Do bitches know about mah Tanks? I bet no. - Page 2

Do bitches know about mah Tanks? I bet no.

Some guys decided to attack each other with tanks and you can be one of them. /join #springtanks

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

BaNa

Re: Do bitches know about mah Tanks? I bet no.

Post by BaNa »

no biggie, only old time springers use that widget, those know how to fix it.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

@knorke

I just suggested that song because I think it's a good mix of intense-actiony-music and wacky noises, not just because I think chiptunes are awesome. Kinda like Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid".
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

So did anybody actually play a bit and can give some feedback on that?
u mad ? this is spring, nobody will play this mod.

according ui or menu, i would make rest of the font looks same as title and autor ( i mean, big pixels) looks oldschool. but that might be risky
knorke

Post by knorke »

no no we just make really good marketing plan plan!

nah seriously i know:
ba = boxxy = everybody loves but not dares to admit.
This mod wont change that but w/e, it is just for fun.
Though i am quite happy about every few games that get played ;)

big pixel font is just to for lolz
showing that you can have an UI with dozen of buttons without lag or big framework, click on them. trololol chili :regret:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

nah, tbh i think little games got bigger chance to be played than 'big and serious' games.
knorke

Post by knorke »

yea it would be cool to find a niche like that.
games only last ~10 minutes and it does not matter if a player suddendly leaves because its so always ffa. so no "+1 needed for 2v2"
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

I can actually see the music of the youtube video working well with the visuals and gameplay.

Maybe include 2 music playlists into the game: badass/cutesy
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

Does Spring support the little guys having sayings yet? Because having a tank squeak a chipmunk-like "Bitches don' know bout mah flaaaaaaaaag" when a tank picks up the flag, would be awesome, in a stupid kind of way.
smoth

Post by smoth »

HectorMeyer wrote:Maybe include just this song
fix't
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

@smokingwreckage

Spring has always supported little sayings. It's just that the *A mods use OTA sounds that are just mechanical grinds and clunks. CA for a while had an infamous set of voice nonsense where even the wind generators would shout ominous and detailed threats of violence.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Pxtl wrote:@smokingwreckage

Spring has always supported little sayings. It's just that the *A mods use OTA sounds that are just mechanical grinds and clunks. CA for a while had an infamous set of voice nonsense where even the wind generators would shout ominous and detailed threats of violence.
IM FLANKING!
knorke

Post by knorke »

HAHA HA.

unit voices:
problem is that sounds repeat really stupid, if you doubleclick a unit it responds twice and then you select another unit and get a nice dronepgfrrrmprrpfrrpfff. Spring sounds = cacophony. Unless you make widget to handle voices like zK does(?)
Also cant find a full description of what actions a unit can make sounds on (like being selected, attacking etc..)

I'll add sounds for things like scoring etc though, probally some jingles or whatever.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

smoth wrote:
HectorMeyer wrote:Maybe include just this song
fix't
related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYbu5DJA1U

ofc you could just use this video, then at the end, say it was ingame footage
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

After queueing getting the flag and then moving to next point the vehicle grabs the flag and STOPS!

PS. What do you think about movable radar tower with reasonable range (not too large)?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

dont u think the biggest tank is slightly op ? it basicly rapes all other kind of tanks alone :' was first impression i had
knorke

Post by knorke »

After queueing getting the flag and then moving to next point the vehicle grabs the flag and STOPS!
ah good find. probally is, unit tries to attack the flag on its back and thus stops :roll:
similiar problem is, if you want to return a flag and put the waypoint on the base, creating a guard command. While guarding the unit keeps a bit distance to its guard-target and thus never gets near enough to score...
Guess I'll make a wudget to replace such commands with move order just delete them.
PS. What do you think about movable radar tower with reasonable range (not too large)?
I think a second unarmed unit might be a bit too much. The cars already have bigger los so are scouts kind of. I was thinking maybe giving all units a bit radar or very large line of sight? LOS so large that in combat it does not matter but no global LOS so that you can hide and sneak.
dont u think the biggest tank is slightly op?
Maybe. Others called it "useless." Thing is, it 2-shots small tanks but with 4 small ones you kill a big one easily even without micro. If you have a big one yourself and get just one hit in, you only need 2 or smalls iirc.
But since you can just spam big ones you are forced to use all units anyway. Can't just say "smalls suck, ill just play with the 2 big ones."
Also your big tank + flags were glitched on a cliff where i couldnt reach them despite me saying multiple times to start on a flat spot :wink:

But it seemed like TakTaks can sometimes selfdamge if they are very near/ramming their target so fixing that might make them a bit better next version...
also rocketlauncher power up

Also, whoever in lobby said sucide/selfd does epic damage: wat?
I tried to reproduce that but could not also couldnt find such thing in files. Both normal death explosion and selfd do 0 damage. Once I managed to do 1 or 2 damage with the flying debris...
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

My suggestion was about radar, not unit with radar. This radar can be grabbed and dropped like a flag. And can be also destroyed be enemies.
kalda341

Post by kalda341 »

knorke wrote:Image
and put your bras back on.
It could use some tweaking of the death animations so that more pieces explode and shatter instead of flying whole.
I think whole flying pieces helps players a bit to tell what unit just exploded.
I kinda like how the turrets fly off and the bouncing wheels of exploding cars also greatly amuse me 8) Agree that it could be better though, needs tweaking just like projectiles gfx.
The gameplay looks hyper-fun and I can't wait to try it.
Whenever I am online and not afk I'll play some games, just pm me. Also /join #springtanks

But there is also a Singleplayer:
It is a bit ugly but requires no setting up bots and all that stuff, just click and play.
http://springrts.com/wiki/Spring_Tanks#Playing_vs_AI
requires mappack: http://knorke.darkstars.co.uk/springtan ... ppack1.zip ~50MB
I found that vs the AI gameplay is very different though but for trying out its ok maybe.

So did anybody actually play a bit and can give some feedback on that?
Even just a report that (hopefully) everything worked (esp UI) would be nice.

/edit
just had the first non-games that were not started by my "need to test something in mp, volunteers?" but by other players. thanks guys :)
How did you make the awesome menu?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

looks like paint for me.

Return to “Spring Tanks”