Balanced Annihilation 5.61 is out! - Page 2

Balanced Annihilation 5.61 is out!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Dragon's Eyes are no longer amphib because...
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

because when they're built, they are on the bottom surface, and most ships/subs, whatever, never runs into them to be detected, so they become a permanent part of the sea.

If they floated at the surface like they easily could be setup to do, it would be less a problem.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

They have the 'stealth' tag, which makes them invisible to both Sonar and Radar.

This is fine for radar, due to decloak radius, but since sonar is the -only- way of detecting stuff underwater, it means spies and cameras are 100% totally invisible undetectable by any means whatsoever.

Which means you can plonk a camera in the sea and GG, the game will never end.

Worse, the spy has a emp self-d. With that, you can take out enemy subs, ships, defenses, etc and just pwn him- and there is no way to counter it.

If they were made to float it'd be okay but that'd probably look pretty stupid. Another solution would be to give them a radar jammer radius, like the minelayer has, but then they could provide jamming for other things too (IE, stick a camera next to all your llt's and they are radar-invisible).
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

MR.D wrote:Now that Vulcans are even stronger, how about making shields worth a shit?

Even standard bertha shots penetrate shields with ease, how are we to expect that an even higher velocity shot is going to be deflected?
vulcan uses the same weapontype as berthas do, the only difference is that vulcan spits those yellow balls faster

Saktoth; If you want to do floating spies and eyes, its ok. but for now this is the best and easiest to do choice.

what are people's impressions of the t2 lab now? is it too cheap, or still too expensive or "lol u nub spaem gater in 1v1" ?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Saktoth; If you want to do floating spies and eyes, its ok. but for now this is the best and easiest to do choice.
Mmm i know im the one who brought this to noize's attention. One.. um, slight problem though. The spy is still in the amphib fac. Which means you can build it and it cant move out of the fac since it aint amphib (happened to det).
CautionToTheWind

Post by CautionToTheWind »

Thanks for the EMP camera shake fix.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Saktoth wrote:
Mmm i know im the one who brought this to noize's attention. One.. um, slight problem though. The spy is still in the amphib fac. Which means you can build it and it cant move out of the fac since it aint amphib (happened to det).

well take a look into it
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Saktoth wrote:
will be removed next version.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

ITS IN THE MODIT NOW
http://modinfo.unknown-files.net/modit/ ... ?MOD=ba561

HURRAY HURRAY

Here is clearer view of what has been changed:
http://modinfo.unknown-files.net/modit/ ... MOD2=ba561

Though, it doesnt show weapon changes etc, but it gives quick view...
pintle

Post by pintle »

Sleksa wrote:what are people's impressions of the t2 lab now? is it too cheap, or still too expensive or "lol u nub spaem gater in 1v1" ?
You probably guessed how i feel about this :-)

All positive changes imo
Day

Post by Day »

grumble
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

OOoh, cheap L2. That will be exciting. Interesting to see how it changes the gameplay since we'll be getting the mohomines that much sooner (imho the most crucial parts of jump to L2). Plus, it makes both-L2 that much more usable, so the killer combo of artillery-plus-spies comes into play more often.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Day wrote:grumble
you almost finished that mmorpg <_<
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Today I played 1v1 on CC. I was arm opponent was core.

At certain point I controled 2/3 of map and even successfully raided part of main base. Then game switched to lvl 2.

I built bulldogs and mix them with flashes, opponent made banishers.

Banishers pwnt me.

I tried atacking from different side at once, they still pwned me.

Then I tried with lvl 2 air. Oops they have effiecent lvl 2 AA as well. My lvl 2 air gets pwnt.

Then I tried to mix flashes, bulldogs and annis, yup they also got pwnt.

Then I tried to mix flashes, bulldogs and that lvl 2 bot paralysing spiders and still got pwnt >.<.

Conclusion, does anyone have a feeling banishers are OP?

He also atacked with krog at more late game, and that krog was piece of cake compared to banishers -.-
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

The whole idea of the banisher is that it kills hordes.

you need to treat banishers like you treat janus. when you send 30 flash into 15 janus who have los to the flashes, your flashes will get raped no matter how much you dont want them to die.

send 1 jeffy/flash/whatever you have near straight towards it, after it shoots you attack from 2-3 directions to kill it while it reloads,when you are facing multiples of them, you do the same but use a few more baits.

when you reach t2, penetrators mixed up with gollies and peepers should kill them before they have a chance to react.

but many fundamental changes like t2 lab's cost reduced have been made, which may have made the banishers easier to get early on/easier to spam, poke me when im on tas and host the replay kthx
Mr.Frumious

Post by Mr.Frumious »

Sleska, as a Janus spammer: screw you.

/hate it when people wise up and send one unit out front that my Jani promply obliterate 100x over... and then sit there like idiots while they get cut to bits.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

thats why they usually have flash around them.

put flash up front, and flank with janus = gg

make a tight package of 10 janus and make them all shoot a single jeffy while 50 flash come up from their flank = gg

;(
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Mixed units = win.
Single unit strats = phail.
pintle

Post by pintle »

put janus on return fire orders and micro them?
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

mixed units only work if you know what you are doing, having a mix just for the sake of mix will only hurt you.

for example if the other guy has no air and you know he hasnt made any/doesnt have the resources to make them, making jethros/crashers is a waste, you are better off making peewees/rockos/hammers/aks/thuds/whatever, instead of a unit that only shoots air that is not present in the current match.

this is why you seldom see decent players make aa just for the sake of aa, they are better off getting that extra flash on the raidgroup instead of feeling safe from nonexsistant threat.
put janus on return fire orders and micro them?
even if you put it into return fire, it will still hit the jeffy first, since it will most propably get into shooting range of the janus before the flash reach the firing range of the janus.

all this return fire and microing of single units also takes up time from that ctrl+b spam you are doing, and microing your raids/protecting expos

IMO(_NOTE_ THIS IS MY OPINION, NOT WARC'S AND IT IS PROPABLY WRONG TOO, NO IDEAS FROM SWIFTSPEAR WERE LISTENED TO WHILE MAKING THIS POST)

making janus in 1v1 before mid-late / end game is a sign of noob, since the janus are so easily countered by 1 jeffy & 1 flash, and they also take your precious micro time from raiding/protecting expos/expoing, im having trouble doing just those 3 with average of 150-220 apm.

the only useful role for them is in my opinion , acting like cavalry, flanking the enemy when they are tied up with your own flash, i'd say that a ratio of about 200 flash for 20 janus is good, if you have good metal income and lots of factories/nanos that is ~_~

Return to “Game Releases”