Balanced Annihilation V5.91 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation V5.91

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

so after i enabled ranges on my team defense after some time TAS freezed with 100% cpu

now everytime i start TAS it's locked on 100% cpu usage

f11 is non responding, weird is it affects now BA 5.8 too
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

LordMatt wrote: That's because patterns need electricity to stay alive. Clones are better!
You mean Arm clones are such die-hard kick-ass soldiers they can fight underwater without light, oxygene restoring systems and heating with a sub without electricity? Impressive :o
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Well the clones are smart enough to make subs that don't need external power from the rest of the army. They're also more environmentally friendly than the evil core energy wasting polluters. Didn't you know this already?
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

I heard NOiZE is trying to sell BA O_o;
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

LordMatt wrote:They're also more environmentally friendly than the evil core energy wasting polluters. Didn't you know this already?
Only fragile organic beings need the environment but they won't for long, just until we have them all patterned for their own safety 8)
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

This just in: Patterns can't get laid! :P
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Yes they can if their body machines are equipped with appropriate parts :lol:
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

What's the toggle for displaying JK's health bars? A few of us playing have managed to toggle it off and not managed to turn it back on.

EDIT: No wonder I can't turn it on, I found this in my info log
Failed to load: unit_healthbars.lua (Include() could not load 'LuaUI/Headers/billboard.lua') Is the health bars widget busted?
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Klopper wrote:Yes they can if their body machines are equipped with appropriate parts :lol:

Hence the core comm's skirt.

Sexy.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Sheekel wrote: Hence the core comm's skirt.

Sexy.
So? Never seen a robotic bald Scotsman before? :P
clumsy_culhane

Post by clumsy_culhane »

i cant believe BA just took a whole lot straight from CA, then didnt even implement them properly (old LUPS , old defence range...)
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Dude just be glad new stuff is implemented at all :roll:
I guess the new BA version just was ready before the updated stuff was available...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Careful with the minIntensity talk here, that WILL require a rebalancing. The tag was tested on Gundam, do you have any idea how much uber-rape beamlasers were with that? They are balanced for the current stupid behaviour, minIntensity is a huge damage buff at normal combat distances.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I still got my fingers crossed for Caydr's return.

Flame all you want, but AA was an awesome fun game even with its imperfections.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

clumsy_culhane wrote:i cant believe BA just took a whole lot straight from CA, then didnt even implement them properly (old LUPS , old defence range...)
Its lua, if you dont want it turn it off.
lurker

Post by lurker »

flop wrote:I AM VERY OFFENDED BY THE LATEST VERSION OF BA AS I DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS
Santa_Claus is offended by Christmas icons?
neddiedrow wrote:I simply feel that this takes the automation of intelligence gathering beyond an acceptable level, similar to the level of interference generated by a GroupAI that micromanages your Rocko or the widget that makes your Nanoturrets reclaim enemy units that come into range automatically.
Out of curiosity, would you be upset with a widget that turned attack orders issued to cons into reclaim orders?
Edit: Wait conbots don't have an attack command at all? Since when?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

neddiedrow wrote:The manual process actually requires attention, effort, and time. Things which help distinguish a skilled player from an unskilled player. The use of the widget for this as for CA seems tantamount to promoting laziness.
Why don't we take this reasoning to its logical conclusion and:
  • Remove the range arcs entirely (helps skilled players who learn the ranges by heart)
  • Eliminate the repeat button and queuing features (helps skilled players who can better manage their factories)
  • Eliminate the patrol feature (rewards skilled players who can better monitor their units and respond to attacks)
All of this is, of course, stupid. People want to play a game, not an interface. I shouldn't be able to win because I can better control the interface - I should win because I have better thoughts about tactics and strategy.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Why don't we take the opposite reasoning to its 'logical conclusion'. It's too hard and pointless to make people pick which units they want, it should all be done automatically. Same for all army controls; micro is pointless. Why should I have to press a bunch of buttons and click things to play?

See, strawman arguements are pointless and only make you look foolish.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

lurker wrote:Why don't we take the opposite reasoning to its 'logical conclusion'. It's too hard and pointless to make people pick which units they want, it should all be done automatically. Same for all army controls; micro is pointless. Why should I have to press a bunch of buttons and click things to play?

See, strawman arguements are pointless and only make you look foolish.
this is ba. you dont need to pick units, its all aboot the flash/gator spaem ^__^
clumsy_culhane

Post by clumsy_culhane »

Saktoth wrote:
clumsy_culhane wrote:i cant believe BA just took a whole lot straight from CA, then didnt even implement them properly (old LUPS , old defence range...)
Its lua, if you dont want it turn it off.
i dont even play BA all that much, so it doesnt really effect me..

Return to “Game Releases”