UTASP 5 for Spring Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

RightField

Post by RightField »

http://race.wc3campaigns.com/UTASP5Spring.zip

Just dl and extract it into your Spring folder, you don't have to do anything with taenheter.ccx. The server can't hold THAT many downloads so please get it someone get it hosted at fileuniverse quickly. :P

If you want info on what this mod is go visit mad ta's website over here:
http://www.planetannihilation.com/madta/utasp_about.asp
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Screens?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

RightField

Post by RightField »

Screens are coming.. I just figured some textures had been left out for some reason.

Fixed version here: http://race.wc3campaigns.com/UTASP5Springfixed.zip

Then again I suck at making good screenshots. So if anybody would want to, go ahead. It's a quite beautiful mod anyways.
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

Yea its a good mod

its still got some problems thou... some units and buildings dont fire im guessing its to do with scripts cus its units and buildings that have stuff happening like spinning things and that

also the one ship built by arm the barrels go flying off in different directions all willy nilly

last thing the Liche bomber thing doesnt shoot anything

other then that i had fun blowing stuff up with the high level units
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

I tried it for OTA and couldn't figure out why there were so many units that seemed to be clones of each other. Any explanation?
RightField

Post by RightField »

Celebrate the diversity.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

:shock: to many units for me.

I mean, 20 lvl 1 units veichles?

I havent even tryed water yet :lol:
mongus

Post by mongus »

got a missing .cob file on a mp game... then game exited.

we where almost lvl 1 i think.

fixed version.

:/ i really wanted an stable mod to play online.
RightField

Post by RightField »

I'm sorry, but I can't fix script incompabilities with spring. You have to get the SY's to get compability 100% to get it fully working. :/
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Missing .cob doesn't mean a script is incompatible, it means it can't even find the script!! It's most probably an unit with an odd name, using spaces or other character. You could first try to build all units and see which ones crash.
RightField

Post by RightField »

oh, will do a check tomorrow and see what I can find.
RightField

Post by RightField »

Tested all units. I encountered no crashes. So I have no idea. The mod is still quite buggy, and many weapons don't work as they should and can cause crashes but there's a limit to what I'm able to repair, there's ages since I modded TA, I don't remember everything.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

any updates?
archivis

How to install UTASP5 for Spring's mod switcher

Post by archivis »

All the files are on fileuniverse, but it's non-obvious what to do to make it work.

Here's what you need:
First, you need the mod pack with the buildpics. The OTA + Evo mod contains the files needed for UTASP, as that's where its buildpics originated. Grab that and install it.
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1257

Second, you'll need the actual UTASP mod file, in .UFO format. Grab that off fileuniverse and plop it into your /mods directory.
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1047

Third, you'll need the Spring .sd7 format mod info file. This tells Spring how to use what's in the .ufo mod, and what other files the mod depends on. Grab it off fileuniverse, and plop it into your /mods directory as well.
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1431

Note: I made neither the UTASP5 mod, nor did I make the .sd7 modinfo file for the Spring switcher. I'm just putting down what I did to make it work.

Caveats: Some of the units have bugs, because they haven't been converted for Spring's slightly different way of doing things. For example, the Arm Orcone's primary weapon just drops at it's feet when firing - which is painful. I've got that one fixed in my personal copy of UTASP - it just needed startvelocity and weaponacceleration tags in the weapon description.

Anyone interested in converting this to Spring? Anyone else like UTASP?

*listens to the crickets chirp*
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

This is what I have to define as legitimate evil topic rezzing. This mod isn't downloaded or played and even on OTA where *most* units functioned as you'd expect and it *usually* didn't crash, it was mediocre at best.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I've never seen anyone play this, but from some one who DOSE play it tell me if its any good, or should i just keep alternating between Morrowind, Arx Fatalis and Total Anhillation Spring: The Final Fronteer?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

You know how I said I didn't like the way AATA had so many units that seemed to fill the same role?

This is a million times worse.
archivis

Post by archivis »

So I'm the only UTASP fan? Oh well.

Yeah it's got a million units, but that can be fun. Embrace the madness!

Except of course, I dont think anyone else is. Crud. Have to fix it all myself.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Embrace the madness V's play more Morrowind...

back to Vivec i go! (Not an insult to any fan's of this particular mod, but i'm not looking for a gazillion units...)

Return to “Game Releases”