Gundam 1.2 f1 - Page 3

Gundam 1.2 f1

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

[Krogoth86]

Re: Gundam 1.2 f1

Post by [Krogoth86] »

How come the Federation's research lab eats up your refined metals when active while the Zeon pendant doesn't?
smoth

Post by smoth »

because the zeon one is a paired research building and the feddy one isn't.

zeon research =
customparams = {
factionname = "zeon",
capacityexotic = "500",
costmaterials = "250",
deltaexotic = "0.30",
powerpriority = "4",
power = "-15",
deltarefined = "-2",
},

federation=
customparams = {
factionname = "federation",
capacityexotic = "1000",
costmaterials = "500",
deltaexotic = "0.60",
powerpriority = "4",
power = -30,
deltarefined = "-4",
},

they are equal even in footprint size when you realize that zeon has to have 2 research facilities to equal the 1 federation research facility.
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Just played another game:
1. Zeon airfields cant be hit without manual force-firing.
2. my ally said Zeon AA doesnt work.
3. Feddie popups have no attack function.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

At first another bug report:
Seems you forget to do an canattack=1 for the Federation Popup-Turret as it cannot fire (has no attack button too)...

For the research labs:
The way I see it the Fed. lab takes refined materials to make them exotic (plus you can research). The Zeon one is the same but doesn't eat up your refined (you have to have two for same rate though). Doesn't really sound balanced to me if that's right as the let down on refined ressources for the Federation is quite high. Maybe I just didn't notice the smaller amount of one Zeon lab - I'll check this later...

EDIT:
Zeon AA has always worked for me afaik. Against the masses of fighters last game it'll take a while though to shoot them down...

EDIT2:
Oh and for fucks sake increase the movement-classes crushstrength so we can ram down those goddamn trees. It sucks when your two tree-high mech gets stuck in a tree not talking about passing forests. Reclaiming them also sucks big time as it takes lots of seconds to reclaim one...
smoth

Post by smoth »

someone is angry.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Well trees currently really are annoying in Gundam... :mrgreen:
smoth

Post by smoth »

I will try and address issues brought up. I have a really bad headache because I forgot to eat the past 3 meals. I am also stupid busy right now but here goes.

construction mechs can bulldoze trees. the mechs in the anime were never running around destroying trees. only large explosions did. I don't want them skipping and hopping through the forrest killing all the trees. Play on a map with less trees there are like hundreds of the motherfuckers

2. my ally said Zeon AA doesnt work.
investigating

3. Feddie popups have no attack function.
Will get on that.

airports and the zeon experimental fac are hard to hit. There are many reasons so to put this to bed.. first I don't want to hear it works in ta, I don't want a certain someone to come here and argue rediculous stuff, I am out of patience for it.

ok

so we have a large airpad with a yard map that when it isn't building is almost entirely open. The way spring seemed to handle it was that if you fired into the yard the aircraft plant would not get hit if it was building so you could stall dying by keeping things building. This bug was present in ta except that the ta aircraft yards are like on 34 airpad. With gundam this is not an option unless you guys like having an airbase bigger than the command building for federation.

so then I learned we had custom collision. and I gleefully spent all day applying it project wide only to find out that it was not complete. see, the game engine still uses the unit hitsphere to cover the center point for aim. What the hell right? So I kept the buggy collision box. WHY?!? would I do that. because at least it won't block your units from shooting because of it's GIGANTIC FUCKING hitsphere.

so is there a solution in this sea of pain in the ass? yes there is, I have to model out all the air base units along with the zeon experimental facility. that would have put gundam another month behind on release as they would be a large undertaking. So I ask you to pardon the dust. I hope this mildly angsty explanation covers it. you can kill them all kindsa ways.

*takes in a deep breathe, anything else?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

hey I've had stuff be unshootable because for whatever reason the point that units aimed at decided to be under the ground x:

usually raising the centre of the hitsphere (and adjusting the hitbox offest to compensate) will prevent this error. or at least it did for me when i had this glitch happen on me, like in this screenie...

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I think the shooting over simply happens because the default hitbox is so flat that it's below the unit's center point for these buildings. Give them a custom hitbox instead (they use boxes anyway).
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Another bug, or at least i think it is. The jump-capable mechs can't go over walls. (I am thinking of the powered GM here.)

@PL: Mechcommander spring?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Pressure Line wrote:hey I've had stuff be unshootable because for whatever reason the point that units aimed at decided to be under the ground x:
I explained the issue it isn't underground.
KDR_11k wrote:I think the shooting over simply happens because the default hitbox is so flat that it's below the unit's center point for these buildings.
which I cannot move because it is a 3do model. S30ing them is the only solution.
KDR_11k wrote:Give them a custom hitbox instead (they use boxes anyway).
HUH?
Andromeda wrote:Another bug, or at least i think it is. The jump-capable mechs can't go over walls. (I am thinking of the powered GM here.)
Terrain and walls are not the same thing. They are not "jump capable" yet. That is just the boosting around, not doing a jump.

*in before pl and you talk about another project in here, start a new thread for that, don't muck up the thread*
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

smoth wrote:
Pressure Line wrote:hey I've had stuff be unshootable because for whatever reason the point that units aimed at decided to be under the ground x:
I explained the issue it isn't underground.
I should have been more specific... the centrepoint decided to be underground *even though it wasn't* and im not sure if there is a way to fix it other than s3o, and tbfh i can totally understand you not wanting to remodel and retexture *everything* and push back release dates.

As for a certain other project of mine with jumpjets... Thats in shadow development and nowhere near complete enough for forum consumption.
smoth

Post by smoth »

1.2 release afterthoughts.

Overall the release went really well and we had games going till some time this evening fuck, I think fri-sat it didn't stop. That is ONE HELL of a reception. Not that I could play much, my time has been busy addressing points brought up and continuing to pester kdr, lurker and pretty much any one I could.

The project release was well received even with my personal goofs and the imbalance issues seemed be periphery to the great time everyone was having. Thanks for all the good games guys, I hope in the future we can have more games like that and I can play more!

Lessons learned:
Fun factor is greater than balance. Give the players a more free feeling game where they can play it may not be perfect but who gives a crap if you are all having fun.

Being different is OK. When I first mentioned the fact that gundam would essentially get 4 resources instead of the old TA resources, the reception was initially concerning. However, everyone was open minded and it was a lot of fun. If anything being different was a breath of fresh air

Your biggest critics can be your biggest fans. Some of the people who posted critiques here were very negative. However, I reminded myself that MAYBE they were so intense because they liked it. Considering that I calmed myself down and worked away on fixing something or bugging someone on how to fix it. In turn getting better at lua.

I am exhausted but still want to work on gundam right now. It has been stressful with people loving and hating gundam back and forth but ultimately the feedback was more positive than negative.

Thanks for the good times, useful feedback and most of all patience and open mindedness.

Return to “Game Releases”