KuroTA v0.47 - this is an old thread, use the new 0.50 threa - Page 2

KuroTA v0.47 - this is an old thread, use the new 0.50 threa

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Fucking awesome mod, thanks for the half a dozen games kuro.
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

NOiZE wrote:what are the changes?
too many to name really..
Most of which are balance changes, and bug fixes.
Rearragned some units to different tech levels
Storage facilities hold more
Rebel tank gains a small repulsor
Metron was made a bit weaker
Mini-bertha costs increased
Abel range increased a bit
Floating cannon hp reduction
armored mex nolonger generates energy
Proton Gun works correctly now
Commanders that die from artillary fire nolonger cause the game to crash
Large Marge range reduced, damage reduced, spread increased
Maulers cost level metal to fire
Several units no longer explode like nukes
Core adv solar generates energy now
Rodine's missiles go places now
Transportmass tag implimimented

And some more, I'm sure.

Outstanding bugs: (they have me stumped)

Various units give piece errors
Mine guns won't fire
ICBM sub missiles don't leave the water
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

the ICBM sub issue could be caused by a previous fix. if you played spring a long time ago, you may remember tat you could fire torpedos up from the water, and they would jus bounce away happily ever after until they hit something. that was uber on shore to shore... then they fixed it, and now if you fire torps toward the surface, they will bounce down. havent tryed the ICBM sub tho.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I'm appalled that none of my units made it in! ;) j/k

Good job Kuro!
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Comp1337 wrote:the ICBM sub issue could be caused by a previous fix. if you played spring a long time ago, you may remember tat you could fire torpedos up from the water, and they would jus bounce away happily ever after until they hit something. that was uber on shore to shore... then they fixed it, and now if you fire torps toward the surface, they will bounce down. havent tryed the ICBM sub tho.
ICBM subs never worked, regardless of what silly work around I do. D: In the Old TA, it worked by moving the sub to the surface and it would fire fine, but it don't work like that in Spring. =\
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

:shock: This mod looks so cool!
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

If you want community news to show on the homepage... make suerr you follow the instructions on http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Community_news_editing
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

SinbadEV wrote:If you want community news to show on the homepage... make suerr you follow the instructions on http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Community_news_editing
Thank you much
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

The satallites work when they are landed... couldn't it be forced to keep them in the air somehow? I bet zw could do it :P
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

SinbadEV wrote:The satallites work when they are landed... couldn't it be forced to keep them in the air somehow? I bet zw could do it :P
idealy aircraft would be disabled while on the ground, although spring doesn't seem to do it that way =\
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

that'd really odd, I could have sworn that the radar planes in XTA turned off when they land...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

FizWizz wrote:that'd really odd, I could have sworn that the radar planes in XTA turned off when they land...
Correct. I can't remember the last time I've seen a radar plane land and not turn off its radar.
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Caydr wrote:
FizWizz wrote:that'd really odd, I could have sworn that the radar planes in XTA turned off when they land...
Correct. I can't remember the last time I've seen a radar plane land and not turn off its radar.
Just tested in XTA, Eagles keep thier radar turned on when landed.

http://kuroneko.gotdns.com:27018/ta/screen007.jpg
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I guess they just remove the little radar range circle from the mini map... what a hack...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

In the TA engine, planes automatically gets "activated" when taking off, and "deactivated" when landing. So in the TA engine, radar planes have their radar turned off when landed.

I think it's the same in Spring, since in Spring planes fold their wings like in TA.

However you could still script them so they constantly reactivate, or give them a button so the player can reactivate them, or something.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Kuroneko wrote:
Caydr wrote:

actually, I've had a very curious phenomena happen with me that was related.

What I did basically was take a radar K-bot and pick it up with a stealth transport (KuroTA. You might even remember the game, Kuroneko). I snuck my transport up really close to Kuro's base, with a couple units of his in my LoS (but I wasn't in theirs, apparently the transport or k-bot had longer-than-normal LoS). I let my transport just hover there for a little while, before it hit me that for some reason I wasn't getting radar from my K-bot. I dropped my K-bot and his radar 'activated,' and then I picked him up again. Eventually that spot got too dangerous for me to spy on, so I moved my transport and radar out of there. To my astonishment, though, the radar stayed behind!

Looking at Kuro's radar place pic and recollecting my own experience with the radar k-bot, I would guess that even when a unit deactivates, the LoS probably does not get effected by that until the radar is activated again.

A test for this would be to transport a radar k-bot/vehicle somewhere, drop it off, pick it up, and then take it elsewhere. The radar ring should stay until the radar unit is dropped off again, reactivating it.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Kuroneko wrote:
Caydr wrote:

Just tested in AA, Eagles turn their radar off when landed. Maybe it's an uberhack thing?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Hey Kuro... You should add your mod to the wiki... add a new page by going to these pages and editing to add your mod to the lists (3 places). example whould be [[KuroTA]] or [[KuroTA|Kuroneko's TA Mod v.blah]]

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Mods (in the working and the big list)
http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Special:Categories

then click one of the links you've created and it will let you create that page... page names are case sensitive BTW...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I spent ages adding mods and screenshots to that, I even posted thigns saying modders should add their own info. Yet people still dotn add screenshots of their mods in spring or add explanations.

Then oneday i looked and somebody had done it all for me........ I take ti that way you?????
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Maybe :P... but probably not... I'm the one who made it so that all the good mods are properly crosslinked with back to mods, mod categories and the cool mod template when it auto-links between the good ones...

Return to “Game Releases”