BA Skirmish BETA2 (BA6.6) - Page 2

BA Skirmish BETA2 (BA6.6)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: BA Skirmish BETA2 (BA6.6)

Post by TheFatController »

Wisse wrote:Spider can't hit Clockwork, that's the biggest problem. Spiders are also completely defenseless against any spawn vechs because they don't do any real damage, suck at close range plus they can't run away.
In their defence they can all fire over each other and have a long range and good turnrate and acceleration but having tested the weapons they're really poor heh.

I'll look into the zipper too with some real tests
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

zipper would be fairly cool for armlight, paired with a cheaper marauder... How did support get buffed? Wisse is right in that it is probably impossible to balance 1v1 or ffa, but support should be usable in a 3v3 setting imo...
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i have to agree, mavericks would be perfect for this mod with their healing abilities.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

KaiserJ wrote:i have to agree, mavericks would be perfect for this mod with their healing abilities.
they where in beta1.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

And B3. But in both cases on Arm Light side altho they pwn most of units in similar price range like Zeus or Can for example.

That's why I suggested replacing Zeus with Maverick on Arm heavy and using cheap Zippers in it's place for Arm light.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Wisse wrote:And B3. But in both cases on Arm Light side altho they pwn most of units in similar price range like Zeus or Can for example.

That's why I suggested replacing Zeus with Maverick on Arm heavy and using cheap Zippers in it's place for Arm light.
I don't know about the zeus/mavvie switch, that would leave armheavy very weak on smaller maps where raw power is more important than speed...
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

Zeus has very low DPS plus short range. Well microed Maverick can kill it without being hit. Same goes for Can, altho it has Mav's DPS, range and speed still can't quite match it. Plus you would have Stumpys to tank with.

Mavs do fial against stronger units, but you would have Razorback to compensate by then. And with some clever tanking you get insane support.

I've played Arm light with Mavs on BB and they owned everything anyone threw at them. Especially costing only 200 points. But than again some players do prefer using units w/o any microing in which case Zeus would clearly own Maverick. In that case we need much cheaper Zeus, probably in 1/2 of Can's range.
lulzapricot

Post by lulzapricot »

I haven't played this mod myself yet, but spectated and looked pretty fun.

One epicly awesome glitch happened though. :D

When KaiserJ got his flag burnt to a crispt by lasers a portal to the land of fighters was seemingly opened.

They kept pouring in at an amazing rate. (Credits to gonpost for this amazing screenshot)

And landed everywhere.

Except for a few who decided to fly to a better place ... an infinately long ways off the bottom of the map.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Epic:)
lurker

Post by lurker »

It's beautiful. Makes me sad that 4E got rid of the plane of fighters.
Pie

Post by Pie »

Sadly, We didnt have Enough AA to Kill all the Fighters :(
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Oops, i'll look into that thanks >_<

So it happened when the flag died?
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

upload the replay :P
lulzapricot

Post by lulzapricot »

upload the replay :P
Springlobby isnt detecting any replays allthough i *did* upload a replay that i *think* it is to mediafire, im hesitant to post link though, as i can't watch it myself, not sure if it is right replay.

So it happened when the flag died?
Yes
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

ROFLMAO@lulzapricot

Other then that, this idea is epic win :)

Return to “Game Releases”