These config files can be found in the /maps/flagConfig/ folder of the main game file and consist of a table listing beacon locations in x and z coordinates.
Any map without a Config will not have Beacons therefore it is important we get configs for as many popular maps as possible. Anyone can create a config for an unsupported map and submit it to us for inclusion.
To create a config file:
- Open up one of the existing _config.lua files;
- Start a Spring game on the map you'd like to create Beacons for;
- When in-game, check the bottom-left corner and you will see two sets of co-ordinates that change as you move your mouse over the terrain. Any particular point will have an X and Z co-ordinate.
- Copy down the co-ordinates you want Beacons to be into your new profile, save it as "[Exact map name as it appears in the map list in the Lobby or Ingame]_profile.lua", for example DeltaSiegeDry_V2_profile.lua
- List Of Currently Supported Maps
- Seths_Ravine_V2 (my personal favorite)
- Tabula-v4 (Beherith's awesome retexture)