New mutator for BA. Please try it out :D

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

I am just done with a mutator for BA(can be ported very easily to any other mod) that just adds a game style to the already game. This is the objective of the game:
The idea is that a passive unit or structure spawns in the middle of the map. Whenever a team causes damage to it, the attacking team gets score points.
When the "dummy" structure/unit is totally destroyied, the team with highest score wins the game.
Everything is coded from scratch. For a dummy I just scaled up a BA structure and that's probably the only material I got from somewhere else. Here's some of the game's features:
  • There is a widget panel like in Chicken Defense that show's the dummy's health and the score for each alliance.
  • The dummy is autohealing by default.
  • The dummy can be repaired but not reclaimed. Dgunning is doing nothing.
  • Dummy's health and autoheal rate can be changed from options.
  • No need to add a bot. Just setup the game as you would normally do.
Please try it out and tell me what you think(experience, ideas, bugs). The mod can be found here.
knorke

Re: New mutator for BA. Please try it out :D

Post by knorke »

I thought it was going to be called Dgun Worship!
screens? (people are lazy)
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

knorke wrote:I thought it was going to be called Dgun Worship!
screens? (people are lazy)
Well I might tweak that. But before experiencing some games it's hard to have an idea.
As about screens well what is there to upload? There aren't any new units or anything.. It's just supposed to make games intense and not just sitting back and tech. If you sit back and tech then you are lost.

Will upload some screens later anyhow because I know from personal experience how lazy people can be ;p
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

Screenshot1.png
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot.png
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
There! I don't have much time to get more. Have a trip to catch..
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Oh I see, it's kind of like King of the Hill. That's neat.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Nice idea...
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Indeed...
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

I've not tried it yet but how fast does the structure regen and how much hp it has? If it's hard enough to kill, best way to win is to just win the game in normal way (kill/cripple enemies, only then get points from the thingy) most of the time.
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

Johannes wrote:I've not tried it yet but how fast does the structure regen and how much hp it has? If it's hard enough to kill, best way to win is to just win the game in normal way (kill/cripple enemies, only then get points from the thingy) most of the time.
Well as default it has 50000 hp and healing at 40. Having 10 peewees constantly shooting at it would not take more than 3-5 minutes. So it's not really hard to kill(it doesn't even have defense or anything).
And sure you can win by killing the enemy but then you risk a lot as that means that the enemy is well established where the dummy is and thus the enemy can get a higher score and kill the dummy. So in final note it just adds to the gameplay..

Return to “Game Releases”