Balanced Annihilation V5.91 - Page 13

Balanced Annihilation V5.91

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

el_matarife wrote:Request: double the "reflective" power of plasma shields or in some other way redo them. My testing shows that a single shield can't reliably block shots from one Bertha, because the physics model tends to let the plasma shots hit pretty far inside its radius. Two shields will stop at least 21 Bethas shooting at them, but not for a very far radius forward of the shield generator. There's about enough space to safely build a wall in front of the shield generators before the area that's being hit by lucky plasma shots. I'm not sure a plasma shield should be guaranteed immunity from LRPC shots, but currently it is practically worthless against them since lucky shots from LRPCs can kill the shield generator itself if you don't have at least two.

Also, currently the Juggernaut is basically unkillable unless it does something dumb like get stuck on wreckage or let a commander sneak up and D-Gun it. Make its health 200K at most, and let the Sniper, Doomsday Machine, Annihilator, Skuttle, and a few other T3 counter units do extra damage to it just like they do to Krogs or Orcones.

Can you make LRPC shots not hit friendly planes?
tombom wrote:Fake commander doesn't have santa hat :(
This is worthy of a quick point patch since it really sucks for commander ends games right now. Seriously, please put together a quick point patch for this issue plus Juggernauts.
ok here comes your answer, remember to shout BINGO when you get them all just like you expected

no

no

no

no

no

no
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Actually, I think the fake commander needs the headgear.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

el_matarife wrote: Also, currently the Juggernaut is basically unkillable unless it does something dumb like get stuck on wreckage or let a commander sneak up and D-Gun it. Make its health 200K at most, and let the Sniper, Doomsday Machine, Annihilator, Skuttle, and a few other T3 counter units do extra damage to it just like they do to Krogs or Orcones.
Jugger is fine, i personally have killed 2 in a recent ds dry game with sniper spam, others died to berthas, liche spam and penetrators. Sure, their HP amount is huge, but they are slow like hell and also don't do too hefty damage for t3, i guess even regular bombers shouldn't have trouble hitting them. BTW since BB accuracy got buffed they are an excellent anti-t3 support.
Recently saw something strange about Pelican: One recently swam happily past my torpedo launchers and they weren't able to shoot at him (so basically, in the water it was behaving like a hover not a boat as i expected it to), is that a bug or a feature? Wouldn't be bad anyways because it would make them more useful...
lurker

Post by lurker »

el_matarife wrote: Also, currently the Juggernaut is basically unkillable unless it does something dumb like get stuck on wreckage or let a commander sneak up and D-Gun it. Make its health 200K at most, and let the Sniper, Doomsday Machine, Annihilator, Skuttle, and a few other T3 counter units do extra damage to it just like they do to Krogs or Orcones.
Jugger is fine, i personally have killed 2 in a recent ds dry game with sniper spam, others died to berthas, liche spam and penetrators. Sure, their HP amount is huge, but they are slow like hell and also don't do too hefty damage for t3, i guess even regular bombers shouldn't have trouble hitting them. BTW since BB accuracy got buffed they are an excellent anti-t3 support. Also, afaik they already are in the krog armor class so they should get the same amount of special damage from the same stuff as krogs...
Recently saw something strange about Pelican: One recently swam happily past my torpedo launchers and they weren't able to shoot at him (so basically, in the water it was behaving like a hover not a boat as i expected it to), is that a bug or a feature? Wouldn't be bad anyways because it would make them more useful...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I think Lurker just exposed Klopper as his alt.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Pxtl wrote:I think Lurker just exposed Klopper as his alt.
Hmm not really...Lurker quote error? o0
lurker

Post by lurker »

Pxtl wrote:I think Lurker just exposed Klopper as his alt.
Nope, just a mod that likes to edit threads so that posts make no sense whatsoever.
I've no idea who did it, but I'm watching you. :evil:

LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I thought it was a double post.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

lurker wrote:Recently saw something strange about Pelican: One recently swam happily past my torpedo launchers and they weren't able to shoot at him (so basically, in the water it was behaving like a hover not a boat as i expected it to), is that a bug or a feature? Wouldn't be bad anyways because it would make them more useful...
Pretty sure the pelican is supposed to be a hover. It really is the most versatile (if a bit weak) unit in the game - kbot walk ability, hover water ability, AA, ground attack, and reasonably fast too.

