Playtest games - postponed for the moment! - Page 2

Playtest games - postponed for the moment!

Flexible tactical mechanized warfare of the future, spearheaded by role-differentiated Engines Of War!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Re: Playtest games - every Sunday

Post by SeanHeron »

I'm too lazy.

Anyway, new version is up! Changelog later (even if it's short). I'm in a rush atm.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

can i request that you package the lups file with the mod, so that i just have 2 download and double click and i'am all set.....since i'am have troble setting up the lups file again.....

thx
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

ah, sorry to hear :/. Just PM me or join the #enginesofwar channel if your having trouble next time.

Can't promise if I'll Repackage next week, but it's a common request, so I'll try to do so.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

SeanHeron wrote:ah, sorry to hear :/. Just PM me or join the #enginesofwar channel if your having trouble next time.

Can't promise if I'll Repackage next week, but it's a common request, so I'll try to do so.
just a thought but....

in the long run when you will be(well you should be) marketing the game to dota fans outiside of spring, makeing installation as accessible as possible might be a good idea.....if normal springe players have trouble, i can't imagin how outsiders well deal with it

is the problem tecnical????like you can only make it work as a seperate file???
Last edited by nightcold on 07 Mar 2011, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

mutators should help a bit
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

@nightcold: No, if I'm honest, it's more related to this:
SeanHeron wrote:I'm too lazy.
I think I was hoping to tidy it up /look to use a more up to date version before dumping it into the main game file.

Regarding installation/ accessibility - we actually have the game set up as a portable install in the repository, and we did hope to release a proper installer, when/if we get round to doing so on indiedb. As you say, there's about a snowball's chance in hell of a "non-Springer" getting the game running atm :P.
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Re: Playtest games - postponed for the moment!

Post by SeanHeron »

Doublepost to bump - As we already have an impressive backlog of bugs to fix and features to include, we'll be skipping the next few weeks playtest games. Thanks for all the feedback so far, it's definitely been very valuable! (and thanks for giving us some fun playing the game :-), that was nice also).

As stated elsewhere, development might be a bit slower over the next weeks / month or two, but I don't mean to let things fall asleep altogether. Sorry to anyone that hadn't made it round to a testgame yet (thinking of you here nightcold).
Echo419

Post by Echo419 »

i think someone should still host get togethers each sunday, it makes for good games.

It also attracts alot more attention to the mod.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

@SeanHeron, thx for ur consideration of me(but i'am sure i can get some of the nota people 2 try a game with me if i can get things set up)
will u guys just stop the player testing for a while or u guys are gana slow things down???

@Echo419, if i can get the game set up i would love to join u guys....building/maintaining a player base is imo important
Alter-Heide

Post by Alter-Heide »

Hi nightcold,

I'm the second developer of Engines, and of course we would like see people playing and testing our game. The current links to the game are still availiable at the beginning of this thread. Hosting is not that difficult, but if you have problems feel free to ask. I can also try to help you, if Sean has no time.

Nevertheless we cannot organize test games in the next weeks, like Sean already wrote. Dealing with new feedback will perhaps also take a while.

Greets,

Alter-Heide
smoth

Post by smoth »

been over a month..
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i fail at organizing games :( nubs prefer dsd. even joining with 5 smurfs and saying 'need 1 more!' doesnt work. halp !

Return to “Engines Of War”