Migration of autohosts (BlackHoleHosts, elderbery, semprini, durian and lagonberry)

Migration of autohosts (BlackHoleHosts, elderbery, semprini, durian and lagonberry)

For the discussion of infrastructure improvements and changes.

Moderator: Moderators

abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

some autohosts where already running on springrts.com: a ubuntu chroot was configured to run them which is bloat:

i migrated it directly to the os of the springts.com server which allows to delete ~30GB of redundant data.

very likely some stuff is broken as a lot of paths changed. please post here if you found a (new) issue wrt the autohosts.

thanks!

this is a preparation for updating the host springrts.com to debian buster.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Migration of autohosts (BlackHoleHosts, elderbery, semprini, durian and lagonberry)

Post by Jools »

Heu,

Finally managed to login to the forum, there was some issue with the captcha: I thought I had the wrong password but I was just all the time making the wrong captcha.

The autohosts werent unmaintained, they just need very little intervention/can be maintained from the lobby server. I suspect that most of the 30 Gb are games and maps that users downloaded for them. Should be symlinked to the maps on the spring mirror, but symlinks don't work on chroots so can't remembr how we solved the issue. But they are not copies of all maps.

That said, I wouldn't have any trouble using debian instead of ubuntu.

Return to “Infrastructure Development”