Post by Otherside »

lurker wrote:
Otherside wrote:nice personal flame ive been fairly constructive in my posts
No, not really.
i gave reasoning

i suggested a fix

i gave comparissons

= constructive

I didnt do like most other people do OMG THIS GAEM SUCKS without even trying it. I didnt even say gundam sucked it might have potential in other area's but i feel its highly flawed in one of the most crucial area's of a good rts
lurker

Re: Gundam 1.2 f2

Post by lurker »

How about this. You started off extremely non-constructive, and then made some useful posts.

Still, the simbase comparison is absolutely ridiculous. I say this as a top SB player.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Otherside wrote:if the resource model wasnt artificially limited and actually made you expand and not porc on your start pos the game might actually be decent.

But just like PURE fail eco is fail :( l2gameplay
you

talk

so

much

shit

Also you directly compared Gundam to Simbaes, saying its more base buildy than SB. Which is both a lie and lol nooby
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

*wonders why the hell he still hangs around in this community*

Smoth, ignore them. Make what you want to make; that's the entire point of modding. If other people don't like it, fuck 'em, this isn't paid-for professional work and we just do it for own fun and enjoyment. If you like playing your game, then that's what matters.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Otherside I have stated the advantages of expansion in gundam. Like them or not, you have completely ignored every counter point and merely moved on to a different target to attack within the project. It is willful ignorance with baiting attempts, the game is different as many rts games are and that is fine. Simply put, it is my project it will be taken in the direction that I see fit.

here are some fun points though:
"all your shots were of buildings"
most of the shots were of buildings, because I was making new buildings so that needed to be shown and solidifying the economy. Most work was focused on making the base construction and use more streamlined. Another large chunk was unit balance but the primary focus of this project phase was to establish a solid economy and base structure. So yeah shots were posted and a video needed to be made to teach the new concepts.

Was there much focus on new units or units in general? oh fuck yeah, did you miss the addition of squads? the fact that several units become squads as tech progression happens or the fact that several squads grow? How about all the balance changes that are really dynamic? or all the painstaking work on many new unit models, you missed that.

Again, I will say it once more, the base was a focus, I wanted to stream line it so that your focus would instead be on the fighting, that has always been the goal. This phase I was able to get some help and the base is done. NO WAY!

Yeah, I have a few more buildings to do and more work but the econ is set, research will get an expansion in the future but the econ is set which is a pretty fucking huge undertaking and planning it took a lot of work, believe it or not there was even a motherfucking design doc and at least a month of discussion and months of tweaks.

So before you get up and tell me learn to make game, I suggest you take a step back and realized I went outside of the standard paradigms to create something new, interesting and maybe, just maybe it is cool. It isn't your cup of tea, fine, piss off. Other people love it, I love it and frankly you are just doing this to irritate me and it is transparent.

You didn't really make any useful suggestion nor did you take in a single counter point. So I most certainly say this with absolute disrespect, get out of the thread, your input is unneeded.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Small q.
Why don't you turn the Gundam widget that removes the resource bar on by default?
lurker

Post by lurker »

That was a bug only in f1. You first played 1.2 in f1 form? Noob!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Google_Frog wrote:Then whys is it called Gundam RTS not Gundam RTT?
Go ask Blizzard why Starcraft is called a RTS.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

did i comment on all those things NO!. All that cool stuff is wasted with such a bad economic model /thread other people admit gundam is boring to
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

So? Some people think BA is boring. Some people think CA is boring. Shock, gosh and horror, not everyone is going to like something. This is because some people will have opinions that differ from yours. Grow some skin, stop using weasel words and learn some damn grammar, you prat. Can't please anyone; don't bother trying to - you'll just come across as some arrogant toss-pot like me, and no-one wants that.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Otherside wrote:did i comment on all those things NO!. All that cool stuff is wasted with such a bad economic model /thread other people admit gundam is boring to
again, I counter point you go off on something completely unrelated.

Moderators I am officially requesting that any further posts by otherside be removed, he has no intent on giving constructive criticism and you know what... this is really sad, you guys should not have to come in here and deal with this.

Seriously, otherside, you don't like the party? Don't stay.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

i gave constructive criticism , you yourself went on your own rant about all the "Awesome" things about gundam when i was giving a specific point of criticism about a area of gundam i felt is highly flawed ?

you want me to shower every other aspect with praise before criticising or want me to get straight to the point??

sorry i dont feel like stroking your epeen so no i will not shower the mod with awesome happy smileys. I do not feel like commenting on squads or your balance because those are things that i dont feel the need to comment on.

If you cant take directed Criticism thats not my problem
smoth

Post by smoth »

quote for me what you considered constructive criticism.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Otherside, adding more points of interest on the battlefield through expansion was considered and found inappropriate. There are enough points of interest already.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I think there are ways to add points of interest in Gundam that are separate from just adding claimable resource-points like every other freaking RTS out there. For example, you could have a meteor-impact that litters claimable resources over a small area. Instead of territorial stuff being a constant part of the game, this creates a sudden, short-term territorial obesession, similar to a Commdeath in BA. Reclamation-rushes seem like they'd fit better with Gundam gameplay than capping mexes.

