Loads of New Loadscreens Added
Light Fusions moved to tech 2
Light fusions costs decreased by 40%
Advanced Metal Extractors removed due to interference with mex upgrading
Super Commanders and Generals removed from Factories
Tech 1 commanders now can morph into tech 2 commanders
Tech 2 commanders now can morph into tech 3 commanders
other Morphing is available to certain structures
Mexes, solars, winds into their respective advancements, llts into hllt/beamer, hlts into gauss/viper
Hawk and Vamp now have their stealth back
Stealth option is now available to units who have them
Cloaker is also available to units that can cloak

Special thanks to Trepan and Aegis for helping with lua aswell as assistance on screenshots for loading pics to soul_stealer

[Do not bitch in this topic or that thread spam]
Last edited by Complicated on 15 Oct 2007, 10:38, edited 4 times in total.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

This Version has been patched 0.61
Redownload it from unknown-files
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

From what I heard from a number of people, including sef who told me this that more people are giving it thumbs up than thumbs down, and apparently the thumb downers are the pack of wolves on this forum who clearly lack a life
Now before they claim I lack having a life, I work on this mod on an Unoccasional bases and I really ever do it in the evening or early morning when I can't sleep :/
Now as far as I see it, they're keeping these threads on the top page by bitching about it, all I'm doing is defending my own mod.
It's pretty pathetic and reminds me of an old IMRPG forum I used to go on where people litterally flamed and acted really immaturely.
I wish the mods could pay a lil bit more attention and stay neutral and retain order on the forums and talk in a professional way like they should.

Once again Don't bitch on my threads, stick to the topic, give your comments and keep them clean. No more crap like "WTF is the point in that changelog" or "Lets drive him from the community" Learn to communicate properly and stop driving a really well worked engine into a flame factory.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Complicated wrote:No more crap like "WTF is the point in that changelog"
ok. i would like a detailed document explaining exactly what can morph, and into what, and updates in the future if things change. i ask for this because your changelog was unclear, with a line simply stating 'stuff can morph, play to find out moar.'
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

doing 0.6 took me all night mostly on the lua scripting
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BA changes are few and small because they're done when necessary, not to give people the fun of rediscovering the mod every version.

A changelog is documentation, documentation should be as complete as possible to be useful. Just writing "some stuff can morph" means the player either has to try a sandbox match to figure out what changed or go into a match unprepared and possibly surprised by the new options. Changelogs exist exactly to tell people what changed so they can respond to the changes. You should also give numbers for changes, "increased" can mean anything from 10% to Jugg HP.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

KDR_11k wrote:BA changes are few and small because they're done when necessary, not to give people the fun of rediscovering the mod every version.

A changelog is documentation, documentation should be as complete as possible to be useful. Just writing "some stuff can morph" means the player either has to try a sandbox match to figure out what changed or go into a match unprepared and possibly surprised by the new options. Changelogs exist exactly to tell people what changed so they can respond to the changes. You should also give numbers for changes, "increased" can mean anything from 10% to Jugg HP.
You can't be prepared for war :/
smoth

Post by smoth »

Complicated wrote:for an amatuer modder who doesn't know how to script yet cause he can't find a working cobble or uncobble and also doesn't texture which he doesn't plan on doing until the final release along with an all out balancing
Here you are just showing off..
so are you. Look at the link I posted. Changelogs+release posts exist to detail to people what you have changed, why they should care about it in the first place and what information they need to know.

Yeah, you had to bumble around in a few programs and hack together your first mod. Have a cookie but don't expect people to throw roses at your feet. You can tell us that you are learning and proud of it but to dismiss the work of others because you were having difficulty in your early work is not right man.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Complicated wrote:for an amatuer modder who doesn't know how to script yet cause he can't find a working cobble or uncobble and also doesn't texture which he doesn't plan on doing until the final release along with an all out balancing
Here you are just showing off..
http://www.unknown-files.net/3128/Scriptor_v1RC1/

gogogogo download for all scripting stuff.

you think that when the time comes you will just suddenly and magically be able to texture like a pro?

start now, make crappy textures, discard hundreds of model ideas. tweaking stats and adding some lua stuff doesnt actually really mean anything. especially not when 90% of the work was already done for you (unit scripts, models, base balance, textures, ceg effects)
smoth

Post by smoth »

Complicated wrote:I rather keep my posts my way instead of copying other people, also that is wayyy too corny :S
I am not saying copy me, it is an example. 1+1=2 does not mean that by doing 3+5-1+2=9 is copying. I am saying look at it. See how I detail new features and tell people why they exist and why they should care. There are tons of TA-based junk on this site. What makes me want to try yours? A lite feature list does not make me want to look. Pictures would help sure, and heck some details about what the new features are supposed to mean to me, the player would be nice.

What morphs and why would have also been nice.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

They look pretty released to me.
smoth

Post by smoth »

And? that doesn't mean you shouldn't detail everything anyway. All current gundam releases are just "prereleases" to let people play with stuff while I work on reaching 2.0 which is a whole 'nother game. I still bother with balance and making it fun. I still explain what I am doing and why they should care.

if this is just a minor test release, just make 1 thread call it EA test thread and let it go from there. Make one post detailing what you are going for and say what you currently have. There is no reason that you should not tell us why we want to try this thing.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

How about me giving them a full documentation on the mod, including helpful tips, some simple strategies and a quickstart to the mod?

Which I plan releasing with the mod on it's First Full Version release

I upload these version for people to try and not get into, but that's their choice, when Version 1 comes out, then we'll have everything compiled in, set and balanced. Some things won't be in there afterwords, I'm evaluating what people think of the units, not all these units that are implimented are my own recommendations, I ask around for other people.
Last edited by Complicated on 15 Oct 2007, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Complicated wrote:How about me giving them a full documentation on the mod including helpful tips, some simple strategies
http://cs.selu.edu/~ssmith/GUNDAM/unitguide.html
Complicated wrote: and a quickstart to the mod?
http://cs.selu.edu/~ssmith/GUNDAM/howto.html

Not a lot of work and easy to update. You could even have an about page detailing what it is.

Complicated wrote:Which I plan releasing with the mod on it's First Full Version release
Epic Annihilation v0.61 Released // Lua Updates not PRE-RELEASE, says clearly release.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Now, back on topic of this release before you sidetrack the thread into a pointless debate about how what you find objectionable talk is spam in your mind. I have had uglier posts then people giving release(HAR HAR) tips.

Now, as I was saying. You need to make a thread(that dev thread doesn't count) Have headers and detail what the hell it is you are doing past changing a few stats and a tweaking some things. Tell us what is the basic concept of this thing? What makes it different from one of the many stat and tweak ta mods? What makes this thing more then a glorified mutator? You have not told us anything about your little project outside of the fact that is is a modification with some stats changes.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

do me a huge favour, help me with texturing and scripting or get someone to do it, I just can't texture for shit, and scripting will just ultimately piss me off and considering I know nothing about it and won't have time to fully understand it, I'd prefer someone could help me do it.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Mod = modification.

Tis a modification.

= mod.

OR

We define mod as 'module' for spring.

IE content.

It is a content module.

= mod.

GO COMPLICATED WE LOVE YOU JUST DO YOUR THING. You might want to avoid posting about your thing on the forum though, because seriously, the harpies will just descend.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

No, he doesn't. Complicated, I await your next changes eagerly, but for now, this is thy thread.

Return to “Game Releases”