All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

Nerf the flash/gator.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Sleksa wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:No wonder no modding team on the planet listens to DZHIBRISH's input on balance.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Klopper wrote: Or even better, let's have the coms different outfits according to season...i'd vote for sunglasses, hawaii shirt, cowboy hat and cigar in summer...and ofc bunny ears during Easter time :lol:
I suggested this in chat to a few buddies, but I said a beer dispensing helmet for the Olympics and a pimp hat for Valentine's Day.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Sleksa wrote:
Sleksa wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:No wonder no modding team on the planet listens to DZHIBRISH's input on balance.
i lolled. heartily and truly. thank you Slek, Rapt, you have restored my faith in the human condition (or perhaps its just gratifying to know im not the only one who thinks he is insane)
KlavoHunter

Re: Balanced Annihilation V5.91

Post by KlavoHunter »

The Zeus needs buffing - as it stands, it's pathetically short on range, slow, and doesn't quite have the HP to tank damage the way the Can does. I am told this is related to bugs with the Lightning Gun? If so, maybe this has something to do with the general suckiness of the Panther?

In any case, I also wanted to suggest a change of weapons on the Bantha - right now, it shoots generic blue crap at the enemy.

Why not give it a pair of (really large) lightning guns in the arms instead? Stylistically, it fits better with Arm, who has that as a signature weapon, alongside the EMG. It wouldn't change the unit in any balance-breaking way (Unless the supposed Lightning Gun bugs are REALLY that bad?), but it would improve the unit stylistically.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Zeus just seems to miss targets alot, its short range is fine when it can deal some damage.

Panther, Lightning Dragontooth defense, and Zeus suffer horribly from weapon inaccuracy thats their main downfall, not being short range.

If Zeus needed anything, its a speed improvement, but otherwise he's a damn good assault unit, has good armor, and deals good damage when he actually hits stuff.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Lightning has a natural inaccuracy that is hardcoded...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Snipawolf wrote:Lightning has a natural inaccuracy that is hardcoded...
Only against moving targets AFAIK. It was supposed to make shots against planes less accurate.

Also, fixed in SVN.
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

Guys,how come the t1 kbots dont have a unit that can build mexes underwater like the t1 vehicle.
Plus vehicles also can build on hills so that advatage is takes from kbots.
I say either make t1 vehicles's amphib bots be unable to climb hills and be just like regular con but to have the ability to build underwater or make a new unit for t1 kbots that can build underwater.
How about a freaker unit but for t1 kbots not only t2..and it needs to be able to go underwater 2.
What you say?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

This is a matter of design decision. I personally considered moving amphibious construction to the Kbots factory a few times, however, I elected not to for flavor issues.
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

isnt there a concept such as how usable kbots ar ecompared to air and vehicles?everything is design flavor...but i tihnk kbots are less usable in most ways...isnt that an all bad design?how making kbots less playable in so many cases makes for better gameplay?Im probably not seeing some hidden logic here so if someone can explain it please do.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

neddiedrow wrote:This is a matter of design decision. I personally considered moving amphibious construction to the Kbots factory a few times, however, I elected not to for flavor issues.
what do you mean considered? for what?
flop

Post by flop »

DZHIBRISH wrote:Guys,how come the t1 kbots dont have a unit that can build mexes underwater like the t1 vehicle.
Plus vehicles also can build on hills so that advatage is takes from kbots.
I say either make t1 vehicles's amphib bots be unable to climb hills and be just like regular con but to have the ability to build underwater or make a new unit for t1 kbots that can build underwater.
How about a freaker unit but for t1 kbots not only t2..and it needs to be able to go underwater 2.
What you say?
why dont kbots have flash tanks >:C
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Machiosabre wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:This is a matter of design decision. I personally considered moving amphibious construction to the Kbots factory a few times, however, I elected not to for flavor issues.
what do you mean considered? for what?
For my unreleased Balanced Annihilation revisions. It only takes Notepad and a few ideas, ye know. I decided that my efforts were better spent on original content, particularly when this game has a maintainer who keeps the lights on.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BTW, Caydr gave all units that traverse water high slope tolerances because many shores are very steep and regular land units would have trouble crossing them.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

at my request :D
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

KlavoHunter wrote:In any case, I also wanted to suggest a change of weapons on the Bantha - right now, it shoots generic blue crap at the enemy.

Why not give it a pair of (really large) lightning guns in the arms instead? Stylistically, it fits better with Arm, who has that as a signature weapon, alongside the EMG. It wouldn't change the unit in any balance-breaking way (Unless the supposed Lightning Gun bugs are REALLY that bad?), but it would improve the unit stylistically.
No love for this idea?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Klavo, its not really needed. But then, t3 isnt really needed.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Saktoth wrote:But then, t3 isnt really needed.
Indeed.
Day

Post by Day »

it is needed, otherwise noize would get depressed from not being able to "tek2krog".

Return to “Game Releases”