Gundam 1.11 release post.

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

Image Image Image

Lets see here, I am very tired and have busted ass to get this release out so people can have an upgraded version of gundam and since noone wanted to read a nice long post detailing the changes, how they effected gameplay I did not make one for this patch release. Now, many of you may ask why should I care about this release? well frankly because it is better and I am not talking micro fix AA/BA release. I do not do minor releases, I change a lot and test over months. So yeah, here is a new release, those who actually give a care can read the changelog here: http://cs.selu.edu/~ssmith/GUNDAM/files ... ngelog.txt

In general I went and redid many if not all of the sound effects enhancing them or adjusting their volumes
there was some major economy balance one part of which included limiting the mexes to six, I'd explain the decision but I don't have the time to argue with the trolls.
Lets see.. oh and now artillery and missiles get enhanced damage versus buildings, so just building zakus with machine guns is no longer as sound as it once was.

Again, I'd spend several hours making a looooooooong post detailing all of the work and effort. All of the new cool stuff added in and all of the changes to gameplay but only like 3-4 of you will even read this post. So frankly this release should speak for it's self. Noone that has played it ever wants to go back to 1.1 it is a vast improvement over 1.1.

Just something I wanted to include, old gelgoog next to new one :P
Image Image
Image Image
Gundam RTS.
I, Steve(Smoth)Smith do not yield permission, rights to modify, disassemble parts of this project for use in any work. I expect the project to be recognized as a single entity which unless specifically granted, no one has permission to modify or use outside of it's purpose.

Unless I have given specific permission, I do not permit the modification of any asset belonging to Gundam RTS. However, if requested permission may be given, at my discretion, to an individual allowing use or modification for a specific asset of the project. Such permission will not relinquish my rights to the work contained in Gundam RTS. If I do choose to permit the usage of Gundam RTS assets, such usage will be limited to that asset of the project and nothing else.

Distribution:
I encourage distribution of Gundam RTS as a whole package, I only require that this mod is credited to me as a product of my work and that Bandai is recognized as the copyright holder of all designs, names and fiction related to Gundam. It may not be distributed under any license other then the license written here.

Purpose:
This is a project for Spring, it may be used in Spring as game content, screenshots maybe taken and used as promotional material for, Bandai, Gundam RTS or Spring. Videos may be recorded and used as promotional material for Bandai, Spring or Gundam RTS. Gundam RTS is not to be modified, it may only be used as a game package for spring RTS.

Assets include but not limited to:
All artwork(models, textures, effects art), scripting, effects scripts.

This means NO ONE HAS PERMISSION TO modify and/or use any part of my mod for their work. I am not releasing it as open source etc because I do not have any license over the work. However, it is my work(scripting, modeling, texturing) and I retain the right to said work as my own for use as I see fit.

FILE HERE!
http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/2898/Gundam_1.11_/

unit guide
I am going to release the effects under creative commons at a later time.
Last edited by smoth on 20 May 2007, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/28 ... alley_1.4/
oh and this is the map most of those shots are from.. no the map cannot go down in filesize!
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

I like the sound of this:
Epic commanders crash land leaving a crater!
I'll look forwards to playing this in a few weeks.
smoth

Post by smoth »

no corpse though, in 75b1 I hope to rectify that.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

You should name it 2.0, not 1.11, it would give people the impression you have done alot more. I mean, at least 1.2. But 1.11? That sounds like a hasty crashfix release, not a major one.
smoth

Post by smoth »

The version numbers relate to a larger goal, I am not going to be like another developer and release a 2.0 boost with only groundflashes.

1.2 has a guideline and goals, this in the scheme of things is just tweaks. 2.0 would mean the completion of all federation and zeon units with uvmapping and proper animation. Most of the changes like the effects work and balance are not a significant part of the design for the project. they are feature creep imo.
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

I played this.

edit: The effects are cool.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Yay! Gundam is fun, people! You should play it! Play it! Go on, it won't hurt. Play it. [hypnosis]Plaay iiiiiiiiiiittttt!!! YOU WILL PLAY!!!!!... YOU WILL PLAY!!!!!...[/hypnosis]
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Finally some Char running against the public at large! Wheeeeee!
smoth

Post by smoth »

if you can get them to play..

I think it is all some chav conspiracy to not play gundam! That is right, somewhere there is a chav and he is the mastermind behind the anti-gundam conspiracy! HE is mad cause he can't get n-e love from the asians!
Aun

Post by Aun »

Whoo, go play!
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

smoth wrote:if you can get them to play..

I think it is all some chav conspiracy to not play gundam! That is right, somewhere there is a chav and he is the mastermind behind the anti-gundam conspiracy! HE is mad cause he can't get n-e love from the asians!
Chav Mastermind is an oxymoron. Chavs don't have minds of their own!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Can someone please tell me what a Chav is before I shoot something!

Oh and Gundam is by far pretties mod ever. At least untill the next prettier mod. All the explosions are pretty. Like fireworks.

Pretty fireworks.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

You don't know what chavs are? You lucky, lucky bastard.

They're a British invention, and something we're far from proud of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

For funnies, also see: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Chav
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

chavscum.co.uk to be honest.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think they're called Gangsta's in America. Except they're mostly black and are for legit, apprently. If Chavs are wanna bes, then Gangstas are actual Gangstas?

I'd really perfer it if they wore zoot suits and acted like real gangsters. Pfft...Gangstas...as if.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Impeccable work, as is customary.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Great a bunch of 14 year olds talking about stereotypes and races. This thread is supposed to be about gundamn, people.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BTW people, T61 spam is fail!

Return to “Game Releases”