Light Side of Spring - Page 2

Light Side of Spring

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Eisi

Re: Light Side of Spring

Post by Eisi »

Oh, didn't notice that only rocks can block the beam.

Well, i had another idea:
what about a laser helper? a small laser cannon, with a build limit of 1 or 2 maybe, that dies after its shot. Its beam should not be as strong as the com ones.
Or a laser wall: its one building where two mirrors beam the laser at each other. A fired laser can't pass it. This would give the game another aspect of tactic, if you use the laserwall at the right time you can save your live.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I'm usually against unit limits. They feel a bit artificial. If a unit is so OP that you're only allowed to build 2 why not just balance it so it isn't OP?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Note that weaker beams wouldn't really work since the mirrors fire their own weapons to "reflect" the beam (sure, could be changed to use two different beams but I don't like the idea either way), laser walls that block shots are impossible with the engine.
Eisi

Post by Eisi »

Ok, hmm i have another idea (I hope I don't annoy you):

Some neutral mirrors that spawn randomly all over the map. They focus on a random point and can't be aligned by players.
I thought this adds a more dynamic gameplay because if you played a map a few times you now the best way how to setup your mirrors.

Return to “Game Releases”