alt skins.

alt skins.

Flexible tactical mechanized warfare of the future, spearheaded by role-differentiated Engines Of War!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

smoth

alt skins.

Post by smoth »

sean wanted some greybrownreal skins

(click for larger)
http://www.smoth.net/files/eowaltskins.zip
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Re: alt skins.

Post by SeanHeron »

Not got round to get them ingame myself yet. But they're going to be in this Saturday's version (only 4 will be playable atm though).
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Smoth, make different camo patterns! Like CoD hot pink camo, and blue pretend I blend with urban colors camo,,,
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

noes, they takin mai racing cars ;_;
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I could make those magic camo patterns.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Nope because unless wolf give a clarification these textures are unusable.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

well technically 3 of the 4 textures wolf did. the knight stabby one I don't think he did. but yeah you should definitely ask him before making a million abomination skins.

The illusion of choice always seems to be appealing for plays who try and personalize their player character's or arsenal.
kalda341

Post by kalda341 »

Wow... Did you use gimp for that? Where did you get your awesome patterns?
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

I don't think the negative tone is warranted bob - any blame for stuff having gone awry can be placed squarely on my shoulders. Since it's me that's managing the game atm, and I had been in contact with/ talking to smoth about making the alternate skins, it was also my fault for not having gotten in contact with Wolf sooner.

Edit: Well as Bob stated, the knight (in both variations) is certainly still usable (kudos to bob here for releasing under a liberal licence). And the Spherebot derived Helios, I'm not sure, but since Zero-K has a number of derivatives as well, I'd assumed it'd be ok at least for the time-being. If I understood Wolf-In-Exile correctly though, I think he'd prefer us not to use it long term.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

I wasn't commenting in an unusually negative tone, just my normal character. I wasn't blaming any one for anything.
I don't think Wolf has any problems with you using his original skins on those models 'long term', but he seems to have issues with people re-using his skins in unlimited derivative forms from his work.
edit: didn't see his post. but that clarifies some things up a bit
smoth

Post by smoth »

glad to see I am the bad guy here.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

smoth wrote:glad to see I am the bad guy here.
Uh... no you're not?
smoth

Post by smoth »

from wolf's thread wrote:
bobthedinosaur wrote:Sean, you can still use his textures. It would be a shame and a waste not to! You just have to coordinate with him any modifications so his work is not altered /botched with out his consent.
Just seems like the implication was that I degraded the work instead of improving it.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Smoth: I never said you were botching anything (your works looks great to me). I was actually referring to wolf's other skin (the sphere bot) that he expressed to me was over used by some games.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I agree it is over used and I have tried to ask him several times but have gotten no response on if he feels I violated his work. Honestly, it was not my intent. I was just trying to clean it up and make it a little crisper so I could make out all the details he put into the guys.
Wolf-In-Exile

Post by Wolf-In-Exile »

If my posts and PMs were not clear about the spherebot, it is part of CA, so you may modify it as you like.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Anything new on the plans for replacing the old skins that have rights issues? I can probably throw together a new skin on the ballista and change the model around so it is not so similar to the Japanese's mech IP. Although I don't think that any particular company is actively running that particular design, since it was kind of original morphing of a Battletech concept (not artistic) with a Japanese anime style.

That is if the EoW project is still being worked on and I am not waisting my time.

I also have skins for the knight and sniper that we originally done by me, if there are issues with wolf's versions (although his are superior).

Return to “Engines Of War”