Either way, the resource model is part of what makes Gundam more than just a reskin of TA or DoW or StarCraft like every other RTS. If you want to play DoW or TA or Starcraft or whatever, just play those games. If you want to play Gundam, play Gundam.
overkill

Post by overkill »

Jesus Christ!. Otherside get the fuck out of this thread. I am aware this isnt my thread, or my game, or anything, but really you need to gtfo. You are not being constructive, you could be scaring off people looking to try GRTS.

You are whining about porcing, more or less people sitting in their base massing an army. In gundam there is a WONDERFUL pallet Of pork busting options. You have artillery, snipers, dashers and units armed with base busting rocket. Any of these can force an enemy to come out of their base. for this reason sitting in your base is suicide, you lose ground, which could be used for support bases or some leverage to retreat/micro in. Or just get owned by artillery. Sitting in your base is only observed in low level games.

You also commented on how gundam is just lol tech up and spam? and you even said the limited eco is to blame. I laugh in you face. Dont go spewing shit when you are completely ignorant. In the beta (yes i was in it) those were pretty bad issues, people spamming hundreds of mechs, or teching up to gundams in two minutes. the capped eco HELPED, that. And there arent many issues in decent level games now.

Dont think gundam bases are Que the shit up an breath free. since basic mats are hard capped, you need to cycle between building structures and units. you could slap down 5 motor pools and spam tanks, or a factory and spam mechs early on, but you sacrifice economy and defence. You could not go all out on defense, laying down more conyards to make walls and turrets, here you sacrifice the refined mats you need for units, and use the basic for defense, not eco. Or you could focus on eco, or focus on rushing exo and tech, there are many options and its not about the best BO, you can win anyway with superior micro and tactics, or in some cases macro and strategy.

Also, i recommend using proper grammar, if nothing else, proper spelling for god's sake, so maybe people take you seriously. now git, punk.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Ok so, to get to more important matters, like addressing the issues met by users.

What balance issues if any need to be discussed?
- does armored turret still suck?
- is char/ez8/sniper/pgm/dom still dominating by ability or just preference?

Is there any way I can check the sound files to see which ones need to be re-saved so it can run on the linux build?

Any issues that need addressing(gadgets breaking, unexpected behaviors etc?)

Going to make a chart for the squads boosts at levels 1-3, any other informational sheets you guys want?
- Want a printer friendly version?
-- want that for the tech trees also?
- Any tactics you would like to see shared with the noobs?

How much wood COULD a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

more maps?
- if so what shapes are you guys wanting to see
- what player limits?
Last edited by smoth on 15 Apr 2009, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

oh lord the ammount of fanboism such a bunch of hypocrits on this forum :D

yes GUNDAM IS ULTIMATE REVOLUTIONARY RTS because its not like other rts's.

t.t really

im sad to say that the only person that really is being helpful is KDR at least he takes points into consideration and gives decent replies

and Overkill lol at your grammar police nice to know thats the only way you can rebuttle.
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote:gundam is not about expansion, the fluff wasn't and tbfh you are just looking to be derisive. Gundam has always been about what you do with the units. Funny thing is that you can have epic huge bases with power an defenses but it isn't the point.

the point of gundam is FIGHTAN! not playing base builder. It is what you do with the units that makes the game not playing base baby sit. Some units are harder to use than others but to be frank stop expecting TA it isn't. It isn't starcraft either, that wasn't the point. It is about UNITS the sooner you understand that the better. not that you are really going to try it.

The hard capped economy is very much about setting a base that has some amount of management without the base becoming a chore of running around and capping a bunch of fucking mexes that are everywhere. Nor is it about pointless expansion. Expansions give you return points for free healing and support fire. That is why you can build remote conyards, so they can setup fire support and healing stations for your troops/heroes.

So your base is really only there as a support for your troops NOT so you can hide in the corner. do that and in 20-30 minutes you are going to have gundam or xamels up your ass.
Then whys is it called Gundam RTS not Gundam RTT?
because there is a choice between micro and macro strategies, The game is not about just build 1 hero and win although I have watch terrible macro make char invulnerable because people play stupid. Strategy is all about the over all plan where as tactics are about the little bits used to pull off the overall strat. IE, char maneuvers are tactics.
smoth wrote:Otherside I have stated the advantages of expansion in gundam. Like them or not, you have completely ignored every counter point and merely moved on to a different target to attack within the project. It is willful ignorance with baiting attempts, the game is different as many rts games are and that is fine. Simply put, it is my project it will be taken in the direction that I see fit.

then kdr posted
KDR_11k wrote:Otherside, adding more points of interest on the battlefield through expansion was considered and found inappropriate. There are enough points of interest already.
you just refused to read.

To answer yans earlier question, sorry about that yan. Yes that bug was fixed.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Fucking otherside, I will get real feedback so help me.
smoth wrote:Ok so, to get to more important matters, like addressing the issues met by users.

What balance issues if any need to be discussed?
- does armored turret still suck?
- is char/ez8/sniper/pgm/dom still dominating by ability or just preference?

Is there any way I can check the sound files to see which ones need to be re-saved so it can run on the linux build?

Any issues that need addressing(gadgets breaking, unexpected behaviors etc?)

Going to make a chart for the squads boosts at levels 1-3, any other informational sheets you guys want?
- Want a printer friendly version?
-- want that for the tech trees also?
- Any tactics you would like to see shared with the noobs?

How much wood COULD a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

more maps?
- if so what shapes are you guys wanting to see
- what player limits?

Return to “Game Releases”