Gundam 1.2 f1 - Page 2

Gundam 1.2 f1

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Andromeda

Re: Gundam 1.2 f1

Post by Andromeda »

The two wall facings (leftovers from TA?) are really unnecessary.

I disagree with Zwzsg on the point of teching up, i much prefer upgrading an existing fac over the TA style.

Also, one [CoW]Manolo said he had trouble with the research tab. Said it opened and immediately closed again but it worked later in the game.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Andromeda wrote:The two wall facings (leftovers from TA?) are really unnecessary.
They are necessary because building rotation doesn't rotate the footprints.
Andromeda wrote:Also, one [CoW]Manolo said he had trouble with the research tab. Said it opened and immediately closed again but it worked later in the game.
yeah, I accidentally turn off all gundam widgets and that was all me but I don't want to rerelease until some other issues are also fixed.

Thank you for the feedback though. Keep it coming.
Argh

Post by Argh »

They are necessary because building rotation doesn't rotate the footprints.
It's working for me:

If you're stuck on that, check out the stuff in World Builder.
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

of the looks of the video it defenatly frontpage news. Since i have a nettop someone plz make me some juicy screens.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Yeah I am sure if I do some lua bullshit argh. Kdr offered to do something to fix the issue later, but as it stands using standard '[' ']' no it is broken. By posting that it isn't you undermine me and confuse people.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Yeah I am sure if I do some lua bullshit argh.
None is necessary, or I would have said so. Nor was that meant to undermine you.

Here's the stuff from the fence corner sections in World Builder, for example:

Code: Select all

FootprintX=4;
	FootprintZ=4;
	YardMap=oooo oyyy oyyy oyyy;
That's all you need to do, for an L-shape that conforms to the direction it's turned.

Code: Select all

FootprintX=8;
	FootprintZ=1;
	YardMap=oooooooo;
Gives you a long fence, that obeys its buildFacing. All of this stuff works just fine, so far as I can tell.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Did it occur to you that the walls in gundam aren't living units?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Well, that's easily solveable also, but it requires Lua and a "living unit" that's treated like a Feature. Not a biggie.
lurker

Post by lurker »

smoth wrote:Yeah I am sure if I do some lua bullshit argh. Kdr offered to do something to fix the issue later, but as it stands using standard '[' ']' no it is broken. By posting that it isn't you undermine me and confuse people.
Argh

Post by Argh »

<shrugs> it never occurred to me that a new game would still be using Features, tbh.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Having reduced unit counts is a good reason, especially for tiny little modular wall pieces, as is a reduction in lua callins. If culling is still screwed up that should be fixed on its own. There is no reason to make them units.

Also, that line will be fun to quote out of context. :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

well, I am.

if they are living units they are auto-targeted

if they are gaia they are not team colored.

Please, just let it go, it is already filling up a page of the thread. I am in a FOUL mood and nothing good will come of it.
Argh

Post by Argh »

if they are living units they are auto-targeted
Make them Neutral. Neutral stuff is not auto-targetted even if AvoidNeutral is false.
if they are gaia they are not team colored.
Then do the teamcolor with a drawUnit operation. Or don't make them Gaia.

And there are other solutions. But they're annoying enough that I removed them from World Builder.

At any rate, I will not post further on this. Meh, I didn't come here to fight about something, I figured that it might be helpful to get some advice, since I've had to deal with all of this crap already.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

He also wants them teamcoloured Argh.
smoth

Post by smoth »

so yeah, much awesomeness we had a change get through without any of us catching in in the release. The change is that the gundam base widgets are turned off(MY BAD) and all you have to do if gundam is not working:

hit the f11 key

turn on the gundam widgets which are ones marked with a '*'
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

zwzsg wrote:I have luaUI on. The Gundam widgets still started red. From the infolog they weren't even loaded. And I'm not the only one in this case.

Turning reflecivity on brings its own whole load of issues since .78.

Like what? You want transparent textures? Turn on reflectivity. I'm not 100% entirely sure this applies to ceg's as well, but that is my guess.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Forboding Angel wrote:Like what?
Like that.

And you guessed wrong, unlike units CEG have transparency even if reflectivity is off.

Anyway, these are none of Smoth's problem, all I wanted to post is to warn Smoth than on some computers, such as mine, planes flames look odd.
smoth

Post by smoth »

yeah that sucks man, I am sorry because I think you would be pleased as punch to see how far gundam has come in the graphics area.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Perhaps its time an engine side fix for the problem of 'minimum requirements' in graphics such as reflective needing to be turned on should be addressed with regards to settings. Another example being a game requiring Lua UI.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

zwzsg wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:Like what?
Like that.

And you guessed wrong, unlike units CEG have transparency even if reflectivity is off.

Anyway, these are none of Smoth's problem, all I wanted to post is to warn Smoth than on some computers, such as mine, planes flames look odd.
i have that problem with the xta-anni-beam (only there)

Return to “Game Releases”