Mac Binary Release - Page 9

Mac Binary Release

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

elio

Post by elio »

can I have more details on the crash?
icd

Post by icd »

elio wrote:can I have more details on the crash?
Start a game and try to select an AI such as "Economy" or "Central build" and I'll get a "This Application has closed unexpectedly" dialog and the following message on the console:

Code: Select all

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN8IGroupAID2Ev
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/CentralBuildAI.dylib
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN8IGroupAID2Ev
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/CentralBuildAI.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
macroscian:/Applications/Games ian$ SpringRTS.app/Contents/MacOS/SpringRTS 
/Applications/Games/SpringRTS.app/data
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN8IGroupAID2Ev
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/EconomyAI.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN8IGroupAID2Ev
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/SpringRTS.app/data/AI/Helper-libs/EconomyAI.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Econoym AI references another groupAI which has since been renamed causing crashes
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

AF wrote:Econoym AI references another groupAI which has since been renamed causing crashes
Is there a fix for this by the way? It's been bugging me that now that it is smart enough to not cluster all your stuff that it crashes every time instead so it is still unusable.
elio

Post by elio »

Econoym AI references another groupAI which has since been renamed causing crashes
I fixed that problem much earlier; seems to not be finding IGroupAI symbol...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

On the contrary the economy AI is poor. It would need an immense amount of work to get it to the standard people expect of it.
elio

Post by elio »

sure, it is pretty poor, to be polite, in doing its job, but it doesn't crash though.
Drewstre

Newb wants to play

Post by Drewstre »

Hiya-
Longtime TA fan here, just heard about the Spring project via Dan's Data. I would very much like to play, as the movies and screenshots look great.

iMac G4 1.0 GHz, 768 RAM, 10.4.8

I cannot get the game to run at all. I've followed this thread, and downloaded both the build 0.7gU and the 0.78eU Patch, and the map and mod indicated earlier in this thread. Launching any of them results in a crash. It is likely a result of my misunderstanding. I would very much like to assist in any troubleshooting, but I cannot be of much help if I cannot run it at all.

I can provide crash logs and screenshots and whatnot. Is there a "Spring for Dummies" available?

Thanks,
Drewstre
elio

Post by elio »

I can provide crash logs and screenshots and whatnot.
that would be useful.

though you shouldn't expect it to run too well (at all) with less than 1gb ram with only 1ghz g4
Drewstre

log

Post by Drewstre »

Hiya-
Yeah, I kinda thought the old G4 box would be a hindrance. A new Mac purchase is imminent, I'm just waiting to see if the rumors of a redesigned Pro box have any teeth. A lot of games still run acceptably well, when given the option to reduce some of the eye candy.

I have been trying to post screenshots and logs of the crash but it keeps telling me that I can't post "hyperlinks or email addresses", no matter what I try.

I need help posting my help post, so you can hopefully post help...

Thanks,
Drewstre
elio

Post by elio »

spam protection :roll:

just email me.
Erom

Post by Erom »

I gave this a shot today, and it seems to work pretty well, with a few unfortunate glitches.

My system:
10.4.9, 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 1gb ram, 128mb Radeon X1600

Report:
I was able to launch the game, and once in game all things operated normally (could issue orders, build stuff, anything). But there are 3 issues... I'll edit this post once I get screenshots.

Issue 1: During map loading, symbols appear heavily pixelated over the entire screen. The symbols are the same regardless of mod. They are, in this order, an O, a blank white screen, another O, a large diamond, and another O. This seems to be a minor problem, since everything still loads fine.

Issue 2: No buildpics. I tried EE, nano, star wars spring. Same issue.

Issue 3: Many items are missing from construction bots build lists. For example in EE, there are no factories, only the water shipyards. In SW:S, the droid plant can only build two units, and the barracks can not build the second tier builder or the regular stormtrooper. So something is up here.

All in all, I'd say this is an incredibly awesome thing, and you are doing an amazing job. I know you don't have a macintel to test on yet, so I won't hold my breath, but I'll try to get you more info on the problems I'm having.

PS - it also throws warnings about AI dlls having incorrect versions, bt I assume this is minor. They seems to all be helper dlls, ReportIdleAI.dylib, SimpleFormation.dylib, ect.
elio

Post by elio »

Hello
Issue 1: During map loading, symbols appear heavily pixelated over the entire screen. The symbols are the same regardless of mod. They are, in this order, an O, a blank white screen, another O, a large diamond, and another O. This seems to be a minor problem, since everything still loads fine.
I don't get this; screenshot would be great
Issue 2: No buildpics. I tried EE, nano, star wars spring. Same issue.
Have you properly applied the patches?
Issue 3: Many items are missing from construction bots build lists. For example in EE, there are no factories, only the water shipyards. In SW:S, the droid plant can only build two units, and the barracks can not build the second tier builder or the regular stormtrooper. So something is up here.
same as above.

I think the incorrect AI things sound like bad patching/none at all.

If I can pull enough money together to pay for uploading an updated complete build I will asap (7.50$ for 30 mins is shit, uploading speed's horrendous). Currently in sync with the svn version fine.

Thanks for the info! ^.^

ETA: Is there someone in brisbane, aust I can post a cd to, to upload?
Last edited by elio on 24 Mar 2007, 04:37, edited 2 times in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If I can pull enough money together to pay for uploading an updated complete build I will asap. Currently in sync with the svn version fine.
iamacup ftw
elio

Post by elio »

iamacup ftw
pardon?
icd

Post by icd »

elio wrote:If I can pull enough money together to pay for uploading an updated complete build I will asap (7.50$ for 30 mins is shit, uploading speed's horrendous). Currently in sync with the svn version fine.

Thanks for the info! ^.^

ETA: Is there someone in brisbane, aust I can post a cd to, to upload?
I'm in Melbourne and I can upload whatever you want.

What kind of access cost $7.50 for 30 minutes??
elio

Post by elio »

I'm in a residential estate thingy; as much as they say they'll provide access for a net connection as part of the rent, stupid thing is that it's contracted out to some dodgy isp redistributer that limits TCP connections to 45 seconds max. If you want a longer connection sessions (for d/ls tcp game, u/l anything really), it's $7.50 for up to 30 mins, and uploads are so slow.. Wish I knew that before I signed the lease.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Surely you can just pay for your own Internet and save money?

You could always try something like filezilla+pause/resume.
elio

Post by elio »

Surely you can just pay for your own Internet and save money?
The lease wont let me >< (till wireless gets to this area, which will hopefully not be much longer). but pause an resume for every 45 seconds? maybe if the upload speed was any better├óÔé¼┬ª
icd

Post by icd »

That's outrageously expensive.

I can send you a stamped self-addressed CD envelope if you like.

Return to “Mac OS X”