The gimp, however, is a walking sub with its own underwater torpedoes. The T3 Shiva has no water weapons, although it is really tall and I'm pretty sure on some maps it pokes out the top of the water. Perhaps we should let it fire its missiles while underwater, especially while poking out the top like that
lurker

Post by lurker »

YokoZar wrote:
lurker wrote:[Things I never wrote.]
:evil:
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

neddiedrow wrote:Also, does the Maverick still fail to leave a corpse?
Sorry for the late reply, but in fact it DOES leave a wreck.
[Krogoth86] wrote:Well I've got a new script - but not for the floating DTs... :wink:

The Arm Construction Hovercraft Nanotower-Platform moves too far up when it extends and so it hovers in the air and you can look right through the constructor. With this COB script it's fixed:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75186695/AR ... pt.7z.html
Thanks!
Thanks for reporting!
YokoZar wrote:I've found an annoying one:

Shiva need to stop auto targeting planes.

Last game I seriously had 3 out of 5 shiva die to 2 banshees because they kept shooting eachother while trying to hit them.
Thanks for reporting!
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

The Core behemoth could use a higher shooting angle, or at least some more height. It's current form is a bit frustrating - there are quite a few cases where just building a t1 guardian on the same spot would be more effective.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Speaking of defense heights, can you raise the "arms" on the Viper and Pitbull so they can fire over Fort Walls?

Also, it seems like every single unit can target and hit Krows and maybe some other air. It is pretty hilarious to watch Goliaths take shots and hit Krows. I think they only if there's nothing else around though if it matters. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if you didn't have to worry about the resulting unfortunate friendly fire incidents.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

A question about BA...
Why FPS mode is disabled for lot of mobile units? like stumpies, samsons, and who knows what else.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

I think you also should correct the Torpedo Seaplane armor class as they currently are under "VTOL" unlike "L2BOMBERS" like the ground based ones. That gives some unfair advantage as L2 fighters for example only deal 22-30% of what they should...
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

dizekat wrote:A question about BA...
Why FPS mode is disabled for lot of mobile units? like stumpies, samsons, and who knows what else.
I inteded to do that only for the cormexp but apparantly the gadget is bugged, someone fix that for me plx
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

el_matarife wrote:
This is worthy of a quick point patch since it really sucks for commander ends games right now. Seriously, please put together a quick point patch for this issue plus Juggernauts.
It's more an engine exploit, 'cause you would never expect to receive the real DefID for a decoy-unit (please note it is LuaUI and not LuaRules). So I also won't fix it in CA, ppl with svn access need to fix it.

RE: i checked, it does work for enemy units, so nvm. Duno if friendly decoy comms should have a santa hat. Atm you can differ them from real comms much easier.
Last edited by jK on 18 Dec 2007, 22:38, edited 2 times in total.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

[Krogoth86] wrote:I think you also should correct the Torpedo Seaplane armor class as they currently are under "VTOL" unlike "L2BOMBERS" like the ground based ones. That gives some unfair advantage as L2 fighters for example only deal 22-30% of what they should...
Thanks for reporting
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

jK wrote:RE: i checked, it does work for enemy units, so nvm. Duno if friendly decoy comms should have a santa hat. Atm you can differ them from real comms much easier.
This is a good point.

Maybe we should make this change permanent :)
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

YokoZar wrote: Maybe we should make this change permanent :)
Or even better, let's have the coms different outfits according to season...i'd vote for sunglasses, hawaii shirt, cowboy hat and cigar in summer...and ofc bunny ears during Easter time :lol:

Return to “Game Releases”