Maximum Annihilation V1.0 - Page 4

Maximum Annihilation V1.0

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Wasp

Re: Maximum Annihilation V1.0

Post by Wasp »

What I saw was interesting, and am somewhat hopeful about final results of this. During early game, with nothing going on, there was practically zero difference between this and previous revisions, but during heavy gameplay events, this seems to have improved performance by a bit, and performance feels smoother, with fewer giant slowdowns occuring.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Uhhh, wtf?
Argh wrote:Testing 5609. Difficult to do complete comparisons, due to SpringSP currently failing to launch the game (some sort of parsing error in script.txt generated by SpringSP, game runs fine when run directly).

What I saw was interesting, and am somewhat hopeful about final results of this. During early game, with nothing going on, there was practically zero difference between this and previous revisions, but during heavy gameplay events, this seems to have improved performance by a bit, and performance feels smoother, with fewer giant slowdowns occuring.
From the Development -> Optimizing Math Functions thread.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Iz3 wrote:- adv. wind generator and light fusion need to be smaller
Well as I already said some while ago the size of the Adv. Wind Generator is what it's all about. It's way more efficent than the normal version and has its downside in its size. Concerning the Light Fusions: Well as they have about the same size as the T3 Fusions I don't think they are too big...
Iz3 wrote:- water version of plasma shield and nano would be useful
Well I'll think about the nanos but didn't really like the idea of floating shields yet...
Iz3 wrote:- nuclear mine is missing :wink:
Well imo a nuclear mine would have to be T3 where mines did get old already. I also think they would be rather useless as building them near you defences is no option and at some distance in front of them too dangerous. But you might enjoy using Skuttles for having some Mini-Nuke mines when deploying them...
Iz3 wrote:- buildicons : nice work
Thanks! :-)
Iz3 wrote:ps : airmail unit is my favorite, did you make it ?
Yes I did... :-)

At this point I also want to give a little status report:
Version 1.1 did have some nice progress and the bugfixing (at least those I know of) is already completed. I now want to bring two new units ingame before releasing. So expect it somewhen this weekend. Unfortunately you won't see any new T3 Sea stuff yet...
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yes the buildicons are really great (and IIRC their placement too) compared to CA for instance where I recently lost a game because I built a scanner instead of a rocket vehicle...

Yes, the advanced wind is really huge... maybe you could make it a little bit smaller without reducing the space it takes on the ground - like a baseplate or something.

Return to “Game Releases”