MacOS Buildbot failure

MacOS Buildbot failure

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterBel2

MacOS Buildbot failure

Post by MasterBel2 »

Latest MacOS build (build 1837) attempt produced a new error (actually two):

Code: Select all

In file included from ../../rts/Lua/LuaShaders.h:9:0,
                 from ../../rts/Lua/LuaContextData.h:9,
                 from ../../rts/Lua/LuaHandle.h:9,
                 from ../../rts/lib/lua/include/LuaUser.cpp:10:
../../rts/Rendering/GL/myGL.h:16:22: fatal error: GL/glew.h: No such file or directory
  #include <GL/glew.h>
                      ^

In file included from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/aux_/config/msvc.hpp:19:0,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/aux_/config/adl.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/aux_/adl_barrier.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/bool_fwd.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/bool.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/not.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/mpl/assert.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/geometry/core/closure.hpp:22,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/geometry/geometry.hpp:25,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/geometry.hpp:17,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/circuit/resource/MetalData.h:13,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/circuit/resource/MetalManager.h:11,
                 from ../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/circuit/CircuitAI.cpp:14:
../../AI/Skirmish/CircuitAI/src/lib/boost/config.hpp:57:33: fatal error: boost/config/platform/macos.hpp: No such file or directory
 #  include BOOST_PLATFORM_CONFIG
                                 ^
((Full log))

Previously: (from build 1836)

In file included from ../../rts/Sim/Objects/SolidObject.h:8:0,
                 from ../../rts/Sim/Features/Feature.h:11,
                 from ../../rts/Lua/LuaUtils.h:17,
                 from ../../rts/Lua/LuaConstEngine.cpp:5:
../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h: In member function 'void S3DModel::BindVertexArray() const':
../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h:262:62: error: 'glBindVertexArray' was not declared in this scope
  void BindVertexArray() const { glBindVertexArray(vertexArray); }
                                                              ^
../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h: In member function 'void S3DModel::UnbindVertexArray() const':
../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h:265:54: error: 'glBindVertexArray' was not declared in this scope
  void UnbindVertexArray() const { glBindVertexArray(0); }
                                                      ^
I'll see if I can find time to work out what's going on with the new errors, and see if I can get it back to hitting the old one .-.

~MasterBel2
MasterBel2

Re: MacOS Buildbot failure

Post by MasterBel2 »

Thanks for the attempted fix, but the issue doesn't seem to have been solved?

In file included from ../../rts/Lua/LuaShaders.h:9:0,
                 from ../../rts/Lua/LuaContextData.h:9,
                 from ../../rts/Lua/LuaHandle.h:9,
                 from ../../rts/lib/lua/include/LuaUser.cpp:10:
../../rts/Rendering/GL/myGL.h:17:27: fatal error: OpenGL/glew.h: No such file or directory
   #include <OpenGL/glew.h>
                           ^
I'm setting up a build env to see what I can work out.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

https://github.com/spring/spring/commit ... 26b4921fd1 appears to have been what broke the build. Reverted the commit locally and #include <GL/glew.h> works fine. I don't understand what the attempted commits were. I'm sure I've installed all the dependencies but there doesn't actually exist a file OpenGL/glew.h on my machine. GL/glew.h does. .-.

Apparently the change was a fix for this, so just straight reverting isn't an option?

Also, it seems that CircuitAI does not support Mac, and therefore including it in the engine (at this point) prevents a successful compile. These are the files that need to be included in Circuit:

boost/config/platform/macos.hpp
boost/config/detail/posix_features.hpp

So they're the two latest introduced errors. Hehe.

That brings us to this error:

In file included from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Sim/Objects/SolidObject.h:8:0,
                 from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Sim/Features/Feature.h:11,
                 from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/Lua/LuaUtils.h:17,
                 from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/Lua/LuaConstEngine.cpp:5:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h: In member function 'void S3DModel::BindVertexArray() const':
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h:262:33: error: 'glBindVertexArray' was not declared in this scope
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h:262:33: note: suggested alternative: 'BindVertexArray'
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                 BindVertexArray
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h: In member function 'void S3DModel::UnbindVertexArray() const':
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h:265:35: error: 'glBindVertexArray' was not declared in this scope
                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/tools/unitsync/../../rts/Rendering/Models/3DModel.h:265:35: note: suggested alternative: 'BindVertexArray'
                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please, does anyone have any idea what causes that and what can be done to resolve it??? Master and Maintenance compile last time I checked, but develop doesn't due to this issue. And I believe it's all that's standing in the way from having successful MacOS builds of the develop branch! So please, can I have help to resolve this?
Last edited by MasterBel2 on 12 Aug 2018, 06:00, edited 2 times in total.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

o.0 I commented out the two lines throwing errors in 3DModel.cpp and the compile made it to 95%!! So apparently doing so didn't break anything? But I still have no idea why it was complaining because glew.h is definitely included, and definitely declares glBindVertexArray … I think. (How else does it build for win/linux?) How obvious is it that I have no idea what I'm doing?

