AA 5.0

AA 5.0

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

submarine
AI Developer

AA 5.0

Post by submarine »

I know the old thread has been locked and Nixa stopped working on the project after the discussion about an appropriate name for the mod.

Anyway, i think it's really a pity that nobody is going to continue with the AA development. I really dislike BA's MM economy and it there has not been any visible development for months. Besides the new effects in AA 5.0 are much nicer but there are yet bugs to fix and probably more effects to be inlucded etc.

I think someone should continue to work on AA (and somehow reflect the fact that the developer has changed in the modname)...
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

stop arguing and call it somthing else

like A?
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

Just call it AA in honor of caydr who created it. What is a better way to show the appreciation for what he has done for the community then continuing to develop the mod he left?

Use AA, but try to come up with version numering standards that dont suck!
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

spoiler: CA :P
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

+10

BA's effects suck
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

kuqa wrote:Just dont call it AA in honor of caydr who mashed it together. What is a better way to show the lack of appreciation for what he has done for himself, than returning to pick up the pieces of the mod he ragequitted?

Ditch AA, and wait for a fork that dont suck! like CA
fixed
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

What, Nixa stopped working on the mod? Sad to hear that...i really liked it alot :cry:
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Just pick another word starting with A so that the acronym can stay AA. That'll pay proper tribute to the history of AA, but clearly differentiate it so we won't get more drama. I looked into this a few weeks ago with a thesaurus and came out with a few words or phrases that might work: Authoritative, Accurate, All-Out, and Authentic. Alternately, someone could dig Caydr up and ask him for his blessing to continue AA since he's no longer working on it. He probably deserves some credit regardless since he was responsible for the base most of the Spring TA/Uberhack derivatives are working from.
kuqa

Post by kuqa »

Well CA has been mentioned two times here.. but i can find no info about it and when i have asked in lobby from ppl who have played/tested it they stay shut.

Not a promising start for a mod if the dev team is so fucking full of themselves that they dont think they need to answer when someone 'ordinary' makes a simple question.. :(
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I thought the uberhack derivatives where working off of uberhack not AA? There is no need to pay tribute and there's a number fo people who would contest wether he even deserves tribute of any kind.

CA. Its already decided.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

BA was never intended to be a mod with a weekly update, we try to create a stable mod, so you can actually LEARN the mod. Instead of you get a new mod every 2 weeks. That being said, one day there will be a BA update again.

And indeed lets wait for CA, i hope it will be pretty different from BA and Fun-TA.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

as 2pac would have said;

CA aint on the maps,
its under secret goverment raps,
CA solves this AA crap,
bringing the old glory back,
putting BA to the sack
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

BA was never intended to be a mod with a weekly update, we try to create a stable mod, so you can actually LEARN the mod. Instead of you get a new mod every 2 weeks. That being said, one day there will be a BA update again.
Maybe there can be a gfx-only update, with AA effects or something? I think the few releases is a very good idea though.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

jcnossen wrote:
Maybe there can be a gfx-only update, with AA effects or something? I think the few releases is a very good idea though.
not sure if we can "use" them...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

You have my permission.
quantum

Post by quantum »

The new effects in Nixa's AA are some of the the ones I'm making for Complete Annihilation, a BA fork Saktoth, Fox, Machio and I are working on. It will not be a beautified BA, but something different.

You won't find much information on the forums because we are a lazy bunch of lurkers, heh. Still, the development process is not closed at all, you can find daily test SD7s at #talk, in the lobby. Don't expect something playable though, we're far from finished. That said, if you still want to try it out or hang out in #talk, you're welcome, and we'd be grateful for any feedback. :-)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

That's a sad thing. I prefer AA5.0 over BA, because it brings back many good old things (or at least it intends to do so) ...

- more powerfull lvl2 units opposed to lvl1 units
- toned down MM
- disabled units are back
- less powerfull defenses

And it doesnt fell any less balanced than BA.
Imo as long as it stays in original line it should be called AA no matter who develops it.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Afaik its not the naming drama but also that Nixa had to go somewhere for a few weeks and dosen't have access to the internet or something.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Well i hope she is willing to continue her work after she's back, i quite enjoy the return of the old AA feeling her mod brings.
knorke

Post by knorke »

the new effecty like the shells from the AKs guns are very nice. Also like the shockwave/smoke that some units do when firing.

But Id prefer if there was only one "AA-based" mod, might be more productive? Its strange to see the same units behaving different.

Return to “Game Releases”