Spring Mod Maker - Updated! - Page 2

Spring Mod Maker - Updated!

Resources to get you going on your new project, or to help you over some emergent problems during your development cycle.

Moderator: Moderators

Tsuyosa

Re: Spring Mod Maker

Post by Tsuyosa »

Licho wrote:So why posting it in development?
Who is we?
Also, are you aware that anyone can easilly obtain full source code from the exe alone using tool like reflector? Its .net..
jeez...

well its in development because it's a tool you can use for developing stuffs, if there is a better place, i'm sorry, didn't know.

we is me and my friend, who helped me make the program (look in help->about spring mod maker, if you even downloaded the program that is :P )

And yes, i know (now), and no one is stopping you to do so.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Well, great work, Tsu, but Spring is an engine and your program can be used to make either modifications or change games.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

I suggest a move to Games and Mods subforum?

Looks good Tsu, I'll have a play with it at some point and let you know how it goes :)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Moved it
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

gj bro
Argh

Post by Argh »

Looks great, can't wait to have some time to look it over in detail :-)
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

It is about time someone did something like this, great work dude, don't mind the community they get arsey sometimes. But what they say about "TA Spring" is true, Spring runs more than just TA nowadays (arghs commerical game P.U.R.E comes to mind and kernel panic).
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

clericvash wrote:It is about time someone did something like this, great work dude, don't mind the community they get arsey sometimes. But what they say about "TA Spring" is true, Spring runs more than just TA nowadays (arghs commerical game P.U.R.E comes to mind and kernel panic).
Thanks, and im not a dude xD

How should i call the game then? Spring?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Spring, yes.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The engine is Spring, there is no central Game, hence content packages being Games if original, Mods if modifications of ported content and Total Conversions if pure ports of content.
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

Changed it. Good like this?
gaxx

Post by gaxx »

Hello. I've been trying out your program a bit and ran into an error early on. When I edit an existing unit, close the unit editing window, and then try to open it again later, I get this message:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Double' to type 'System.Double[]'

If I continue, the editing window opens, but most of the tabs do not show up. Usually it's just the 'general' tab. Sometimes I get a few other tabs as well, but they are usually empty.

If I clone an existing unit, I get the same error.

As a side note, I did get the Mod Maker to create a working mod with the 1 default unit. I was able to zip a game and run it to the "you won" screen. I just can't edit any new units.

EDIT: An Astrix shows shows up by broken files. Not just units, but any file modified from the default after being created initially. The program seems to recognize broken files that way before I open them.
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

gaxx wrote:Hello. I've been trying out your program a bit and ran into an error early on. When I edit an existing unit, close the unit editing window, and then try to open it again later, I get this message:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Double' to type 'System.Double[]'
gaxx wrote:EDIT: An Astrix shows shows up by broken files. Not just units, but any file modified from the default after being created initially. The program seems to recognize broken files that way before I open them.
What do you mean exactly?
gaxx

Post by gaxx »

Almost any change to any value makes it impossible to edit a unit or weapon again. changes to cost, HP, builder status, and movement all caused this glitch. If I remember correctly, the only change I ever made which did not cause the glitch was to build time, and I only changed the value by 1.

To clarify what I meant about the Astrix: I made a unit called unit1, then I edited it. When I was done editing it, it was called "Unit1*". Whenever the glitch occurs, that * appears at the end of the name of the unit or weapon which has been corrupted. When I go to rename the unit, the * disappears. When I am finished renaming, the * reappears. If I add a * to the end of the name myself, there are two *'s (one that I added and the original one of unknown purpose.)

As a side note, the * are no longer showing up on old broken units this morning, but those units are still broken.
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

gaxx wrote:Almost any change to any value makes it impossible to edit a unit or weapon again. changes to cost, HP, builder status, and movement all caused this glitch. If I remember correctly, the only change I ever made which did not cause the glitch was to build time, and I only changed the value by 1.

To clarify what I meant about the Astrix: I made a unit called unit1, then I edited it. When I was done editing it, it was called "Unit1*". Whenever the glitch occurs, that * appears at the end of the name of the unit or weapon which has been corrupted. When I go to rename the unit, the * disappears. When I am finished renaming, the * reappears. If I add a * to the end of the name myself, there are two *'s (one that I added and the original one of unknown purpose.)

As a side note, the * are no longer showing up on old broken units this morning, but those units are still broken.
I found the glitch and i corrected it, thanks. I will most likely upload it tomorrow.

The * is to indicate a changed file, nothing to worry about really. I'm sure you have seen it in many other editors aswell
gaxx

Post by gaxx »

w00t
Can't wait.
Tsuyosa

Post by Tsuyosa »

Hey,

I tried to edit the upload in jobjol, when i change the settings, it says it has been done succesfully. However, when i check, the changes are not there...

How come? Can someone help me with this.

Tsu.
Valence

Post by Valence »

Hi Tsu,

I was waiting for someone who might be better able to help you to come and provide an answer. However it seems that maybe your post has been overlooked for the moment.

Have you tried using a different browser to connect and upload the file? I have seen several files updated by their authors successfully over the past several days so I know there must be a way. I am interested in trying the update to your program and I am willing to bet that others are as well. Thank you for your efforts.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Jobjol doesn't work with some special characters in the description/name, try it without ( ) [ ], ect.
Gedanken

Post by Gedanken »

This is excellent I can't wait to try the fixed version and see further work on this. Nice!

Return to “Game Development Tutorials & Resources”