Fun:TA v25 released!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel » 31 Jul 2007, 11:24

I've decided to scrap the changelog for this release, as I am now at version .25 and am far beyond what I had originally intended for this mod.

A little background into how this works...

Single unit spamming is almost guaranteed to fail, because you need more abilities in your groups than just one unit can provide.

LLt's are your main line of defence, all throughout the game. Hlt's are much better and longer ranged, but are not available until t2.

This mod is both similar and dissimilar to and from ota in many different ways, for example: In ota units fired through friendly units, in this mod they do that as well. In ota unit wreckage blocked other units from passing until the wreck was removed, and interesting gameplay aspect, but in and after large battles it just gums up the works, so in this mod, none of the wreckage is blocking.

Many units function the same as they did in ota, but with slight twists. For example, the penetrator can actually move somewhat quickly, but it turns quite slowly (This is the same for the sumo) so it really can't run very well.

Commander no longer has a dgun. It has been replaced with the llt laser and a short range annihilator laser. This makes him more of a defensive unit than an offensive unit, however, he can be used to help make advances.

Commander explosions... No longer rips a hole in yours or someone elses base... Now when it explodes, it paralyzes everything in a very large radius for about 45 seconds or less (depending on how close the unit was to the commander explosion -Beta testers- I removed the lag associated with this and the nuke explosion).

Nukes can no longer be intercepted, however, they are a quite a bit harder to attain as well.

Stunner/Neutron missle silos are dirt cheap, limited to 2 per player, and the missles are quite inexpensive as well. The stun lasts for about 15 seconds is an area of 600 (which is decently large). These things combined make them wonderful additions to your arsenal.

Mobile artillary units are very good... Use them.

Factories are all quite inexpensive, don't be afraid to build lots of them, remember that in this mod, going t2 will give you a bit of an edge, but you still need a large amount of t1 to be the most effective.

Energy and metal storage are quite cheap and store a goodly amount. Use quite a few of them. Units with lasers can drain your energy reserves quite quickly, most notably, cans and sumos.

This mod is debatably one of the if not the most balanced OTA mod in spring, but that you have to decide for yourselves :-)

Thanks to smoth this release is quite literally riddled with tons of new custom effects, thanks Smoth! :P

Well, that will do for quick rundown. All I can say is give it a shot. It was originally designed with single player in mind but now I have greatly broadened it to fit multiplayer as well.

Check it out!

P.S. I would greatly appreciate some feedback, preferably after 2 games or so playing it. KAI kicks so much ass :P

0 x

Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet » 31 Jul 2007, 17:26

This mod = omgwtfpwn.
0 x

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark » 31 Jul 2007, 20:05

http://modinfo.unknown-files.net/modit/ ... =funta-v25

psst. look at some corpse metal values compared to unit metal cost - i am very sorry about this whine, but i just had to say it :p

seems like there are two (or more) units with same unitname, which brokes modit (aka modinfo)
0 x

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel » 31 Jul 2007, 22:39

A valid point trademark, however, unless the amount gained is extremely off the charts I doubt I'll lose much sleep over it.

BTW the 2 units are armcom and corecom The actual fbi name for them is acom and ccom. I had to rename them so I could change and effect their attributes.

BTW, thanks much for the modit, that's very nice of you :-)

So does anyone have any complaints, praise, gripes, etc?

If you like it... Why in particular?
Same for if you hate it... Why do you hate it?

thanks
0 x

Return to “Game Releases”