Fibre v13 - Page 5

Fibre v13

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

REVENGE

Re: Fibre v5

Post by REVENGE »

KDR_11k wrote:Beacons can't be assigned to a group?
Actually, I haven't tried it yet... :oops:
AF
AI Developer

Re: Fibre v5

Post by AF »

Screenshots!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: Fibre v6

Post by KDR_11k »

http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/3956/Fibre_v6/

This time with moar right clicking.
ILMTitan
Spring Developer

Post by ILMTitan »

Hurray for right clicking!
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Right clicking doesn't always work for me and it never works with transmitters. Also the factory-beacon line seems to be on it's side and can't be seen far away or top down.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

All lines are drawn vertically since then I don't need to compute any dot products. Rightclicking won't work if multiple unit types are selected, your selection has to be made up completely of the type of thing you want to order around.
HeavyLancer

Post by HeavyLancer »

Well, this is a great mod. I think that all of the problems I have with it have already been mentioned. It needs more sound effects, especially weapon noises.
It needs a hotkey or a LUA factory gadget for the citadel to select it. I like the idea of a BA/CA style factory select for it.
And finally, it would be good if it could disable the metal/energy bar at the top of the screen, as it is unnecessary. Is this do-able with LUA or mod settings?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BTW, there's a bug in the code that lets you use rightclick, it'll prevent rightclicks with more than one unit selected currently, not one unittype. Will be fixed in the next version.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Still no screenshots?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I tried to self destruct a spam factory and spring crashed.
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

KDR.
Are you going to change the transmittors system?on bigger maps its impossible to control it all..when you have 20-30 nodes...
Plus maybe make building have a transportation option that takes some time and costs money instead of haveing to build a special building and than giving it a command to transport a building.
Maybe make idle nodes give their energy outomaticly?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

think

before

you

post.

automatic transmission of charge would defeat the point, it would simply become a game of "who has got moar nodes."

you dont really have any units to micro in Fibre, so its not like "because i was managing my transmitters, i lost cus some flashes tore up my citadel"

again this is a case of you trying to force BA gameplay ideas onto every mod DZHI.
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

What?????
Have you ever actually played fibre?
I dont try to force anything.
Even on 8x8 maps when you play 2v2 transmittors cant be managed.
YOu just lose cause you dont have time to spam buildings and givig your 15 plants orders.
YOu have no idea what you are talking about.
Try playing versus me on a 8x8 map and manag your transmitters.
You will lose for sure.
It is already about who controls more nodes.Of course it is.
FACT:you cant manage tranmitters and win against someone who doesnt do that so they either need to just dissapear and idle nodes that have no plant and are not building anything should outomaticlly trasfer their energy to nodes that are building units or other things.
Fact:unit plants have smal movement radiuses.
You have a cool system in fibre,your node has to be connected to the chain of nodes starting from your HQ.
This system opens up strategic possibilities of breaking a link in your enemy's chain to disconnect more than one node.
ATM it can hardly be done since units have very low movement ranges.And shifting your units to other locations on maps is very hard and frustraing. ...there should be an order to just move a building to another place.It should take time and resource but it should be a single order to a selected plant.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

1. More unit range won't allow more link breaking than before since the greater hurdle to attacking the back of the enemy base is the defenses in between, to attack the back you pretty much have to steamroll the front.
2. More unit range = more nodes in range to send units to the frontlines = more units in play = more steamrolling.

Setting up large lines of transmitters is not beneficial anyway because of the 2:1 ratio, every hop causes an exponential increase in loss. I wouldn't go more than 1-2 hops with those things, they're intended to be used for power-hungry buildings (e.g. a bomber factory), not to make your whole territory produce energy for your frontline.

As for the howler nerf that appeared necessary this morning, I'll give them less range for movement and make the burst take longer to unload so they stay in the range of defenses (or tanks) more. Also I'll reduce the damage slightly so they need three attack runs to destroy a node, not two.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: Fibre v7

Post by KDR_11k »

http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/3968/Fibre_v7/

This time with node glow, drawlists for some of the rendering and what I hope is better balancing for bombers and howlers (there's no way I can prevent those entirely from just raiding nodes that are under construction, a cripple in a wheelchair could raid an unbuilt node but now it should be more feasible to use tanks to shoot howlers down).

Oh and there's now a 50E cost for placing buildings, taken from your citadel. The placement is delayed if you can't pay yet.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Still no screenshots, maybe I should drop heavier hints
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Image Image

Happy now?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

yay
Gota

Post by Gota »

Hello,this is my first post :).
I played your mod but i think it might need some change.
When you have a lot of plants its very hard to transport them all effeciently and use your resources to the maximum potential.
Perhaps reduce unit numbers?your system makes players spam units.
Why not allow units to move like in ota mods(yes i understand you want to make something different but i dont think it will hurt your original idea too much),allow them to be picked up and moved anywhere.
Another idea of mine is maybe make plants buildeble using a few nodes.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

You sound a damn lot like a Yan smurf.

Return to “Game Releases”