1v1 BA tourney interest check!

Subforum for the organization and gathering of competitive players to talk about the opportunities for competitive play. Post all tournaments notifications here.
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Since I walk the Springlands once more, I will also host a 1v1 tourney for BA if there are enough interested parties! :-)

Minimum of 6 people. More than 8 people and format will be double elimination; 8 or less and the format will be single elimination.

Rounds are best-of-3, except for the final, which is best of 5.

Date to be decided later and will depent on participant input.

Sign under if you're interested!
Jazcash

Re: 1v1 BA tourney interest check!

Post by Jazcash »

How about a BAR tournament? :P
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

I think we may have to end til' fall for those..

..Unless, of course, there were enough interested people!

EDIT: spring != autumn
BlitzTank

Post by BlitzTank »

Wouldn't it be better to ask in game? this forum is exclusively for people who don't play the game! Also you must be very bored to be here Jazcash, I know I am.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I'm just interested in BAR, I'd like to see it do well, what with all the work that various people have put into it.
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

I'd play in a BAR tourney if/when it lost that ND clause.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

Anarchid wrote:I'd play in a BAR tourney if/when it lost that ND clause.
why does it matter?
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

why does it matter?
Why does it matter why it matters?
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I would play tourney
tacho

Post by tacho »

tzaeru wrote:Since I walk the Springlands once more, I will also host a 1v1 tourney for BA if there are enough interested parties! :-)

Minimum of 6 people. More than 8 people and format will be double elimination; 8 or less and the format will be single elimination.

Rounds are best-of-3, except for the final, which is best of 5.

Date to be decided later and will depent on participant input.

Sign under if you're interested!
I think most people afraid to play 1vs1 because if you loose you have no chance even think you defeate has a reason anything else then yourself :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

BlitzTank wrote:Wouldn't it be better to ask in game? this forum is exclusively for people who don't play the game!
Wut? :o

Well, anyway! Seems we've basically no interest for participation, so not going to happen. It's a shame, but then, so are all the drunken fooleries that we've all indulged in at least once.

EDIT: NO WAIT, a few people more may be coming..?!
TeBe

Post by TeBe »

Tourney would be fun but don't rely on me participating since my online times are entirely determined by how the ISP feels like :I Thai internet...
probzor

Post by probzor »

Nice. How do I sign up? Just forum post?
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Well, right now, we're just mapping out people who'd potentially want to play. :-)

If we can get 6 people who have even theoretical interest, then we can discuss about the time and dates and when one is set up, I'll handle the rest. All you guys need to do is to enter your name to a web form once the tourney is announced in a separate thread. So, now we've 4 guys!

And I can also guarantee that when the release date for BAR closes in, I'll arrange up a few tourneys to accompany it.
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

By the way! If there are particular weekends that are an absolute no-go for you, please put them here. Currently I'm thinking of the later 3 weekends of Jule, i.e. at earliest 2 weeks from now, latest 4 weeks from now. :-)
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

I am interested. But for some time In the beginning of july I will be not available.
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Thinking about date.

How would either 14th or 28th June fit people? Both are Sundays, 2 and 4 weeks from now respectively. Sometime in late afternoon in Europe, morning in east coast US.
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Please put out date inputs soon, I'll try to decide it during the upcoming weekend. :-)

On a loosely related note, I've been thinking about what the map pool and default maps will be like.. I think we'll have a bit of focus on the small-to-medium maps and forsake some classic very tiny maps, since gameplay in those tends to not see even slightest variation and tiniest of mistakes snowball to catastrophes very quickly. Additionally, it'd be awesomely cool if for once we could have a full water map in one of the tiers as the starting map, but I can foresee that being extremely unpopular a call! Thoughts?
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

i really have no preference for maps or times. it's all good. 8)

Return to “Tournaments”