Download Complete Annihilation beta 2.1 - Page 3

Download Complete Annihilation beta 2.1

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

MR.D

Post by MR.D »

You guys need to sort out some of the basic balances before you start adding in more useless stuff like that..
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I realise this is crazy, but why not do what we did in xta, that is, Increase the worker power of the air repair pads. OMG, NOW THEY REPARE THE PLANES FASTAR etc. beats removing them?
tombom

Post by tombom »

MR.D wrote:You guys need to sort out some of the basic balances before you start adding in more useless stuff like that..
Yeah. CA has some cool stuff but it's annoying when the attitude is "add first, balance later".
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

tombom wrote:
MR.D wrote:You guys need to sort out some of the basic balances before you start adding in more useless stuff like that..
Yeah. CA has some cool stuff but it's annoying when the attitude is "add first, balance later".
How so? If you balance the mod and then add a new element you have to redo balancing with the new change, better to just balance it with all features implemented.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

I think the problem is that ca redid too much, I don't mind new stuff that's cool, but it lost the whole basis of comparison with aa and ba.

not that replacing everything as you change a mod is bad, you just have to go though a lot of shit again that you could just skip if you build on top of it.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I like the air repair pads as they are, though I have some additional suggestions about that.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

If you have the basic units and game balanced, adding in new units = less time spent balancing those new units, because you have a solid comparison to start from.

Adding chaos to chaos = more chaos.

Adding a little chaos to something already in order, is alot easier to sort out.

All the eye candy in the world isn't going to help sell this mod to the typical Spring gamer, of which 80% are BA players.

You have to realize that out of those 80% of spring players who are only playing BA, less than half of them will come to play CA for the sole purpose of it containing newer features and fancier eyecandy.

Without a solid or at least decent Game balance of the units, people will just end up turning away.

Its just a natural assumption that, even of those few people, they will be comparing CA's game play to Balanced Annihilation.

While BA may be buttugly in comparison, its gameplay is solid and the players that stick with BA know it and stand by it.

So thats why I say, shoot for those balance issues first, then worry about flying aircraft repair pads..
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Having to relearn wich same old OTA units is useful this time and wich is useless again over and over is something most don't like either.
CautionToTheWind

Post by CautionToTheWind »

If there was a god, someone would make a CA variant with BA balance.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

CautionToTheWind wrote:If there was a god, someone would make a CA variant with BA balance.
Already working on it. Unfortunately, I threw in a dozen or so balance changes of my own as well :P

I may ask quantum to commit it to SVN alphas later today, if he likes it.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

A BA 6.0 with the CA effects and models is probably a better idea however, to get people to start playing it.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Forks for the sake of branding are a bad idea because they make maintenance harder.

It's easier to balance from scratch after you're done adding than continually rebalance large parts of the game as the gameplay changes. From scratch you only balance each unit once, with incremential balancing you end up balancing some units quite a few times because some new element disrupts their balancing and new values need to be found. Balancing should only take place once the gameplay is implemented and only fine tweaks are necessary (unless you plan on having an intermediate release).
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

just put the BA flash/gator in CA and everyone will be less nervous
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

KingRaptor wrote:
CautionToTheWind wrote:If there was a god, someone would make a CA variant with BA balance.
Already working on it. Unfortunately, I threw in a dozen or so balance changes of my own as well :P
Fortunately you can revert all of that very easily right? 8)
CautionToTheWind

Post by CautionToTheWind »

KingRaptor wrote: Already working on it. Unfortunately, I threw in a dozen or so balance changes of my own as well :P
After seeing you play last night, i fear not. I watched that game where you turned a losing 1v2 into a winning 1v2. And then the game crashed. Right before the game crashed, you had 8 stumpies in the south front, that you could have moved into their undefended production area just one screen away.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

CautionToTheWind wrote:heaps of praise
Aww shucks :oops:

really, thanks ^^
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

weee postcount +1

Because the mutator is forked from BA (then again, so is CA itself in a way, but this mutator plays very much like BA), I'm holding off on doing anything public with it until I get some clarification from Day/NOiZE.

I hope to get something out soon, even if only as a proof-of-concept. CA proper has some very serious issues with its balance (not gonna elaborate, Saktoth can explain if he wants to take the time), and I'd like to give people something to play while we work out the balance issues.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could always play the included AA 2.11 mutator for CA :P
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

AA 2.11 *REALLY* sucks in comparison to any BA version.

anyway, a small note: the buildbar widget crashes if you click a unit to build and drag the mouse over to another unit without releasing it, then releasing it while over another unit.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

ZellSF wrote:AA 2.11 *REALLY* sucks in comparison to any BA version.

anyway, a small note: the buildbar widget crashes if you click a unit to build and drag the mouse over to another unit without releasing it, then releasing it while over another unit.
you dont know

you werent there man
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Breaking news.

REV 549 :

- New t4 unit added : smug gaot

codename : casmug.

http://files.caspring.org/snapshots/latest.sdz.php

Check 't out.

Return to “Game Releases”