Fun:TA Finished Released! - Page 3

Fun:TA Finished Released!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

tombom wrote:
Pressure Line wrote:
HotNitler wrote:all these replies and not a single user-friendly link to the mod. pffft. all of you. pffft.
Jeremy Clarkson summed your post up best when he said "the last time someone was as wrong as you, was when a politician stepped
off an aeroplane in 1939 waving a piece of paper in the air saying there
will be no war with Germany"

try the link to Unknown Files in the first post.
There are several problems with this post:
1) You quoted Jeremy Clarkson.
2) The link to Unknown Files in the first post doesn't work, because Unknown Files proper is down, thus making your attempt at humor worthless.

Join #funta in the lobby for the latest version.
Unknown Files being somewhat broken is neither mine nor Forbs fault (or realistically our problem). and if Mr Nitler is unaware of the fact that this is so, also not our fault or problem. there is a working link as the topic in #main.

**people being too stupid/ignorant to use the internet properly is NOT the problem of content devs**
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Hey PL, I think nitler was being facetious. I may be wrong ... :lol:
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

LOL, I figured out the problem. I was testing originally with .45 then d/l'ed .59 and NOTA on the same evening. Well, out of laziness I dropped the NOTA file in the spring folder. I couldn't figure out why your .59 version would use NOTA's commanders rather than the way you had them in .45, but now I know! I didn't know spring did that with mods in the root of the spring installation.

Infolog.txt reports a few little things to fix:

Inconsistant move data ground 8 Tracker TANKHOVER3
Unknown texture 00
Junk in weapons/weapons.tdf :{
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

MadRat wrote:LOL, I figured out the problem. I was testing originally with .45 then d/l'ed .59 and NOTA on the same evening. Well, out of laziness I dropped the NOTA file in the spring folder. I couldn't figure out why your .59 version would use NOTA's commanders rather than the way you had them in .45, but now I know! I didn't know spring did that with mods in the root of the spring installation.

Infolog.txt reports a few little things to fix:

Inconsistant move data ground 8 Tracker TANKHOVER3
Unknown texture 00
:P

It's all being fixed. As I stated before there will be one more release of funta as it is now and the release after that will be an entirely new mod that is the next step in funta's evolution. I will most likely be renaming it but we'll see. I knew about the random junk that was left over, but I decided not to fix it because it wasn't gamebreaking, and all of that stuff is getting replaced anyway.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

I have to admit the NOTA commanders, being fixed bases, is kind of cool. How about one-side, begin with the doomsday device, from there you choose a one-time option to build a commander? Once a commander is chosen then the doomsday device no longer can build anything. That would allow you to technically choose your side in game. Competition would become more paper, scissors, rock due to the unknown of which race the other players will choose.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

MadRat wrote:I have to admit the NOTA commanders, being fixed bases, is kind of cool. How about one-side, begin with the doomsday device, from there you choose a one-time option to build a commander? Once a commander is chosen then the doomsday device no longer can build anything. That would allow you to technically choose your side in game. Competition would become more paper, scissors, rock due to the unknown of which race the other players will choose.
Hey I like that idea :P I may just do that, we'll see :P
Engine Of Darkness

Post by Engine Of Darkness »

Link error... I only found v 30 and base at unknown files :(
clumsy_culhane

Post by clumsy_culhane »

Engine Of Darkness wrote:Link error... I only found v 30 and base at unknown files :(
here is the latest (from #funta) http://forbodingangel.zjt3.com/FunTA-v60.sd7

have fun with it
Engine Of Darkness

Thank you very much.
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Engine Of Darkness wrote:Thank you very much.
I'm sorry but I'm grumpy.
Engine Of Darkness

Thanks, yours isn't that much better either :P . Oh yeah and actually my name relates to the most powerful entitys in the universe, black holes :roll:.

I won't really write down the history of my nickname here.

Oh and by the way, unless most other internet people, I don't change my name (I have like 2 different Nicknames on the net).
By the way: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg ;)

Anyway , back to topic:

Pretty nice mod, did make fun for sure, however are you planning to update the version further (with some other units and stuff)?.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Don't mind Spiked, he's just grumpy because he's ill. :P
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Engine Of Darkness wrote:Thanks, yours isn't that much better either :P . Oh yeah and actually my name relates to the most powerful entitys in the universe, black holes :roll:.

I won't really write down the history of my nickname here.

Oh and by the way, unless most other internet people, I don't change my name (I have like 2 different Nicknames on the net).
By the way: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg ;)

Anyway , back to topic:

Pretty nice mod, did make fun for sure, however are you planning to update the version further (with some other units and stuff)?.
Actually, it is in th process of being converted to totally original content, so once I release a new version, the will be quite a few "Easter Eggs".

As far as new units go, my new game design plan allows for nearly limitless unit expansion.

I suppose I can go ahead and spill a few beans... The new setup will be in this fashion.

You will have a regular factory that produces all of your bread and butter units. Light, medium, heavy, scout etc. There will probably be about 5 units in this factory.

From there it gets quite a bit more interesting. The only other factory you have access to is the specialty units factory. There is no T1 or T2. It is all contained upon 1 level. Specialty units are going to be the ones that have niche uses (for example, the penetrator in OTA). They will not necessarily armored differently from thier counterparts. Obviously if a specialty unit happened to be a very heavy assualt tank, it would serve the purpose for which it was designed, but just because it is a specialty unit, that doesn't mean that it will have more hitpoints or even more firepower, it simply means that there is a niche that this unit fills.

It goes to an infinitely deeper concept than just that, but it can give you an idea of how the concept works.

Each factory will have a seperate builder, 1 regular builder, 1 specialty builder. THe same thing applies to structures. Just because a building has an annihilator looking gun on it and dishes out a lot of pwn, doesn't necessarily mean that it has OMGWTFBBQ massive hitpoints. It simply is there to serve a purpose that is not covered by anything else.

Gameplay will be streamlined to perfection (or as near as humanly possible) and once again, morphing will play a very large role in the game, however, it is very likely that morphing will give you an upgraded version of the unit you currently have, generally in the form of heavier weaponry and in some cases, heavier chassies.

However, I've gone far beyond what I originally intended to divulge. :P
CautionToTheWind

Post by CautionToTheWind »

You should have done this long ago.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

CautionToTheWind wrote:You should have done this long ago.
Well, I had to learn to model and texture said models first.

I still can't script to save my ass, but thankfully, peet has offered his help in that area. I'm wondering if I can complete both sides before the organization tourney. I doubt it, but I'mma try nonetheless. I'm getting my new laptop next week, so I can do stuff while I'm on lunch break.

Maybe my fiance will go out of town or something and leave me with alexander (my kid - Actually, on a side note, she was scanning in photos and I have no idea how, but one of the pictures of Alexander ended up in the bitmaps folder of funta. I had no idea until about 2 or 3 months later lol.). That would be great, can I could easily get things done quickly.

Meh, here's hoping.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Maybe my fiance will go out of town or something and leave me with alexander
Uh... is she gonna leave you?

PS: I found that pic too, just forgot to tell you about it in the end... was in one of the texture directories.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I wasn't being serious :lol:

In other words I need some serious time to myself to be able to do stuff really quick.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Awww, women, can't live with them, can't **ck without 'em.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

MadRat wrote:Awww, women, can't live with them, can't **ck without 'em.
Well in all technicality, you could, only the result of said **cking may or may not be contributory to your particular orientation and/or moral beliefs. :P
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

That be true, God knows I like to keep it within the species.

Back to the OT, did you say your entire mod will use all new models/scripts?

Return to “Game Releases”