Balanced Annihilation V6.0 - Page 10

Balanced Annihilation V6.0

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Klopper

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.0

Post by Klopper »

Well nevermind, after watching the replay it seems my last windmill blew up just the moment my Gimps went on land :oops:
Guess my teammates were just too heavily e-stalling with the few stuff they had left to share any of their e...
pktm

BA 6.0 shield question

Post by pktm »

Dear all!

Whats the matter with those shields in ba 6.0?
Sometimes they repulse a bullet, sometimes they dont.
When do they do so and when not?
Could we implement an indicator for it? Using antnukes, u have some antinuke-count and know if it will avoid a nuke or not.

regards, pktm
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Well deflecting costs you a lot so if the shields don't work anymore you have probably run out of energy... :wink:
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Shields drain energy. In BA, they have no battery- you must have energy in your reserves when you are struck by the projectile. If you are stalling, the shot will penetrate.
dzzirrus

Post by dzzirrus »

Played a lot already and i might say that berthas and Intimidators are extremely overpowered!
It is cheap (only 4300 metal) and extremely strong mostly in defence, but they are also great in offence.

Actually any attack with t1-2 ground forces (doesnt matter whether with jammer or not) will fail if your enemy got atleast 2-3 berthas.
Slow attack with covered sharpshooters, penetrators, tremors (shortly - with any supporting artillery) will surely fail.

t2 boats are also in troubles due to this guns.

As for me i dont see any reason to make those turrets so much accurate as they are now. It should NOT be both offensive AND THAT GOOD defensive weapon (it can stop even t2 best boats...).
Please, make those guns as they were in OTA. Or atleast raise their price a lot.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

dzzirrus wrote: It is cheap (only 4300 metal)

>_>
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

dzzirrus wrote: Please, make those guns as they were in OTA. Or atleast raise their price a lot.
rofl fail. Their accuracy is about the same as it was in OTA. Quit whining just cause you lost to some BBs and porc less.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

LordMatt wrote: rofl fail. Their accuracy is about the same as it was in OTA. Quit whining just cause you lost to some BBs and porc less.
While OP's "WAAAH, Bertha's are OP" complaint is silly, they are, effectively, more powerful than OTA's berthas by virtue of Spring's targetting differences.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Hey, can we have slightly offset buildings like in OTA. I went back and played and noticed all the small things that really make that a great game. If you don't know how to do this, consider asking ARGH, he's done it quite well in PURE.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Just rotate some piece by a random amount.
Gota

Post by Gota »

On medium to big maps Berthas are also very good counters to t3.
To build a Krog for example youd need about 37 or 38 k of metal together with the t3 lab.
Building 4 berthas on a big map would do so much damage to the appraoching krog hed hardly have any hp left.
T3 units should recieve a defensive bonus vs lrpcs.

By the way,do you think that maybe static aa are kinda lame?
If he have this situation:
A single front line above which you are sure enemy bombers are gonna fly.
ATM your best choice is to cover that front line with tens of advanced fighters.They are the only thing that can stop say 15 advanced bombers from passing your lines and bombing that advanced fusion..Static aa defences should be much better than fighters.While fighters can move to another location if needed statics should be much more effiecent if an attack actually flys over them.
I also think that the long range missile should cost less as should flak.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Gota wrote:On medium to big maps Berthas are also very good counters to t3.
To build a Krog for example youd need about 37 or 38 k of metal together with the t3 lab.
Building 4 berthas on a big map would do so much damage to the appraoching krog hed hardly have any hp left.
T3 units should recieve a defensive bonus vs lrpcs.

By the way,do you think that maybe static aa are kinda lame?
If he have this situation:
A single front line above which you are sure enemy bombers are gonna fly.
ATM your best choice is to cover that front line with tens of advanced fighters.They are the only thing that can stop say 15 advanced bombers from passing your lines and bombing that advanced fusion..Static aa defences should be much better than fighters.While fighters can move to another location if needed statics should be much more effiecent if an attack actually flys over them.
I also think that the long range missile should cost less as should flak.
Agreed about AA. However, the krogs the way they are I think are good. If you really want to advance ur krog, build deflectors along the way :)
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

If he has so many berthas that he can kill your krog, dont build a krog. Actually, scratch the first part- dont build a krog.

OTA BB has 2x the DPS of the BA BB. Id rather NOT have it reverted to OTA stats kthx.

