Replay site functionality

For the discussion of infrastructure improvements and changes.

Moderator: Moderators

koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

While fixing up the next incarnation of the ladder system I've realized that I probably already have most of the infos the old replay site used to show in the ladder webfrontend (or can easily get them):
  • Game/Map name
  • Playerlist ordered by time of death (initially hidden)
  • map/modoptions
  • Date/duration
What I know I'm missing is minimap (with playposition overlay?).
Please list anything else, also new requests.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Replay site functionality

Post by Licho »

Been there, did that..

http://zero-k.info/Battles

If you want that for some other mod (even on other domain) let me know.

Recorded automagically by all springie-type autohosts.

Look what url minimaps have if you want to link them.
They are stored on ZK site by internal name so it should be trivial to pair them together.

URL is like http://zero-k.info/Resources/Vittra_v1.minimap.jpg

(invalid chars replaced with _ )
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Plugging your website here really didn't answer my question, thanks.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

What is your question and is it indeed a question?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I think it's obvious that I'm asking people to add what in comparison between the old replay site and what I listed is missing.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

two easy solutions for a minimap: either use
http://api.springfiles.com/ and fetch it

or reuse the code of the backend:

https://github.com/springfiles/upq/blob ... etadata.py (its python...)
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I've indeed already implemented fetching the minimaps this way :)
There's also a pull-request on the example client you might not have been notified about.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

koshi wrote: Please list anything else, also new requests.
- Who won?
- list of spectators
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Replays probably still have some extractable statistics embedded in them (if Spring didn't crash before the end of the game). You might be able to make some pretty graphs from those :-) . (although not all of them will be relevant for all games)
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I am parsing the whole message stream anyway, to determine deaths, quits and so forth to rank the players for score updates on the ladder. Got any suggestions for a nice graphing lib? I'm currently using matplotlib for a couple of static graphs, but I'd like sth interactive that isn't flash/air. (Unless someone wants to jump in and contribute that ;-) )
knorke

Post by knorke »

random stuff:
-comments had spoiler function
-iirc replays were zipped, was bit annoying
-include endgame stats (like this tool: http://springfiles.com/spring/tools/spr ... s-viewer-0)
-would be cool if games could somehow store custom messages in the replay, and the site displays them. If the game is based on scoring it would display "player A - player B: 5-6" instead of just "player B wins"
maybe parse chat for that, would need some standard.
Licho wrote:Recorded automagically by all springie-type autohosts.
There is a "Game:" field, but what must I enter to see replays from the BA, gundam etc autohosts? Tried various spellings but none worked.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

knorke wrote:
There is a "Game:" field, but what must I enter to see replays from the BA, gundam etc autohosts? Tried various spellings but none worked.
Those games didnt want to be recorded. Previously springie was doing it for all, calculating elo for all etc, but people complained so its opt-in only now, same as juggler.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Not compressing the replays is just wasteful though. Even plain old zip takes about 70% off of the original size. Lzma does even better, but I understand that's nothing windows can commonly handle on its own?

Letting the replay carry some kind of information on how to display scores is not practical. Each ladder can have a different ranking algorithm that can even be changed after games have already been played. If there are other purposes, one could probably rely on a set prefix for chat, but wouldn't that just confuse flesh&blood players?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Licho wrote:
knorke wrote:
Those games didnt want to be recorded. Previously springie was doing it for all, calculating elo for all etc, but people complained so its opt-in only now, same as juggler.
to be fair gundam cannot be played right now anyway thanks to LOL broken. So it isn't an issue.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

koshi wrote:Not compressing the replays is just wasteful though. Even plain old zip takes about 70% off of the original size. Lzma does even better, but I understand that's nothing windows can commonly handle on its own?

Letting the replay carry some kind of information on how to display scores is not practical. Each ladder can have a different ranking algorithm that can even be changed after games have already been played. If there are other purposes, one could probably rely on a set prefix for chat, but wouldn't that just confuse flesh&blood players?
Could you filter out response triggering lines? Just filter for lines that spark a cascade of coments... :)

Return to “Infrastructure Development”