Balanced Annihilation 5.3 is OUT - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation 5.3 is OUT

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

This is how we currently have it in CA : 0.5 M per 40 E.

This allows you to :

Better limit your energy-excess.

and

forces you to need more space.

This also makes metal generators a rather attractive choice at times.

/end shameless plug
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Haven't played this, read the changelog. Reassuring to see that it's becoming very much unlike AA, for instance with the energy structure. We get this mod good and popular, then AA comes in, and XTA MUST DIE!

I'll avoid playing it or anything until next AA's out so I can avoid unconsciously stealing any brilliant ideas.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

i would leave metal makere.. they were60 in ota and xta and worked well, why messing with it? in competitive games they does not matter anyway - in team games we all build them so what. not op or anything and they explode in niiice chainz :)
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Caydr wrote:Haven't played this, read the changelog. Reassuring to see that it's becoming very much unlike AA, for instance with the energy structure. We get this mod good and popular, then AA comes in, and XTA MUST DIE!

I'll avoid playing it or anything until next AA's out so I can avoid unconsciously stealing any brilliant ideas.
O_O
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

}:U
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Caydr wrote:XTA MUST DIE!
yeah, because we'd much rather play abolition
Last edited by 1v0ry_k1ng on 20 May 2007, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

The majority of spring would and do. ={n
Abokasee

Post by Abokasee »

All highlited words are changes which are ones I comment on
5.1 --> 5.2

Fixes a bug which might cause crashing when

building and adv factory.
Removed streak (Caydr's bonus unit) OMG, never used but OMG
Bantha can no longer be airlifted what??? Core have krog, they got have a way of taking out that thing before the arm base is raped
Made some buildpics a bit brighter (Thanks
Trademark)

4.7 --> 5.1

Flash slowed down a little Ahhh, much better, now lets all play core and spam gator
Energy structures revised, each step is now like a 30 % efficency gain Solar --> adv Solar --> Fusion --> Adv

Fusion. The underwater fusions have the same efficency as a regular fusion. The cloaked fusion is about 20% more

effective then adv solars.
Snipers are no longer stealth What?!?! they were weak anough with it!
ARM mohomines lost their cloaking ability.
Fixed Seaplane torpedo planes, they will fire on ships now, they lost their anti air missle in the progress though.
Fixed bladewings, they will keep attacking units now.
Added back in the mobile radar/jammer vehicles/kbots, their costs adjusted to make more sense.
Reverted Arm Dragon Teeth model.
DragonTeeth have a higher slope tolerance now.
leveler reload time decreased slightly
janus damage increased
Commander Self-D time reduced to 5 seconds.
beamers damage improved
claws/maws damage improved
claws accuracy improved
Gave the corvette ships some more speed and dps

T2 got buffed, Day took some time to tell me how he did it:

Core
reaper role changed into more of a lighter tank Hmm? should be a medium/heavy battle tank or main battle tank
golly firing rate increased weapon damage increased aoe increased
pillager made faster, costs increased
mobile flak firepower reduced
can dps and speed increased
sumo range and speed increased
dominators a little more firepower
made crawling bombs faster
Pyro a little faster Well thats a good idea

Arm
zeus faster, more health
fido speed increased slightly
sniper stealth removed As I say OMG
crawling bomb faster
fatboy more range
mavs a little faster
zipper a bit more health
bulldog made faster
penetrator shorter reload
luger faster, costs decreased
panthers a bit faster
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Abokasee wrote:All highlited words are changes which are ones I comment on
5.1 --> 5.2

Fixes a bug which might cause crashing when

building and adv factory.
Removed streak (Caydr's bonus unit) OMG, never used but OMG
Bantha can no longer be airlifted what??? Core have krog, they got have a way of taking out that thing before the arm base is raped
Made some buildpics a bit brighter (Thanks
Trademark)

4.7 --> 5.1

Flash slowed down a little Ahhh, much better, now lets all play core and spam gator
Energy structures revised, each step is now like a 30 % efficency gain Solar --> adv Solar --> Fusion --> Adv

Fusion. The underwater fusions have the same efficency as a regular fusion. The cloaked fusion is about 20% more

effective then adv solars.
Snipers are no longer stealth What?!?! they were weak anough with it!
ARM mohomines lost their cloaking ability.
Fixed Seaplane torpedo planes, they will fire on ships now, they lost their anti air missle in the progress though.
Fixed bladewings, they will keep attacking units now.
Added back in the mobile radar/jammer vehicles/kbots, their costs adjusted to make more sense.
Reverted Arm Dragon Teeth model.
DragonTeeth have a higher slope tolerance now.
leveler reload time decreased slightly
janus damage increased
Commander Self-D time reduced to 5 seconds.
beamers damage improved
claws/maws damage improved
claws accuracy improved
Gave the corvette ships some more speed and dps

T2 got buffed, Day took some time to tell me how he did it:

Core
reaper role changed into more of a lighter tank Hmm? should be a medium/heavy battle tank or main battle tank
golly firing rate increased weapon damage increased aoe increased
pillager made faster, costs increased
mobile flak firepower reduced
can dps and speed increased
sumo range and speed increased
dominators a little more firepower
made crawling bombs faster
Pyro a little faster Well thats a good idea

Arm
zeus faster, more health
fido speed increased slightly
sniper stealth removed As I say OMG
crawling bomb faster
fatboy more range
mavs a little faster
zipper a bit more health
bulldog made faster
penetrator shorter reload
luger faster, costs decreased
panthers a bit faster
Spring heavyweight "Abokasee" weighs in on the matter
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

I've read most of the thread very quickly looking for someone posting about how over powered are the new janus and haven't found anything, so let me do it: The new Janus is so OP!

