[ Tech Wars ] Open Beta Release v1.09

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

This topic is for balance problems and other errors :)
and for feedback too.

Full Credits comes with Final Release.

So far thank all guys that helped me to release this mod.

http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2050
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Re: [ Tech Wars ] Open Beta Release v1.09

Post by bobthedinosaur »

So whats new, features, description, ect..?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Nice, downloading.

Btw, if you send me some screens, preferably pretty good looking ones, I can make you some more load screens.

Maybe get someone with a nice GPU to take some?
lycenhol

Post by lycenhol »

I'm always happy to try a new mod (I tried everyone for Spring, Ultima Annihilation too).

Is there any mod description? Any screenshot?
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Dunno, but try it, it's good!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Basically it sounds like CA craziness with BA gameplay.
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

Changes to Other Mods, i explain some, maybe forgot the half but i will add it here:

Commander Mod Option.

- You Can Choose between Normal Commander, Air Commander, Heavy Commander.
- Normal Commander can Upgrade 3 times but need EXP and METAL/ENERGY for it. After the last Upgrade he is the strongest unit (in DPS) in the Game. ( Tripple Dgun )
- Air Commander cant Upgrade atm. But is a flying fortress and not easy to defeat.
- Heavy Commander are really strong at front and can handle a lot of t1 units. No Upgrade Needed. Maybe Later a Shield or so, not planed.

You Choose between the Commanders in the Modoption, so you can only play with Air Commanders when you set the option to it. So all Player got the type of Commander.

Game Mode Options.

In this version are only 2 Game Modes, the Normal TW style gameplay and the Kill to Tech. More to come if i get some help at lua.

Kill to Tech mode works like that:
You Start with Commander and build up some eco and a Factory, than you start building Units. But you can┬┤t build Builders so far. You need to Kill enemy units to reach the next Techlevel. Here is the Kill list.
tech1 = 50,
tech2 = 200,
tech3 = 400,
tech4 = 600,
tech5 = 850,
tech6 = 1250,

This plays really funny on small maps and get boring on big Water maps for me ^^. Great for FFA !

Gameplay.

The Gameplay in this mod is really different,
- You can Morph at start Mexes to T2 Mexes and after that to T3 Mexes.
- Same for Solar to Advanced Solar or Energy Driller to fusion up to the T4 Fusion.
- This still Costs a lot but you are free to choose when you want to do it or need it. ( This is not a Porc-mod trust me Porcers have no chances. Only if you wait 60 min before attack them )
- The T2 Factorys and T3, T4 are expensive to build but worth it.
- You can build now T3 Air, T3 Tanks, T3 Ships and T3 Robots, After T3 you can Build your last Factory that can build some Special units.
( T4 Stuff is normally not needed in a normal game you wont come to that, only if the teams are fighting so long and it┬┤s a epic game you can build this Game ending stuff. )
- You have new ways to defeat the enemy, like you build some Long Range EMP snipers to take out his defends and than kill it with crawling bombs.
- New usefully unit types i list here:
- Anti Ship Kbots
- Heavy Amphi Tanks
- Spiders Transports
- Cloaked Tanks and Robot┬┤s for special attacks.
and much more.

Effects.

There are a lot of new Effects in my mod, i created some of them and edited nearly all effects in my mod. I use some effects from other mods like XTA or NOTA but you see the difference. Some are still the same because they are great but some are way better now :)
(i asked and get ok)

Information about mod and future of the mod.

I started Spring Modding uuuh 3 years ago. I released a unfinished and really heavy unbalanced mod name LLTA.
LLTA was just for testings and i ended working on it because i had some problems i could not find and deleted it. So i started again from 0% with a idea like LLTA only better. I named it ot LLTA Reloaded.
Many people asked what LLTA stands for, Lord Lemmi Total Annihilation, it was a Stupid name for a mod and so I changed it to TW ( TechWars ). I created this mod only for my self at start, but more and more players liked it when they saw stuff and tested it with me and so i released it to Puplic. I need to say that i havent create 1 Model in it, the most models i found at UU and some i got linked. I write a big credit list at final release atm i can┬┤t say what unit will get kicked out and what go in. So thanks to all the people who created them I asked nearly all of them i could contact. Before you now think i havent created nothing, trust me, i put really much time and work in it to create it and balance it. And i got some help from people i will name in credits too, THANKS so far ! :).

Oke now lets see what comes with next version:
- Insects War mode ( like Chickens/Spacebugs only with Insects this time ( Asked for Models just waiting for Script))
- Balance to some units and adding new morph options.
- Fixing some bugs that are still in it.
- searching for a Lua coder that helps me without payment :/ or not that much payment ! :)
- open for new ideas about it.

If you have some more Questions plz ask. And if you find errors or balance problems plz tell me here :) or if you like the mod ! :)

ImageImage
ImageImage

^ Random Pics :P of stuff.

So far so good :)

Regards LordLemmi

(Sorry for my badass english)
Last edited by LordLemmi on 14 May 2009, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Pxtl wrote:Basically it sounds like CA craziness with BA gameplay.
craziness ?

ill try this later today lemmi
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

Updated my 2 post ! :) plz read !
R-TEAM

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

play VERY nice ;)

And without the Game freeze problems i have with new version
from other mods (BA/CA)

Looking forward to new versions :)

Regards
R-TEAM
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

fix the thuds and need to get to the issue of the random desyncs. when the thud's are fixed ill try to give it a proper go but atm they are quite game breakingly OP.

