UberHack 4.0 For Spring Version 1.1 (15 Sept 05) - Page 2

UberHack 4.0 For Spring Version 1.1 (15 Sept 05)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

MrSpontaneous wrote:I can not seam to get the devestator to fire, even force firing or going into it.
Just kinda reminding people :|
That will be fixed in next version, but for this version switch it off and then back on. Then it will fire. Also make sore it's placed on a metalrich area
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Noize, what do you think about the los ? Do you things XTA way is bad? (the 50% more los)
Play UH after some XTA bring some surprises...(I'm sure to have los at a point, but in fact, I don't have ...)
MrSpontaneous

Post by MrSpontaneous »

another thing I noticed is that the gimp does not fire its torpedos. .(maybe they were removed?) any case if it does not have the UH torpedos it probably should have its plasma back :P
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

MrSpontaneous wrote:another thing I noticed is that the gimp does not fire its torpedos. .(maybe they were removed?) any case if it does not have the UH torpedos it probably should have its plasma back :P
Added to pending bugs
AlienDNA

Post by AlienDNA »

The two spy units, the infiltrator and that one with the pointy head, they don't work. Cloaking doesn't work, so they get shot as soon as they are in range. In the origional UH they could run around the enemy's base withouth problems, and were a very interesting recon-unit. Not to mention the fun to try and find one when you suspected there was one in your base...

Perhaps the arc of nukes should be a bit higher, it's very hard to shoot over some hills...
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

AlienDNA wrote:The two spy units, the infiltrator and that one with the pointy head, they don't work. Cloaking doesn't work, so they get shot as soon as they are in range. In the origional UH they could run around the enemy's base withouth problems, and were a very interesting recon-unit. Not to mention the fun to try and find one when you suspected there was one in your base...

Perhaps the arc of nukes should be a bit higher, it's very hard to shoot over some hills...
Just tested the cloaking and that just works fine.. However since in spring we hav automatic radar targeting, they will be shot at as soon as they enter enemy's radar coverage.. but making them stealthed will make them too good i think.

The arc is already very high only the descent is to quick.
AlienDNA

Post by AlienDNA »

In the origional Uberhack they were indeed both radar and visibility-cloaked, which indeed allowed you to put them in the middle of the enemy's base. And he would be fine, as long as nothing came close to him, because he would shortly be visible, enough to get him completeley annihilated by the defence of the enemy base.

I think it should be radar-cloaked, otherwise it's rather useless. Then slightly increase the radius of his visibility-radius, so units see him faster. He's a spy afterall, and a spy is no use in a field of tanks, but more in a base, where he can "spy". I really valued the spy unit in the TA-Uberhack version.

Another thing I found, hovercrafts are unable to take just about any slope, which makes them rather useless on natural maps with a bumpy landscape. Surely they can't race up a steep wall, but this setting makes them unable to get into the water most of the time, because they can't descent the slope. Try flying one on the Desert map that comes with spring, and you'll soon notice... They can't even scale the gentle mountains on the east side of the map...
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

AlienDNA wrote:In the origional Uberhack they were indeed both radar and visibility-cloaked, which indeed allowed you to put them in the middle of the enemy's base. And he would be fine, as long as nothing came close to him, because he would shortly be visible, enough to get him completeley annihilated by the defence of the enemy base.

I think it should be radar-cloaked, otherwise it's rather useless. Then slightly increase the radius of his visibility-radius, so units see him faster. He's a spy afterall, and a spy is no use in a field of tanks, but more in a base, where he can "spy". I really valued the spy unit in the TA-Uberhack version.
Well we can give that a try. Will make it that way, next version.
AlienDNA wrote:Another thing I found, hovercrafts are unable to take just about any slope, which makes them rather useless on natural maps with a bumpy landscape. Surely they can't race up a steep wall, but this setting makes them unable to get into the water most of the time, because they can't descent the slope. Try flying one on the Desert map that comes with spring, and you'll soon notice... They can't even scale the gentle mountains on the east side of the map...
At the moment the maxslope is the same as XTA hovers. This problem is also caused by not-well tested maps.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I think that maps are part of the problem... but what is visually a gentle slope in spring should acctually (realistically and strategicly) allow hovers over them...
AlienDNA

Post by AlienDNA »

Even then, wouldn't it be possible to make them able to descent any slope, they just fall down and land on their air-cussion, so to speak. That way some parts may at least be a little more accessible.

Or is this seperation between slope up and slope down not implemented yet? Because that would make it an engine-issue...

Perhaps a "level land" feature would be nice, where a terraforming type of unit smoothes the edges, allowing you to make a nice ramp for units to descent/ascend.
Construction units can already restore the terrain, why not altering it another way? A smooting-function shouldn't be too hard, I guess.

Maybe I should post this in the development thread?

About the spy unit:
NOiZE wrote: Well we can give that a try. Will make it that way, next version.
Cool!
Pxtl

niCE

Post by Pxtl »

But I still can't wait for Caydr to finish porting AA. Absolute Annihilation uses a lot of Uberhack stats and then adds more units to fill out the inventory. imho, the best TA mod. My only problem with AA is that it overuses "unit-specific-damage" which is confusing to the player... it always leaves one wondering where the special weapons are and what they effect, and it's a pain to root through the docs to find out.
NOiZE

Re: niCE

Post by NOiZE »

Pxtl wrote:But I still can't wait for Caydr to finish porting AA. Absolute Annihilation uses a lot of Uberhack stats and then adds more units to fill out the inventory. imho, the best TA mod. My only problem with AA is that it overuses "unit-specific-damage" which is confusing to the player... it always leaves one wondering where the special weapons are and what they effect, and it's a pain to root through the docs to find out.
AA has too many untis IMO, it's all just really overdone
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

IMO AA has a few too many units! i'm such a fanboy of OTA...
Pxtl

Re: niCE

Post by Pxtl »

NOiZE wrote:
Pxtl wrote:But I still can't wait for Caydr to finish porting AA. Absolute Annihilation uses a lot of Uberhack stats and then adds more units to fill out the inventory. imho, the best TA mod. My only problem with AA is that it overuses "unit-specific-damage" which is confusing to the player... it always leaves one wondering where the special weapons are and what they effect, and it's a pain to root through the docs to find out.
AA has too many untis IMO, it's all just really overdone
I agree that many of the units are extraneous, but many of the AA new units really add to the unit spread. Things like the Liche (super-bomber), the Krow (super-gunship), stun-gun equipped gunships, nanolathe-towers, the Arm Krogoth, and some units to fill out the space between heavy vehicles and the Krogoth all add together for a nice package. Plus, the scaled-up models of the Krogoth and Orcone make the mechs much more imposing and terrifying in game.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

I like that AA gives you some better lvl 2 navy, it's more capital-ship like, but other than that it's pretty blah in my opinion, like it's another unit-pack

[edit] on second thought, I shouldn't really say that, but a lot of the new units have more novelty value than strat value from my perspective. Also, lvl1 artillery=bad idea.

Return to “Game Releases”