Why is the automatic host locked?

Some guys decided to attack each other with tanks and you can be one of them. /join #springtanks

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Godde

Post by Godde »

snackuser1 seems to always be locked.
knorke

Re: Why is the automatic host locked?

Post by knorke »

I wanted an autohost that only contains maps that play good with spring tanks (with preset startboxes etc) but could not get it to work.
Basically the AH does not read the config file correctly, it does not even obey the maplist.
(At least that is what I understood when Licho told me about it.)
So to avoid confusion I put a password on it because that was easier then having Licho stop the AH and start it again later.
After next update of the hosting software it will hopefully work.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Its been changed already, about 1 week ago. I patched springie the day i learned about it knorke.
knorke

Post by knorke »

advances in mah auto host \o/
Godde

Post by Godde »

Well it is still password protected.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Did not find time to further look at it yet.
Also have some plans to making setting up games easier:
ie had the idea for a system that automatically picks startpositions depending on number of players.
Startpositions would be chosen by the game (from a config file) so players do not have to worry about picking spots that are equally apart, not on cliffs and all that.
Say in a 1v1 it would use the square startpositions (red+blue)
If another player joins it would use the round startpositions (green,yellow,black)

Also before deciding on a maplist* I'll have to make some "bush configs" for the cover system for several maps etc.
*maplist is probally the main advantage of AH over manual hosting as you will know what maps do not suck.

Basically I now think until that things are done, AH makes no sense but yeah, did not get to it yet.
Sorry for clogging up battlelist in the meantime lol.
Attachments
startposeye.jpg
startposeye.jpg (119.29 KiB) Viewed 7763 times
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

you know no shame, ive been trying to bruteforce that password for hours. Its like hanging a not working clock in front of a clockmaker congress, and then wonder aloud why they diverted from the list of topics.
Now, knorke, whats your favourit colour? Favourite food. How do you call your dog/PC/Fe(male) friend?
Dont make me go social on your reallife, just to get on this autohost. After all those hours wasted, i think there must be something precious inside. After all the tame wasted was precious

PS. Same goes for smoths gundam host. bruceforce

Return to “Spring Tanks”