Balanced Annihilation V5.8

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Balanced Annihilation V5.8

Post by NOiZE »

changelog wrote:5.71 --> 5.8

Light mines really don't do impulse anymore.
Reverted Gater Hitsphere
Transportships can no longer load enemy units.
Juno Weapon will no longer kill fusions on maps like SpeedBall and Cow.
Reduced Tremor costs (20%)
Increased Reaper DPS (15%)
Increased Reaper Weapon velocity
Increased Goliath DPS (30%)
Reduced Goliath max speed (20%)
Reduced Goliath Turning speed (30%)
Increased metal worth of Gol Corpse
Increased Goliath HP (16%)
Reduced Penetrator DPS (10%)
Reduced Bulldog DPS (10%)
Increased Panther DPS (35%)
Decreased FHLT range
Increased Bertha/Intimidator accuracy
Reduced Catalyst costs
Reduced Catalyst Range
Reduced Catalyst missle Costs and Buildtime
Increased Destoyers Range
Increased Missle Hover range
Increased Aircraft Carrier Ships worker time, to match repair pads.
Changed Maverick's description to Skirmish Kbot

Have Fun!
Peace

Re: Balanced Annihilation V5.8

Post by Peace »

NOiZE wrote:5.71 --> 5.8

Transportships can no longer load enemy units.
¨

The end of commnapping? :(
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Transport SHIPS.

Not TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT.

:p.
Peace

Post by Peace »

I can't read :p
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

At least you didn't buff the Banisher or the Sumo.

No idea why you buffed the BB/Intim, nerfed the Bulldog, or reduced the Tremor costs by a flat percentage.

I'll elaborate on this later...
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Returning BB accuracy to a reasonable amount is something AA/BA has long needed. The units are a waste of metal if they can't actually hit particular targets some of the time.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Except they can, when you force fire them, which is how you should use absurdly high range weapons like that.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

I see 2 potential problems:
300 accurity on bb/tiimy
uber rapier

But let me try it out first :)
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Reverted Gater Hitsphere
Another version making arm stronger, and core even harder to use...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Noruas, Core is superior in all tech trees at T2.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Noruas wrote:
Reverted Gater Hitsphere
Another version making arm stronger, and core even harder to use...
ANOTHER FINE EXAMPLE OF A RETARD WITH A NEED TO SHOW UP HIS WISDOM ABOUT THINGS HE DOES NOT KNOW
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

neddiedrow wrote:At least you didn't buff the Banisher or the Sumo.

No idea why you buffed the BB/Intim, nerfed the Bulldog, or reduced the Tremor costs by a flat percentage.
Well I think it was about time that Core finally gets back good T2 tanks / Arm gets more reasonable T2 tank power. Well let's face it: The Bulldog had even more dps than a Goliath (what is twice as much as the reaper did) for about half the metal while having only 2000 HPs less and much more speed. Arm also had his 500 dps Penetrator monster for only 1130 metal...

That way it was time that Arm's tanks get downgraded a bit while Core's tanks (finally) get upgraded. Though I still have to test if the less agile Goliath is worth its new damage and health...

I also don't know why you think the Banisher is so strong. It costs about the same as a Penetrator while only having 133 dps and less range - even with the decreased Penetrator dps the Banisher is a lot inferior. To be fair the Tremor somewhat is the Penetrator counterpart. In the last versions the Tremor was way too expensive as its costs were about that of two penetrators. That was just too much even if it's a great siege unit but to be true that's the only thing you can use it for and with shields it might even work for just a short time. So I think it's good to make it cheaper...
neddiedrow wrote:Noruas, Core is superior in all tech trees at T2.
That's why I have to say that I don't think this is so (just the other way round). Maybe you also look in HERE for an argumentation...

It's true that the Sumo is cool (though I think he's OP) and the Juggernaut too (which is very OP imo) - but especially with tanks Core just sucked compared to Arm. Maybe that has changed now with 5.8...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

How many times do I have to say this? The Banisher deals 1k damage per shot (5 against Submarines), hits Air with 95% accuracy, has a higher AOE and a Slope Tolerance of 20, comparable to the Commander.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The banisher used to suck hardcore, in the more recent versions though it's become an effective anti T1, a decent support unit vs air, and a reasonable T2 stopper. I'm not sure if I ultimately agree it's better than the penetrator, but it certainly isn't a useless unit any more when used correctly.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I never seen a player make it past tech 1. EVER

Besides pro knows that you go tech 2 to make more tech 1.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Noruas wrote:
I never seen a player make it past tech 1. EVER

Besides pro knows that you go tech 2 to make more tech 1.
Sounds like you have been playing a lot of BA lately and know the game very intricately. Would you like to take over development of BA?
neddiedrow wrote: Except they can, when you force fire them, which is how you should use absurdly high range weapons like that.
Previous BBs accuracy would hit dead on 1 out of 30 shots (with LOS) which is absurd. These average about 1 out of 5, which means they are actually effective at taking out specific targets. You can, of course, still bomb them, spend your comparable amount of metal on offensive units and attack the other dude, or make your own. BB wars were a fun aspect of OTA gameplay that spring has lacked up until this point.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

neddiedrow wrote:How many times do I have to say this? The Banisher deals 1k damage per shot (5 against Submarines), hits Air with 95% accuracy, has a higher AOE and a Slope Tolerance of 20, comparable to the Commander.
True but this also means that all your 6 Banishers will fire on the first of your 20 Brawlers and then will be helpless for seconds. It of course isn't a bad unit but in Anti-Ground-Combat the Penetrator is way more useful and Flakkers also are the better AA. I now also could say hey - just build 4-5 Janus for the price of a Banisher - they do 600 damage per shot... :wink:

Well as said the Banisher is a good unit but it's far from OP imo...
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Sounds like you have been playing a lot of BA lately and know the game very intricately. Would you like to take over development of BA?
[7:43:21 PM] <LordMatt> Are you sure about this?
[7:44:32 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> Sure
[7:44:48 PM] <LordMatt> Then you make BA v5.9
[7:45:12 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> Sure
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

NOiZE is Core fanboy ;_;
[Krogoth86] wrote:I also don't know why you think the Banisher is so strong. It costs about the same as a Penetrator while only having 133 dps and less range - even with the decreased Penetrator dps the Banisher is a lot inferior.
lolwut

Penetrator has effectively zero AOE, turns its chassis and turret with the speed of a dead snail, can't shoot air, is slower, gives pain to nearby units when it dies, and costs more to boot. Banisher can actually hit stuff when moving wtf ~~

Also golly had twice the AOE and 40% more range than bully, everyone seems to forget that ~~
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

KingRaptor wrote:NOiZE is Core fanboy ;_;
Yeah he always tells me "its just a little change" "its no big deal" whenever he makes random nerfs to arm units and buffs to core ones, but I know it's something more sinister than that. It must be... :shock:

Return to “Game Releases”