It kills a flash in a single shot, 5 can take an HLT head on and you will lose only one, they out range a commander and can kill it in about 5 shots (this is L1 i remind you!).
Most l1 units are totally helpless against them. I know half of you will tell me now to spam fleas or weasels and to treat them like snipers (rush with multiple small units or something) but that can be so easily countered it's not even funny. I saw Ray yesterday beating both Licho and FlopFLop (Good players...) by building almost no other unit than the janus.

I'm sorry to day, but this is almost as broken as the "weasel spam" AA was, we actually played a game were over half the people asked for them to be disabled. Core is virtually worthless against Arm now. reverting to 4.7...

After reading what I just wrote and seeing how that sounds I wanted just to say this: You guys who are making BA are doing one hell of a job! I know it's not easy balancing mod and you are prolly working on it very hard and then people come and point out every little flaw in your work. So i just wanted to say after ranting so much - Keep upthe good work, it's appreciated.
Day

Post by Day »

BTW move all this conversation to the BA forums.
this topic was just made by noize to make sure people know :D
Goolash, got any replays?
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

Janus might need a nerf, but they're not seriously overpowered. Sure they kill commanders easily, but that's one of the few things they're good at. Stumpies can do the HLT killing thing as well and cost less. They take 7.5 seconds to reload, are slow, and barely outrange an LLT.

That said, I say their damage should be bumped down to 300 per rocket.
CautionToTheWind

Post by CautionToTheWind »

Janus got a huge buff when its rockets started going over things instead of being more LOS-dependant. The leveler feels quite neglected in comparision. Its somewhat funny in AA5.0 where it seems to have more splash damage? In BA 4.7 they were rarelly used and i'm not sure a reload time reduction is the way. They need to actually kill stuff, not just put a few extra shots in metal wrecks.

You could probably double the leveler's damage and it would only be slightly overpowered, or not even at all.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

I think the Leveler would be fine if it moved a little faster and had more range.
Abokasee

Post by Abokasee »

Goolash_ wrote:I've read most of the thread very quickly looking for someone posting about how over powered are the new janus and haven't found anything, so let me do it: The new Janus is so OP!

It kills a flash in a single shot, 5 can take an HLT head on and you will lose only one, they out range a commander and can kill it in about 5 shots (this is L1 i remind you!).
Most l1 units are totally helpless against them. I know half of you will tell me now to spam fleas or weasels and to treat them like snipers (rush with multiple small units or something) but that can be so easily countered it's not even funny. I saw Ray yesterday beating both Licho and FlopFLop (Good players...) by building almost no other unit than the janus.

I'm sorry to day, but this is almost as broken as the "weasel spam" AA was, we actually played a game were over half the people asked for them to be disabled. Core is virtually worthless against Arm now. reverting to 4.7...

After reading what I just wrote and seeing how that sounds I wanted just to say this: You guys who are making BA are doing one hell of a job! I know it's not easy balancing mod and you are prolly working on it very hard and then people come and point out every little flaw in your work. So i just wanted to say after ranting so much - Keep upthe good work, it's appreciated.
Because no one remembers it
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I say stagger the missle shots, so its not launching both at the same time for a massive damage hit.

This could bring its DPS closer in-line with Leveler firepower, then you can adjust the damage down per missle to more tolerable levels.

If this is done, you will end up with a shorter range Samson/Slasher style vehicle that is suited for ground combat.

With tracking missles that can shoot over corpses and follow its target + impulse and splash make this Lvl-1 vehicle an amazing weapon to use.

As far as its Core counterpart goes, I still think the Leveler needs a ballistic shot similar to Stumpy/Raider, its Direct Line of sight projectiles get trapped on corpses far too often to allow the Leveler to match wits with Janus.

The leveler is alot shorter range, less than that of Stumpy and Raider, so giving it the ability to actually hit targets would be a hell of an improvement on its current uses.
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

wasnt the janus always this powerful???

ie. kill t1 units in approx 1 hit, own HLTs, own comms

its just that.....nobody used them until they noticed the slight buff in the change log of this version ? XD
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

5.3 :]

changelog wrote:5.2 --> 5.3

Janus range reduced, dps reduced.
Fixed the movementclasses of radar/jammer veh/bots.
Rez bots moved to T1 Kbots. costs adjusted.
Decreased Thud and Storm costs slightly to make up for armwarrior.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

FEAR NERF!
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

so janus is renerfed...is that just a reversion of the buff it just got?

Return to “Game Releases”