$100 EvolutionRTS Tournament 3/28/13 18:00 GMT - Page 4

$100 EvolutionRTS Tournament 3/28/13 18:00 GMT

Subforum for the organization and gathering of competitive players to talk about the opportunities for competitive play. Post all tournaments notifications here.
scifi

Re: $100 EvolutionRTS Tournament 3/28/13 18:00 GMT

Post by scifi »

PauloMorfeo wrote:So, did this extremely exciting thing get to happen?

I've been watching alot of Starcrap 2 videos (actually prefer that to actually playing it, since I can't output 2 million APM), and I'd love to also see some videos or replays of Spring being played with the valiantness and combateness that only(*) a monetary prize can give.

* or a very honorific prize of any other nature, really.
And also if any future event could be streamed on twitch, publicated later on youtube and maybe even posted on the Twitter xD.

Would be awesome to hear somone do a voice comment on the tournament.

Ive actualy downloaded and used the broadcasting software to stream on twitchtv, its quite easy to install a bit cpu heavy and it migth be a toll if your connection isnt the best, but with a less than average connection i was able to stream at a decent resolution.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

When I stream I do it at 1080p. In fact, I recently bought a blue snowball and a gtx660 so that I would have the best possible quality for when I do casts.

You can see some of the games I casted a little while ago at http://WWW.YouTube.com/forbodingangel I would do more, but people don't upload their evo games replays very often and for some reason spars is refusing to autoupload..
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Forboding Angel wrote:... games I casted ... http://WWW.YouTube.com/forbodingangel ...
I watched Evolution RTS v6.32: Godde vs FlopFlop on Badlands - Game 1, 2, 3. The replays are quite good and nice to watch.

At first you were unsure as to what to say. Fortunately you're (one of?) the developer(s) of EvoRTS and you managed to bring out some very decent strategical/tactical/technical considerations into the cast.

The cast beginings are always the slowest parts. The good casters I see use that early time to talk a little bit about the players, about what they're casting about (tournament standings and whatever), show off the map (what tactics, strategies and concerns there are), and take considerations into how the players are starting (you did that well).

EvoRTS looked really good to watch (if just a little bit too slow for such a slow map with so little going on - maybe increasing the speed of the game would make it more engaging). The game's content looks really good and the gameplay shown hinted me that it might be really interesting - got me interested.

Congratulations, for sure. Those were very decent casts of non pro-games. And you actually have a very decent voice for casting (mine isn't - I sound extremely bland and boring). Looking forward to see some more and I hope you manage to pull off a decent tournament with "pro" players and cast the replays.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yeah u want to cast an evo tourney so bad. Im not a good caster but i think that with some practice I could do a decent enough job to at least make it interesting. plus it makes people more interested in evo.

That's actually how I got into starcraft2. Course those casters are actual pros but even a barely decent caster really helps imo.

Return to “Tournaments”