SpringModEdit

SpringModEdit

Resources to get you going on your new project, or to help you over some emergent problems during your development cycle.

Moderator: Moderators

Google_Frog

SpringModEdit

Post by Google_Frog »

http://code.google.com/p/zero-k/source/ ... ingModEdit

Useful batch lua unitdef editor which has been around for a long time yet noone has explained how to use it. Licho made it so I don't know anything technical, I will just explain how I use it.

To do a batch edit
1. Start CaEdit.exe in /bin
2. Click "Mod" -> "Load", browse to select .sdd folder of required mod and click load.
3. Load a procedure
4. Click execute
5. "Mod" -> "Save"

Note that when saving it will use a certain format, not necessarily the one you had originally.

Procedures are placed in /Procedures and are simple lua scripts. There are plenty of procedures in that folder already so anyone who knows a bit of lua should be able to learn the commands and make their scripts.

Many of the examples have doPreviewOnly. For the batch edit to change anything doPreviewOnly needs to be false.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: SpringModEdit

Post by Licho »

Outdated link ? Moved to zero-k project btw..
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Oh ok, I will update the link. I didn't think you were going to move anything that wasn't actively developed.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

It is actively developed, we add procedures all the time.
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

That sounds like very helpful tool.
Sometimes I don't mange stuff that are obvious to others, so please explain: how do i download it?
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

Thanks, i got it. Apparently i had to click 'View raw file' to download.

The tool doesn't work well with my mod, though. I like to put my units in sub folders named after their faction. Spring still finds them. But it seems the mod editor doesn't. Not sure if I should sacrifice my personal tidiness preferences and ensuing oversight.

(edit: Also not sure why the post attempting to answer my question is gone. Kinda makes me look like I'm talking to my self.)
XTA Developer

Post by 8611 »

google.code link will soon go dead.
New is https://github.com/ZeroK-RTS/SpringRTS- ... ingModEdit ?
No idea if this is working or useful, could not find a manual.

Return to “Game Development Tutorials & Resources”