spring replay site - Page 9

spring replay site

For the discussion of infrastructure improvements and changes.

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: spring replay site

Post by Jools »

dansan wrote: I have a question: By what criterion are the two award lists sorted? Kills?
Yes.

And the two different awards are simply distinguished by isAlive=0/1, if unit is alive when game ends.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Jools wrote:lost-rose:
---------
http://wallpaperszoo.com/love-rose-wall ... ve-rose-4/
license: http://wallpaperszoo.com/about/

"We provide a variety of wallpapers such as iPhone, animals, wildlife, your favorite cricketer, favorite personality, cars and much more. Here is a collection of HD wallpapers so you can get wallpaper of your choice fluently as well as can download if you want to, because it is free to download..."
That is not a license. they only allow you to download it - not to use it as an art asset in your game nor on a web site. I have sent them an email, asking for permission to use it in both cases in icon sizes (<512 px height & width).

Edit: they already responded:
use it buddy no worries enjoy :)
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Thanks!
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Finished coding XTAwards.

Missing is a hall of fame table... Not sure it makes sense... should it be ordered by player or by unit? :D

All replays for "XTA 9.738" (67) and "XTA 9.739" (165) have already been re-parsed.
Examples:
http://replays.springrts.com/replay/51f ... 21cdf4421/
http://replays.springrts.com/replay/8c4 ... d1cdf4421/

If you wish for a different graphical style, "firebug" or "photoshop" an example.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Wow, thanks, that's just about perfect.

Yeah, about awards table: it would just be something to put at the hall of fame page. WW-1 fighter pilots kept similar high-score tables, so it was supposed to imitate that. If you, or the community, has other ideas, dont stay silent.

Yes, games are not comparable, you can inflate the score very easily by playing a game on superspeed metal (although not so easily, kills are per unit, so you need to micro; just sending a train of units at enemy will not grant you any awards). But it would be something at least.
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Hi All!
Site provide wrong information about winners/losers in the battle at current moment. You can detect right info if check TS changes, but it's not comfortable and sometimes TS has not change.
After watching the demo i cannot detect winners too, because the game writes only awards.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I have created a separate bad-winners/losers thread: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=35698
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

ATTENTION autohost owners: If you are using a dedicated account for uploading (not the one used by the autohost itself), make sure that account has at least a minute ingame time. If not it will be deleted at some point by a cleanup script of the lobby server!
(https://github.com/spring/uberserver/issues/225)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

The SLDB privacy settings page has finally been fixed.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

The replay hosts HDD was full yesterday. Some replays could not be saved - sorry!
There may be some downtime to raise disk space soon (I'll try to do it without downtime, but you never know...).
jivvz

Post by jivvz »

I noticed this replay could not be downloaded. Possibly because of the large size.

http://replays.springrts.com/replay/dc5 ... 139ef830f/

Any chance of seeing this obnoxious match?
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

jivvz wrote:I noticed this replay could not be downloaded. Possibly because of the large size.

http://replays.springrts.com/replay/dc5 ... 139ef830f/

Any chance of seeing this obnoxious match?
Hi,

the replay file was deleted together with all of 01-11'2017 to preserve disk space, but I have it in a backup.
I uploaded it, and the download from the website now works.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

The replay files for 2013, 2014 and 2014 have been deleted from the servers disk to preserve disk space.
If you need a demofile from those years, PM me.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Honestly, I would think that anything prior to 1 engine version previous would be ok to delete, imo.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Forboding Angel wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 00:42 Honestly, I would think that anything prior to 1 engine version previous would be ok to delete, imo.
I see engines 10x in use. So <100 is a safe bet.
But in this case it was just laziness (selecting by filename instead of doing a database search) :)
I guess I'll do as you suggest and make a database query, when the next engine version emerges.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well, at the end of the day, do what you think is best, ofc. I was just suggesting that thinking that it might save you the potential trouble when you can clearly state something along the lines of "Replays more than 1 engine version old will be wiped occasionally to save server disk space".
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Statistics are here!

Player stats and Team stats are now extracted from demofiles and shown with nice interactive SVG graphics.
Example: go to https://replays.springrts.com/replay/a2 ... a868f32fb/ click on the "stats" button below the map. Wait a second and enjoy. You can use the mouse to zoom! :)

If you wonder why this looks so different to those graohs ingame: I transformed the cumulative data into amount/sec (15s intervals). I felt the monotonous, cumulative graph was very meaningful. If you think a/some/all graphs should [also] exist showing cumulative data, I could show those too.

And now the problem: autohosts don't run the simulation, so they don't collect data on ingame objects :(
So if you want to see those graphs, you have to upload the demofile to the replay from your disk. The replay site will parse the new file and add the data.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

Keep the cumulative resources-produced graphs so you can show exponential economic growth (or lack thereof).
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Kloot wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 15:11 Keep the cumulative resources-produced graphs so you can show exponential economic growth (or lack thereof).
Yes - those graphs are so useless :)
Every new minute dwarfs the graph of the entire game by a magnitude.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Hmm... there is still something odd going on with the parsing (damn binary formats...). Some files from that I can extract team stats on my machine don't on the replay site... sigh...
Somehow a lot of demofile on my disk have truncated team statistics...

Return to “Infrastructure Development”