Maximum Annihilation V1.1 - Page 4

Maximum Annihilation V1.1

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Noruas
XTA Developer

Re: Maximum Annihilation V1.1

Post by Noruas »

I have an idea for a mod option, if thge game lasts longer then an hour, the last losing team gets a free krogoth after their last unit dies as the last attempt to win the game.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

Well I guess it would be hard to explain why the formerly winning team if getting owned by that Krog wouldn't get one when their last unit dies. And what if they're all Arm? :wink:

I'd rather enjoy a sudden death where pools of acid start rising like in the water does in Worms until all units not placed on hills die & the player who manages to conquer the highest hill wins. THAT would be a real King of the Hill match! Well ok there still would be aircrafts... :P
Dream Focus

Post by Dream Focus »

Aircraft carriers
When moving a group of aircraft carriers, they will automatically start to guard one of their numbers. They usually go along their patrol route for a time, then end up with the one they are guarding stuck in the middle of them, unable to move, and the rest boxed in around it.

Resurrection submarines
Res subs sometimes get stuck trying to reach to something on shore, which they can not get to, instead of just focusing on ships they need to bring back.

In my last game, I built dozens of resurrection submarines. The main enemy fleet got wiped out by my level 3 energy weapons along the coast. I then resurrected it faster and cheaper than it would've taken to build such an armada on my own.

Strange lock up
If you have a rather large number of decoy commanders, and you have them all set to morph at once, they'll freeze up at one point, and it'll say "paralyzed" on them, that lasting throughout the game. This happens even if you have enough power and metal to convert them all at once.

----
Ships beat aircraft.
Submarines beat all ships.
Hovercrafts that drop depth charges beats all submarines.

Other than the AA ship, can other ships hit aircraft as well? A comparison list of things would be great. Would that be any trouble to do? When you edit things, do you have the names listed, and all the stats, and you just have to take a screenshot and upload it somewhere?
Dream Focus

Post by Dream Focus »

Just remembered one more thing, just something minor.

Can you make it so when the nano turrets are made, they work on their own straight away? As it is, you have to select them, and click patrol, and then they'll repair or help build anything within range.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

Aircraft carriers
Ok thanks for reporting. They actually only will do so when they see something damaged (and probably even when they run across a wreck). As they are by principle "builders" they try to repair / reclaim what they meet on their patrol path. I just fixed that so they don't try to do something like that anymore...
Resurrection submarines
While as I said their rez speed is a bit too high in your version this also won't work out that good against a human player. It usually also makes more sense to just reclaim the wrecks to have metal for whatever you want to build yourself...
Strange lock up
Just tried it with morphing 30 Decoy Commanders at once but it was all fine. The usual blinking while upgrading and a bar showing the morphing process...
Other than the AA ship, can other ships hit aircraft as well?
Well the T2 aircraft carriers still will get an additional AA weapon. Apart from that the T1 scout ships has some limited AA and the T3 Flagships and LRPC ships also have AA weapons...
A comparison list of things would be great.
You mean something like this?
http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?side=arm&MOD=ma11

It doesn't have the latest stats of course...
Dream Focus wrote:Can you make it so when the nano turrets are made, they work on their own straight away?
I think there exists a Lua widget that does exactly that...
Dream Focus

Post by Dream Focus »

The trouble with Core's best bomber
For Core, the Black Lily - Stealthy Heavy Bomber has a very wide turning radius, it taking forever to get a single shot. You aim at a target, it has to keep flying in the other direction for quite some distance, turn, and make a wide circle back before it gets to the target, which it'll hopefully then attack. Not sure because I haven't seen one make it back after its long loop without getting shot out of the sky yet.

Bombers need guardian aircraft they don't blow up by accident
Please make it so that no bombers, from either faction, can hit other aircraft. Otherwise they keep getting lured off from their target, chasing after something they can't catch, and can't hit. The only time an aircraft would be damaged, would be if it was a unit set to guard them, or another bomber unit you had selected to group with them, and this isn't what anyone wants. Bombers don't last long without other aircraft to protect them against enemy aircraft, so you need to be able to have them travel safely together.

Core has superior fighter aircraft it seems. Not sure how that works against the anti-air units of Arm, but if you watch build up enough of them, and watch them, making certain they hit the AA units first, they do rather well.

Shouldn't aircraft automatically hit any anti-air units first?

Core has a slow moving large artillery level 3 ground unit called Juggernaut which can do massive damage to flagships and Krogoths. Krogoth is listed as this [http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?act=e ... e&MOD=ma11] instead of the Bantha. Does it mean the Arm Bantha, or this experimental unit used for x_core which apparently doesn't have any unit able to build it? I figured for legal reasons, the Krogoth unit was just renamed Bantha.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

The trouble with Core's best bomber
Their behaviour actually is identical to every other bombers'. When attacking heavy fortified bases you shouldn't expect to have more than one bomb run anyway... :wink:
Bombers need guardian aircraft they don't blow up by accident
Well bombers don't pick aircrafts automatically when e.g. being on patrol but keep ignoring them. You still can give them attack orders on aircrafts which might be useful when you see some which did not take-off yet...
Core has superior fighter aircraft it seems. Not sure how that works against the anti-air units of Arm, but if you watch build up enough of them, and watch them, making certain they hit the AA units first, they do rather well.

Shouldn't aircraft automatically hit any anti-air units first?
Well actually both sides' fighters are pretty much identical...

When being on patrol it usually makes most sense that the fighters try to hit whatever is in range first. If you would do it in a way that they would scan for eventual anti-air aircrafts in their range you'd just need to mix a few of them into your bomber squads and all of your fighters would concentrate on just those few units while the bombers while being the most dangerous threat would just fly through your fighter screen...
Core has a slow moving large artillery level 3 ground unit called Juggernaut which can do massive damage to flagships and Krogoths.
I wouldn't call the Juggernaut an artillery unit - it's a heavily armed and armored though slow assault unit...

When talking about the Krogoth: He isn't implemented yet as I have special plans for him - there just are some definitions left in the mod but you won't be able to build it. The Bantha (also being an Arm unit) is no replacement for it but rather a slightly different counterpart to Core's Krogtaar T3 mech...

Return to “Game Releases”