Gundam 1.11 release post. - Page 7

Gundam 1.11 release post.

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

SypheDeath wrote:Thanks. :D

EDIT-EDIT: Nevermind. Solved it with (lots of) help. :lol:
you have a problem? What were you having a problem with?
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

patch issue, apparently KDR's patch doesn't work but ur full release does so i just pointed him to that
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The patch requires 1.11 FIX 1, not 1.11 :P

Problem with playing the unpatched version is that MGs cannot reach epic coms which makes them pretty much unstoppable to feds.
SypheDeath

Post by SypheDeath »

Yeah, that was about it. It's entertaining for lack of a better word. XD
Mr.Frumious

Post by Mr.Frumious »

So, is the patch a fix that just resurrects cylindrical targetting? Or are we ever actually going to see targetting that considers the size of the target (that is, fire at the edge of range if the target's surface is in range even when it's centre isn't), since, afaik, the problem with supercoms isn't that they're flying, but that their centre-of-targetting is so far up... the bottom of the epic-com is in range, isn't it?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Hm, since you reminded me I checked again and apparently targetBorder was fixed in 75b2 already so it would work as a substitute.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Interesting Target border is working in this release? I should add that in yes?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Yeah, that's worth a try.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Bump for those who liek pie!
SypheDeath

Post by SypheDeath »

Does that mean there's a new update? :) *wishful thinking* :( Coincidentally, I just checked back today. XD
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Not really a new update, there were some uploads for the SVN installer but those are of no interest until Spring 76b1 arrives (or you just want to play on the test server).
smoth

Re: Gundam 1.11 release post.

Post by smoth »

As some of you know, I get all emo about my gundam models and textures but after seeing the dynasty warriors gundam models in HD I can honestly say I have done better and feel much more at ease. Sure, the pr shots look great but the ingame models are nowhere near that detailed. In fact I was struck by the lack of panel lines.

So, I know most of you probably do not really see the relevance but I take pride in what I have done so far and now feel much more pleased with the work. There are changes coming and they will take some time to implement. Kdr has graced me with much help and I will make my efforts to return to work on gundam once I get more settled in. So get excited but know that these new updates and the planned progress may take a bit. Please understand that the the release will be that much more impressive.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

smoth wrote:Please understand that the the release will be that much more impressive.
Judging from the work you've done so far: If you say so, I would believe so. :-)
Krathi

Post by Krathi »

I like it, but hardly anyone ever plays it :(

Also, is Gundam Installer Version 1.11?
smoth

Post by smoth »

there is someone playing now. Best thing I can tell you is to start asking other people to try it out. The reason that download didn't work for you is odds are you didn't extract it into the mod directory.

the current version is 1.11f and there is someone in the lobby playing it as I write this.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

smoth wrote:there is someone playing now. Best thing I can tell you is to start asking other people to try it out. The reason that download didn't work for you is odds are you didn't extract it into the mod directory.

the current version is 1.11f and there is someone in the lobby playing it as I write this.
Could be from the sticky topic i made on my gundam website :P
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

The installer version has a very broken LUA script using SetUnitLinage. Not only it crash in single player, it also hangs when there is a spectator.

Fixxit!
smoth

Post by smoth »

erg, the crash that happened with springie was related to the damn thing not passing mod options. I have a fix but I will have to test the spectator thing.

hmm, I started a game with 2 ais and me specing, no crash. can I get some more info z?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Three times in a row, playing Gundam on the map MoonQ10x.sd7, on neddiehost server, it hangs a few seconds after getting ingame. Then <Neddiehost> This is the issue; LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/commoption.lua"]:37: SetUnitLineage(): Bad unitID

Ok, so indeed that's probably a springie bug and not related to having a spectator. Still, make it so Gundam doesn't crash when not passed the mod option. Because Spring.exe builtin scripts and springie are not the only apps that forget the option.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I have that fixed on my current test version. I'll have to fix it for you guys and upload again. I'll have to do it tomorrow though.

Return to “Game Releases”