Apart from that i cant say much the games ive seen seem to end at tier 1 due to thud :P
lycenhol

Post by lycenhol »

There are some nice new ideas in your mod.

But has RAI some problem?
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

Rai is the only working AI for this mod ! :) ATM
They only cant morph but play really strong anyway ! :)

Yeah working on fixes and balances. Just need that desync error fixed before next release.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

I don't know whether it is intentional or not, but there's a T2 Kbot and a T3 Kbot in Core, both named Mammoth.
Also, I see some Z-fighting on some models.
Anyone

Post by Anyone »

Awesome mod, can't even begin to describe how cool this is. Especially the morph features. wow.

Tried 2 RAIs against each other on FolsomDamFlooded and the AI seems to like the mod, really good fight. fwiw (OT) I even saw one AI reclaiming its own T1 mex and replacing it with a T2 one, nice.

Bugs:
Some early T1 units seem to be OP, but that has been mentioned by other users before.
The Nosferatu/Drone balance seems to be somewhat off, the Nosferatu seems better.
The Cybran units' movement is a bit strange and their shields are buggy, they seem to fall under the ground sometimes or completely stop working when the unit is standing still.
The Core Heavy Commander does appear as big dot on the map and not as a commander map icon.
The Arm Heavy commanders missiles are sometimes stuck in an eternal loop. (well at least until the commander is destroyed).
The Arm Heavy commander also misses a wreckage (had a console warning).
Interestingly all seaweapons (depthcharges etc are fired at land targets, too (with small success, though).
And i found 1 tiny bug, a typo, you wanted to write Pulselaser but wrote Pulseaslear or something in a unit description :P

Apart from that: This is a wet dream!

edit: Btw, your promo-screenshots and videos are somewhat tame and about the biggest case of understatement i ever saw. This mod is packed with incredible stuff and you do not show it...?! why?
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

What is missing maybe would be THE CREDITS and/or LICENSES for models you utilized from other mods (TA-BattleFleet for example :-) )or modelmakers, principally if they still are in this comunity or in TAU.
I suppose you, at least, could e-mail me or discuss in the forum about the utilization of that, as Noruas, for example, correctly done when interested in some stuff.
Note that, au contraire of you, in my old mod (off-line only because FileUniverse and the old Spring file repository was gone), have a long anex list comprising the units from UnitUniverse when utilized, and were cited with credits since the FIRST BETA, and it includes since entirely units, to names and concept only (being a new unit created from the ashes, but from ideas of the others like the two Maestro attack corvettes), and ALL were licenced, when the creator still was disponible to that, as I made with the small ARM contruction sub level1, for example.
Also a lotl of the scripts of units of TA-BattleFleet not are the originals made and were modified and improved through years, a lot of work.
Beside this you are utilizing models that were made by myself ONLY for TA-BattleFleet (Battleaxe,Tracker,Zagaie,Cornage etc ), according to my concepts, AND also, you copied my Cavedogs "Evolvas" like the two carriers armed with missiles, remodeled, and rescripted for example.
I dont know about the TAESC Wotan's mod TRO's units models etc that appeared in your mod, but I believe that you must to contact people BEFORE something like this.
I dont have any problems to see some units of my old mod in others, mainly because Im making a "from scratch" brand new BattleFleet, but you should to do the right thing.
Copy a lot of units from another mod, and announce "new units", is very easy, but NOT is fair.
Because all above, I dont agree nor will agree that you will utilize any models I made specially for my mod.
Remove it now.
If you would want new units for your mod I can suggest to find them in WINGs, Scriptor, 3DO builder, UPSpring etc.

vonGratz
Last edited by VonGratz on 17 May 2009, 10:37, edited 3 times in total.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

If what VonGratz says is true, Lemmi, you need to pull the mod from download until you resolve those issues, as they are quite serious.

Probably all you need to do is talk to everyone and get their ok, but that's much more likely to happen if you just indicate that you weren't aware and try to do right by them.
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:If what VonGratz says is true, Lemmi, you need to pull the mod from download until you resolve those issues, as they are quite serious.

Probably all you need to do is talk to everyone and get their ok, but that's much more likely to happen if you just indicate that you weren't aware and try to do right by them.
Of course is true :evil:
Go to...TASMODIT from Trademark
http://modinfo.adune.nl/ and click in Epic Battlefleet
You will find things like this...
Or See the pictures of models in...

http://www.geocities.com/ta_batlefleet/ ... pring.html

http://sbtfleet.forumotion.com/

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq301/vongratz/
LordLemmi

Post by LordLemmi »

As i said before, there is no Credit list in it, as long as i dont know what will be deleted or added. When the unit list is ok, and i┬┤m happy with it i add the full credits list too. If you want your models cutted out ok, i will do it. And sorry that i havent asked you, i forgot about it really... i added so much stuff that i can┬┤t remember where i get it that is a problem too for me so i have no idea where to ask and need to search everywhere. :|
So please dont slap me like a whore i don┬┤t want to get famous or something else with this little mod, it is just for fun but i will be fair and giving big credits. And it┬┤s good that you wroted here before i release it really,
The version that is out is pretty a first test version of it and i needed more people to see bugs/balance problems.

I care about the time others spend for the models and scripts and i will respect them for their work, and sure i forgot some people to ask i but i try to finish the asking list.

Thanks anyway ! :)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

ill talk to you via PM theres a long list of stuff that needs fixing :P

Return to “Game Releases”