to how to get NTAI working with SWS.

Oh, Nemo, I need some more feedback RE: that latest SWS release, if you have any more time to test it.

If you can't find me online (I'm back at uni, so I have less free time), feel free to pick one or two reliable, trustworthy people to test it with, but make sure they don't pass it on (It is still an internal beta, I don't want it loose on the TASClient just yet).

Get back to me here, via PM or the SWTA irc channel.

I just want to make sure that the droid rush is still a viable strategy - but I don't want it to be the be all and end all. A new player shouldn't be completely obliterated by the droid rush (don't want to discourage prospective SWS players). At the same rate, an Imperial player who goes barracks first should not be any worse off compared to a player who goes droid first, assuming they can beat back the droid rush, and make use of the available con advantage.

Cheers
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Does NTAI XE6 not already work with it? If not then It'd onyl require 2 tags addd to mod.tdf to start using the already included imeprial faction buildtree
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

This may be a bit off topic, but where can I find the AT-AT?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

If I recall it has not been implemented yet.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Rezzing a year-old post just for that? When I saw the thread I thought the new version of SWS was out... :roll:
Argh

Post by Argh »

Not yet 8)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Check your PMs with this thread in mind, Argh.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Pom, feel free to show off a little bit, now that this thread's been rezzed, eh, argh? ;)
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

Yes, please do.
I had a lot of fun testing this mod for you guys back in the day (when I had some time), and every time I see someone hosting it I start hopeing for the new version again.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I loved this mod, It has potential. when 2.0?
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Argh wrote:Not yet 8)
It IS coming though, and it WILL rock.

Hell, the dev version I have is from July 12th, and even *that* one is awesome.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

whats changing from 1.0 other than graphics?
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Mostly graphics, and balance changes. A few new units to suit the new spring features (shield gens, etc). Some units from the old pack aren't making the cut, some new ones are taking their places.

Depending on time, we may try to slip in some of the super units everyone has been wanting; but those require heaps of effort, and I don't want to half-arse them.

We are currently discussing whether to implement some radical balance decisions, but haven't come to any conclusions yet.

I don't want to set any timetable for release, because I don't want to get anyone's hopes up - but I'm hoping we can get something for you all to play with before Christmas. But again, don't hold me to that.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

That would be sooooo sweet dude if you can do that. I'll actully have time to play it then! :-)

aGorm
Erom

Post by Erom »

+1 to that.

It's still kind of weird to actually see you guys on the same forums I post on... Back when I discovered SW:TA I nearly crapped myself... spent a lot of my free time back in the TA days playing this mod! So it's odd to see the same handles years later. :)

Grats on the new version, I look foreward to it.
Isaactoo

Post by Isaactoo »

I hope destroyer droids will actually have some shielding now :-)

Can't wait till it comes out,
Isaactoo

Return to “Game Releases”