Buildslave requirements?

Buildslave requirements?

For the discussion of infrastructure improvements and changes.

Moderator: Moderators

Anarchid

Buildslave requirements?

Post by Anarchid »

I've noticed that lack of per-commit linux64 builds as an inconvenience for myself, so i went around asking why linux64 is built once per day.

What i was told is that it's built on abma's personal machine, and building per-commit would seriously task its other functions.

In that light, i figured that maybe donating one by setting a piece of spare iron i have lying around to be a dedicated per-commit linux64 buildslave would solve this little personal grief.

So:

1) Are there any requirements to setup such a scheme?
2) If so, how would i go around implementing it?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Buildslave requirements?

Post by abma »

atm its quiet difficult to setup a linux64 static build slave. current setup is gentoo: http://springrts.com/wiki/Buildbot:Gent ... atic_linux

hardware requirements are about ~4GB of RAM and if i remember right about 60GB of disk storage.

current buildslave runs on a vmware esxi node, so maybe its easiest when i send you the current vmdk?!
Anarchid

Re: Buildslave requirements?

Post by Anarchid »

What i have is a core2duo with 4 gigs (i think) and about 200 gigs just collecting dust, it's not being used for anything at all atm, so it can be gentoo just as easy as anything. I'll check out proper specs tonight then.

I guess the vmdk would be helpful yeah. How large is it?

What do i need besides that and hardware? Do i need a static IP?

Are there any other configuration steps to do after getting the thing up?

Return to “Infrastructure Development”