Game coder search - Page 2

Game coder search

An "ADVENTURERS" project, seeking to produce a Dune RTS inspired by the efforts of and portrayals by Westwood and Lynch.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Game coder search

Post by Forboding Angel »

FYI, because it might not have been obvious... I was kidding.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Wow, you guys are really talented, I hope you keep it it!
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i'll make some dune maps if you guys can get all of the coding for rock/sand/concrete slabs etc going

edit: artwork looks really A+ great, but as others before have said; examine infantry models in spring... you may have to redo the existing ones, or find a way to get bones/meshdeform/ik into spring engine (first option is more likely)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

you may find that you can trade texture work for code work with other game devs/teams. 8)
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

FLOZi wrote:you may find that you can trade texture work for code work with other game devs/teams. 8)
Some people(mappers, coders) already offered us help, and of course we will glad to help them in their own projects graphics content
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Zero-K team http://zero-k.info/ generally has enough coders and not enough artist so we would like to cooperate too :-)
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

really good, we even not predicted so many people willing to cooperate our talents.
How we could get our own subforum to make topics bout design document, game feature requirements and more categoried info? Evo dune almost decided to be spring project
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

KiviTheBird wrote:really good, we even not predicted so many people willing to cooperate our talents.
How we could get our own subforum to make topics bout design document, game feature requirements and more categoried info? Evo dune almost decided to be spring project
A "Valid Representative" for the project needs to attract the attention of an administrator with enough access privileges to create one for you (namely aegis).

Full Instructions seem to be in this sticky:

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=18509
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

SinbadEV wrote:
KiviTheBird wrote:really good, we even not predicted so many people willing to cooperate our talents.
A "Valid Representative" for the project needs to attract the attention of an administrator with enough access privileges to create one for you (namely aegis).

Full Instructions seem to be in this sticky:

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=18509
I afraid am only one english speaking representative. Team leader cannot speak english but really fine makes stones. other members are not so powerful in hierarchy to make key decisions in project evolving
I am lead modeller now trying fuze dune stuff with spring engine.

Okay, finally how we will work - now our team doing preparation of everything coder team need to produce Simple beta version
Beta will be consist of

-one small styled map with two or three buildable places, resource fields, stones and some decorations

-One base with ability to build refinery, factory, call harvester and support aircrafts. Fully in compliance with our building system

-Ability to collect resource as said in design document. Harvesters carrials coptours, refinery.

-train one tank in factory. We accept stupid not aim-scripted tank wich will only show how it crawling on sand.

All needed data will be given. If team of coders and mappers produce simple beta - we will work with them and share our talents
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I call dibs on the map!
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

Some dune stuff to not get bored waiting Evodune subforum to be opened

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

You green the desserts of arrakis with my drool! Very impressive work.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

What do your models look like when they're not rendered in uber fancy raytracers =p?
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

radiosity is not ray tracing =p
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Maybee we should make a off-put-list of what spring will make them do to get there modells ingame.

First you will be in need to redo your textures. You need a 4pixels empty between every surface that is not connected to avoid texture bleedin.

Then you need two of those textures. one with the actuall texture and a alpha for the teamcolours. Another Texture for self-ilumination, refelctivity and transparency.

Disregard the wikis and only use recomended tutorials. Documentation as with all OpenSource Projects is a rare thing.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

TheRegisteredOne wrote:radiosity is not ray tracing =p
My point still stands! What do they look like without the uberomgwtfmakeanythinglookamazing renderers? How else are we to judge what the model will actually look like in engine?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Making maps is easy. Coding and animating, not as much.

Good luck with your project! While there's lots of thread from new people asking for help with your project, you seem to have already produced lots of quality content, so I hope you'll succeed. I'll even refrain from my yearly posting of anigif. :wink:

Oh and try to hire this guy, Daniel54. He speaks russian and make awesome unit animation. For Total Annihilation, but Spring uses TA animation format.
d-gun

Post by d-gun »

AF wrote:What do your models look like when they're not rendered in uber fancy raytracers =p?
or when animated using only rotations/translations, using a system from the 90s....
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

will there be baron harkonnen? and weirding modules? i'm getting excited about this :D

Z post epic gif!
KiviTheBird

Post by KiviTheBird »

AF wrote:What do your models look like when they're not rendered in uber fancy raytracers =p?

witness, diff layyer, no specs norms or anything else. viewport screenshot, no any postprocessing
also there are no any hard postprocessing on other unit renders. copy image url and open to fullsize

Return to “Dune: Evolution”