You need both static AA and fighters. Especially because if he sends in his OWN fighters, he can punch a hole in your fighter screen. You need AA on the ground too to stop that happening.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Concerning AA:
I think it's a problem that the T2 AA (i.e. flak turrets) have so little damage against bombers in comparison to missile based units and turrets. A single missile from a T2 fighter (which fires two of em at the same time) does more damage than two direct flak hits. And even that is highly unprobable as due to the big inaccuracy they often don't hit at all and if they do it's only some % of the full damage due to AoE...

With that said there is no really good Level 2 ground AA against bombers. Imo the damage against bombers should be upped a bit and the turrets shouldn't have the very same inaccuracy as the mobile flaks...

Concerning Krog vs. LRPC:
As it was said trying to overwhelm such an enemy with a Krog isn't a good idea. But if you want to try it guard your Krog with some mobile jammers so you at least make it to the enemie's defense line without being under fire (and hope he has no spies around :wink: )...
Gota

Post by Gota »

does aa have priority?say hitting bombers first than everything else..
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Ground-based AA is a complete freaking mess. It's hard to figure out the roles of the MT, the Pop-up, the kbots, and the big RFMT turret. Meanwhile, the flak cannon (and mobile-flak) have been hyper-specialized into being the "anti-gunship turret". The only one that is obvious where to use Screamer, since it is effectively the AA-equivalent of the Guardian - an area-denial weapon that isn't too useful in pitched battle.

The fact that bombs have inertia complicates this, because it means that destroying bombers at short-range allows the bomber to still get off its bombs.

The mayhem of unit-specific damages confuses the issue even further.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Noticed strange behavior of Core's t2 jammer vehicle: In a recent game i ordered 2 of them to guard a Juggernaut, but instead of staying close to him they always tried to drive into battle to the next radar that was "attacking" the jugger (at least i think it was a radar, could have been some other target too though).
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

I wonder if they still have the fake weapons to show their jamming range :-
Gota

Post by Gota »

i dont see why there should be specialized aa trrts vs gunships.
long range missile towers are a complete waste of money.
Its even a bit ironic since they are also very susaptible to bombing runs,they die very quickly.
After you fo t2 for a while and people managed to build defences the best thing is t2 air ..Because with a few scout planes or fighters accompanying adv bombers they can hit and destryo any taregt nomatter where it is unless u have tens of adv fighters flying around in a tight space..and you still cant be sure..
Plus if im not mistaken the nuclear bomber's hp was reduced,that wa sa mistake since it costs 2k+ metal and 40k energy.. even missile towers kill it relaticly easy..much better to just build 6 advanced bombers.. they will do much more dmg...unless you want to kill a commander...
The t1 armored aa buildings are also completly useless...instead of giving them more hp and resistance to bombings(nobody bombs them) they should recieve more range.. so they are actully owrth the 500...say put one and ur entire base is covered vs air (not completly but the air attack will at least be getting hit if it tries to attack your base).same with the not armored aa that costs about 200+ i ithnk..its range should also be increased..
make long range missile towers do less dmg but shoot much more often(and increase their hp as well they do cost 1.5k..that way say 2-3 with a flak or 2 can devestate a medium to big air raid if it comes their way of course..(if you do thje math 2-3 long range missile towers and 2 flaks is about 5+ k metal...thats about 20 advanced bombers(arm adv bomber costs 230 metal)..planes have the build power requirement,they tend to build longer but static aa also builds slowly..
If flaks actually have special damage versus gunships it should be nulified and instead flak area dmg should increae dramaticly.

Now i know that ba is all about making attacking easier than defending but there should be a limit..air bombing is crazy in team games.
Gota

Post by Gota »

And i cant understand why there is such hatred to t3 kbots..People feel they are not strategic enough?If so its possible to diversify them...even though u already have all terrain..artillery..amphibious bots..

Another point that should be dealt with imo is the amphibious units..
for arm tha amphibious lab adds only 2 extra units if you already have a t1 ship lab..
core gets 3 units since the amphibious transport is really rediculeous and nobody uses it..
I say lets push the amphibious units to another lab...like ship labs..
the fact you need to build another lab that is quite expensive jsut for 2-3 units is not working well and they really dont get built..
I think it would diversify the battlefield if the amphbious units were more available..perhaps a small tweka to the heavy amphibious units and u can put them in t1 shipyard even..making the t1 shipyard be a bit more usefull since it has beem shadowed a bit by hovers which ar very effecient on most maps we have.

Return to “Game Releases”