THIS (WIP 7 release) - Page 9

THIS (WIP 7 release)

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Re: THIS (WIP 7 release)

Post by KingRaptor »

The broken mass drivers and mag-shields in WIP8 turned out to be due to the weapon lists in the gadget being incompatible with the new luadefs. I've reverted to FBI for the time being.
SpikedHelmet wrote:It seems half the ships don't have auto-move commands (as in, when selected, Move isn't activated; have to press M).
In WIP7? That problem went away when I removed the formation gadget and the associated defCommand widget.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

Nothing I do works, I can't figure out why some things sync and others don't - and for all I know, it may be just me with the desync problems. I give up :(

http://springfiles.com/2324 Fixed what I could, changed to .sd7 and uploaded. See if it works for you guys.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

last time i played THIS, there were serious balance issues with the cloaked bomber (next to useless) and certain combos (e.g. mass drivers, emp missiles and something else, i forget what, made mass swords basically unbeatable). also WTB hyperdrive ^_^
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

We got bigger issues ATM, torpedoes cause desyncs.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

It turns out that in the current version it's actually the grav flak, not torpedoes, that are desyncing.

I collected some syncdebug logs and posted them here: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20673
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

All known desyncs and other bugs fixed. Just need to wait for next Spring version.

Much thanks to KDR_11k, Kloot, Auswaschbar, imbaczek and others for their effort in getting this bug fixed :-)
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

How is THIS going? I remember testing a much earlier version and it looked promising but I haven't looked since.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

How is THIS going? I remember testing a much earlier version of THIS and it looked promising but I haven't looked at THIS since.
Fixed.

Fuck THIS is the coolest name for a game ever. I just love the way referring to THIS allows you to insert puns into pretty much every sentence, multiple times.

THIS is awesome.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Das Bruce wrote:How is THIS going? I remember testing a much earlier version and it looked promising but I haven't looked since.
It was broken by some Spring changes, I believe King Raptor made an attempt to fix it up and evolve it but I think most of his work is unreleased.
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

SpikedHelmet wrote: THIS is awesome.
THIS.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

I left THIS development to write angsty fanfiction.

It's currently got most of the new stuff I've wanted to add and should generally be more than playable, so I could just tie up the loose ends and release something. I really don't the time to support it right now, though, so it'll have to wait for a bit.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

123v convinced me to make a straight-up bugfix release version, so I went and took out most of the gameplay changes, and released WIP11.
Changelog wrote:== WIP 9 -> WIP 11 ==
Engine desyncs fixed. Much thanks to Kloot, Auswaschbar, imbaczek, and KDR_11k for their help in resolving the problem.
Also fixed an embarassing bug with the perk system. Whoops.

Game changes:
- Comet occupation strength increased to 1
- EMP missiles back up to 2x damage (from 1.75x)
- Mass driver splinters don't hit tiny units (torpedoes and drones). Radius reduced (300 to 225).
- Added Cloak Fire State widget.
- Added Formations widget.

- Experimental new ship: Eclipse, a battlecruiser with lots of weapons including a very powerful superlaser. Needs to be enabled in modoptions.

Defenders of the Galaxy changes:
-Shuffled spawn lists. In particular, Wraiths and Warhammers are listed as defenders, and thus won't be visible in the attack wave notification.
-Added an option to respawn "burrows" (starbases) when they are killed. Not recommended for higher difficulty levels.
-The queen is now an all-new ship (the Eclipse) instead of a regular carrier
-Added Suicidal difficulty level
-Small ships now have a teleport CEG when spawned
Download it here. (Maps sold separately)

Big gameplay changes coming soon in WIP12.
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

Mod specific maps:

"THIS space" 16x16
http://www.darkstars.co.uk/downloads/vi ... Sspace.sd7

"THIS huge space" 32x32
http://www.springfiles.com/show_file.php?id=1606

Cheers!
thank you KingRaptor
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Want an account on packages.springrts.com so you can upload THIS?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i played this ages ago and was looking for it for a long time, tbh, nice to see it didnt change much. diz is teh shiet <3
yanom

Post by yanom »

It have working AI?
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

yanom wrote:It have working AI?
Only the "chicken" spawner (out of date but should be fully functional). Regrettably, I don't quite have the time or inclination to make a normal-game AI.

In fact, since ZK is going to be my priority in any case, I should probably just let other people work on it
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

KingRaptor wrote: In fact, since ZK is going to be my priority in any case, I should probably just let other people work on it
:(
yanom

Post by yanom »

what does THIS stand for?
yanom

Post by yanom »

also, THIS WIP 7 doesn't show up in springlobby, on Windows or Linux, when I put it in the mods folder :( shame cause it seems like a great mod.

Return to “Game Releases”