Balanced Annihilation 5.61 is out! - Page 5

Balanced Annihilation 5.61 is out!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

While I'm on the subject of luaui scripts - Quantum's gui_centre_n_select.lua script shouldn't execute for specs IMO. I find it very annoying having my camera moved at the start of every game I spectate.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

The comment states that the energy use has dropped to zero but in fact it only has to drop below the units UpKeep value.

The script needs to ignore any warnings when a unit is powering up.
With a wind economy or with LLT's firing, or even with units and buildings with varying e-costs being created, there is every chance that you will stall even just briefly. This is not a great problem as losing radar for a moment or two isnt that great an inconvenience- except that it will wipe out all your collected radar data- IE, the positions of enemy buildings and of the enemy com, etc. A real nuisance.

However, i tend to find that your radar will often turn off even when you have plenty of e in storage, though generally only when your expenditure exceeds your income.

I would suggest that this be changed so that your radar only turns off when the energy use is 0, that is, you are stalling very hard- though the truth is, all radar units produce the same amount of energy as they take to run, so there is no reason why they should -ever- turn off, other than if you need to power your llt's or something from the power of the turned off radar (Which, in the larger scheme of things, isnt a huge amount).

While i think its reasonable to have jammers turn off when you stall, having radars turn off every time your e use exceeds your e production is a damn nuisance. :(
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

I will remove that lua script in the next vsn of BA
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

noooooo

Fix it so it doesn't launch for specs, but don't remove it.
ooor do you have radar stuff on mind?
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

the radar stuff is going bye bye

the center on start is gonna stay
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

hmm, fix the sonars too, they are off for some reason when i build them.
TechnoTone

Post by TechnoTone »

NOiZE wrote:the center on start is gonna stay
I don't mind it when I'm a player but can you not fix it so that it doesn't work for specs? I have extracted the script and altered it to do just that for my install.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

Bad news - http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11821 you got a job to do for every unit, so your mod is bug free!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Not every unit, just every 3do that hasn't had its flare pieces replaced with a blank one.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Pendrokar wrote:Bad news - http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11821 you got a job to do for every unit, so your mod is bug free!
boo-hoo
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Protip : Cows are lazy.

Translation : NOE GFX CHANGES / FIXES :O.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Foxomaniac wrote:Protip : Cows are lazy.

Translation : NOE GFX CHANGES / FIXES :O.
not entirely true ~_~
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Pendrokar wrote:Bad news - http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11821 you got a job to do for every unit, so your mod is bug free!
How can i @ least list all the units who have this?
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

NOiZE wrote:
How can i @ least list all the units who have this?
http://modinfo.unknown-files.net/modit/ ... &MOD=ba561

Don't know if this can help!
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

use the selectionbuttons widget, .giveall, select each row of units and get scribblin.
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

First time BA, some simple questions (not only BA related, but I thought this was a good time to ask away :-):

1. Why does BA use this flickering laser instead of the normal nice and powerful looking Spring laser (e.g. LLT, HLT)?
2. Targeting Facility:
a. How much do the Targeting Facilities increase radar targeting?
b. Where can I look up the value?
c. What does it do: make the radar dots not bounce so much or make the stationary units hit the dots more accurate?
d. Are the mobile units also affected by the targeting facility?
e. Are there different values in Spring and BA?
4. What does the Tracer do? (Intrusion Countermeasure?)
5. Can you somehow protect vs. a EMP Stunner/Neutron Nuke in original Spring? Or just vs. Retaliator/Silencer (by Protectors)? What about protection for those atomic T2 bombers?
6. What the heck does SVN mean?
7. How can I draw something/set a marker/write some text in original Spring?

Thanks so far :-)
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

1. Why does BA use this flickering laser instead of the normal nice and powerful looking Spring laser (e.g. LLT, HLT)?
I assume you mean 'XTA laser' or 'OTA laser' not 'Spring laser'. BA uses instant-hit beamlasers. Leftover from a caydr thing, just 'always been that way'.
2. Targeting Facility:
http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11846
c. What does it do: make the radar dots not bounce so much or make the stationary units hit the dots more accurate?
Makes the dots waver less (They will always hit the dots with regular accuracy as if it was in LoS).
d. Are the mobile units also affected by the targeting facility?
Yes, mobile units also have radar blob waver.
What is 'Spring'? What 'Values'? Spring is the engine BA, XTA, KP etc runs on.
4. What does the Tracer do? (Intrusion Countermeasure?)
Detects cloaked units (poorly, crap range).
5. Can you somehow protect vs. a EMP Stunner/Neutron Nuke in original Spring? Or just vs. Retaliator/Silencer (by Protectors)? What about protection for those atomic T2 bombers?
The only protection against the stunner/nuetron nuke is to kill it- but the EMP only stuns and the neutron nuke has crappy damage/range. The protection against bombers is, as it has always been, Anti-Air weapons (Esp fighters).
6. What the heck does SVN mean?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_%28software%29
A development tool.
You really need to clarify what you mean by 'original spring'. Original Total Annihilation? XTA? What? In spring, on a default keyboard, its ~ (Next to the 1).
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

Didn't find the answer there, nor in the links provided in the thead. How much does the Targeting Facility increase the accuracy value?
What is 'Spring'? What 'Values'? Spring is the engine BA, XTA, KP etc runs on.
With 'Spring' I mean XTA, since its delivered with the downloader. With values I mean: the accuracy increase the Targeting Fac. provides.
You really need to clarify what you mean by 'original spring'. Original Total Annihilation? XTA? What? In spring, on a default keyboard, its ~ (Next to the 1).
Ok I can draw now, but how can I write using a font? Or are just spectators able to do that? I have seen this in a replay.

Thanks Saktoth for the answers, been brief and into the point as I prefer them. :-)
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

SwiftSpear wrote:It's easy to do some damage to the shield gen... it's hard to acctually hit the gen body for the necessary 1-2 shot kill that will outpace a healing nanobackup.
So a shield should look like this?

stilicho

Post by stilicho »

Linebacker wrote: Ok I can draw now, but how can I write using a font? Or are just spectators able to do that? I have seen this in a replay.
holding down ~ while pressing the left mouse button will draw lines
hold down ~ and double left click to mark a point and type out a label for it
hold down ~ and middle click to simply mark a point

Return to “Game Releases”