Balanced Annihilation V6.0 - Page 9

Balanced Annihilation V6.0

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

ZellSF

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.0

Post by ZellSF »

It is 55 seconds Seems to be the maximum amount of time you can paralyze something too.
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

[Krogoth86] wrote:
dzzirrus wrote:Well, ive tested those missles myself and i got to say they are quite crappy. At your screenshot situation is very lucky. If you will use it against vehicles it will stun only 2-3 for 55 sec. Waste of metal and energy to get it IMO. Atleas when you arent using nukes.
Well you shouldn't doom the EMP missiles for little usage on something they aren't made for. You shouldn't build them for disabling some tanks or something - that's what the EMP bombers are for. The EMP missiles are primarily for disabling enemy (Nuke-) defenses (which is what makes Arm a bit OP i lategame - especially as mobile Antis are rarely used) or even stopping some T3 Mechs (firing a missile from two silos even shuts a Bantha down for 55 secs)...
The fact that mobile antis aren't used doesn't make the EMP overpowered, it means people should make mobile antis more often.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

The problem is that this is difficult as going for vehicles makes more sense on most maps and if you now are playing Arm you can't get such an Anti so fast (or without paying a lot just for this). You're of course right that you should have something like this as backup when having gone the way which gives you a mobile Anti. Also don't forget to give them some kind of patrol route because otherwise they are easy targets too... :wink:
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

Yeah, to be honest I was happier in AA when the mobile antis were in both t2 kbot and vhc labs.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

The scarab was a vehicle in OTA. :|
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

you could just take it out of the fac and add it to the T2 cons that way every tech can make em.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Hmmph. Sounds just like whining to me, since most games people build T2 veh labs, so having a Scarab in there isn't really a "not my tech tree" thing. The problem is more that the Scarab ties up the T2 veh lab for a very, very long time.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

While vaguely on the subject... beyond it being a lingering cadyrism, I can't see why the Adv. Fusion should be vehicles only. They are already far stronger than bots, they shouldn't get the economy edge also.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

ralphie wrote:While vaguely on the subject... beyond it being a lingering cadyrism, I can't see why the Adv. Fusion should be vehicles only. They are already far stronger than bots, they shouldn't get the economy edge also.
because kbots can tech to krog!!
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Actually, the OTA scarab was a kbot. It was built in a standard-issue Vehicle Plant because the Arm KBot factories at the time could not support its unusual size and construction.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Dragon45 wrote:
Actually, the OTA scarab was a kbot. It was built in a standard-issue Vehicle Plant because the Arm KBot factories at the time could not support its unusual size and construction.
arm spider was also vehicle!
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Sshhhh...

my yeast is rising.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Sleksa wrote:arm spider was also vehicle!
Wrong! Read your TA manual again! It stresses that the Arm Spider is a K-Bot, which is built out of the veh lab only because it's too big to fit in a k-bot lab.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

zwzsg wrote:
Wrong! Read your TA manual again! It stresses that the Arm Spider is a K-Bot, which is built out of the veh lab only because it's too big to fit in a k-bot lab.
I never had a manual! T_T

my OTA cd's were actually my friend's who got bored to the game ~~

anyways it comes out of the veh lab too
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Sleksa wrote:
zwzsg wrote:
I never had a manual! T_T

my OTA cd's were actually my friend's who got bored to the game ~~

anyways it comes out of the veh lab too
Download it!

http://www.atari.com/us/support/faq/tot ... ads_pc.asp
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

That manual is missing the appendix that explains how the Anni works :(.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

KDR_11k wrote:That manual is missing the appendix that explains how the Anni works :(.
Yeah - I saw that too when being too lazy to dig out the printed one...
But do you really know for sure that it was in there? I mean maybe it was something that was cut out for the english manual and did make it into the german one (and even others?!)...
dzzirrus

Post by dzzirrus »

Otherside wrote:because kbots can tech to krog!!

pffft... who needs those noobish krog...

WTB t3 bots and adv. fusions aviable for both vehicles and k-bots :)
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Something strange happened to me with Gimps in a recent Tangerine game: After clearing out some sea stuff with their torpedoes, my Gimp team went on land, but their lasers wouldn't work. I'm quite sure i had enough energy (else at least a few single shots should have worked with shared energy from teammates), although i'll have to watch the replay to confirm since front had just fallen at that time and bases were getting ripped quick...any similar event seen so far by anyone?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

The gimp sometimes wont fire its torp underwater, though ive not seen the inverse with the laser.

Its probably a script related issue that activates the laser/torpedo depending if he is in the land or the sea. I guess sometimes the script isnt realising he is above/below water.

Return to “Game Releases”