But now I get this.

In file included from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:11:0:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp: In function 'bool HaveAddr2Line()':
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp:180:19: error: 'ADDR2LINE' was not declared in this scope
   FILE* f = popen(ADDR2LINE " --help", "r");
                   ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp:27:0,
                 from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:11:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp: In function 'void TranslateStackTrace(bool*, StackTrace&, int)':
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:180:113: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 6 has type 'void*' [-Wformat=]
 #define _LOG_RECORD(section, level, fmt, ...)   log_frontend_record(LOG_LEVE##level, section, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                                                                                                                 ^
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:183:88: note: in expansion of macro '_LOG_RECORD'
 #define _LOG_FILTER(section, level, fmt, ...) if (_LOG_IS_ENABLED_LEVEL_STATIC(level)) _LOG_RECORD(section, level, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                                                                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:186:50: note: in expansion of macro '_LOG_FILTER'
 #define _LOG_SECTION(section, level, fmt, ...)   _LOG_FILTER(section, level, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:189:49: note: in expansion of macro '_LOG_SECTION'
 #define _LOG_SECTION_DEFINED(level, fmt, ...)   _LOG_SECTION(LOG_SECTION_CURRENT, level, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:192:33: note: in expansion of macro '_LOG_SECTION_DEFINED'
 #define _LOG(level, fmt, ...)   _LOG_SECTION_DEFINED(level, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:319:2: note: in expansion of macro '_LOG'
  _LOG(level, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
  ^~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:47:3: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_L'
   LOG_L(L_DEBUG, "symbol = \"%s\", path = \"%s\", addr = 0x%lx", it->symbol.c_str(), path, it->ip);
   ^~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:74:4: error: 'StackFunction' was not declared in this scope
    StackFunction entry;
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:74:4: note: suggested alternative: 'StackEntry'
    StackFunction entry;
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    StackEntry
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:75:4: error: 'entry' was not declared in this scope
    entry.funcname = it->symbol;
    ^~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:75:4: note: suggested alternative: '__try'
    entry.funcname = it->symbol;
    ^~~~~
    __try
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:95:8: error: 'queue' is not a member of 'std'
   std::queue<size_t> indices;
        ^~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:95:20: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
                    ^
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:95:22: error: 'indices' was not declared in this scope
                      ^~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:95:22: note: suggested alternative: 'nice'
                      ^~~~~~~
                      nice
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:112:11: error: 'fgets_addr2line' was not declared in this scope
    while (fgets_addr2line(line, maxLength, cmdOut) != NULL) {
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:112:11: note: suggested alternative: 'fgetattrlist'
    while (fgets_addr2line(line, maxLength, cmdOut) != NULL) {
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
           fgetattrlist
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:116:5: error: 'StackFunction' was not declared in this scope
     StackFunction entry;
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:116:5: note: suggested alternative: 'StackEntry'
     StackFunction entry;
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
     StackEntry
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:117:5: error: 'entry' was not declared in this scope
     entry.funcname = std::string(line);
     ^~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:117:5: note: suggested alternative: '__try'
     entry.funcname = std::string(line);
     ^~~~~
     __try
In file included from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:11:0:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp: At global scope:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp:77:13: warning: 'void TranslateStackTrace(StackTrace&, int)' used but never defined
 static void TranslateStackTrace(StackTrace& stacktrace, const int logLevel);
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
((Would it help at all for me to post the full compile log?))

Hmm…

fix "error: 'ADDR2LINE' was not declared in this scope" by moving #define ADDR2LINE "atos" to before #include "System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp"?

It also appears that the Linux/CrashHandler.cpp has been rebuilt, removing the struct StackFunction which Mac/CrashHandler.cpp depended on. I tried to look into fixing the problem but have so far failed spectacularly. Anyone else wanna have a go? .-.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

Thanks for the CrashHandler.cpp fixes, but there are some more issues.

Firstly, https://github.com/spring/spring/blob/d ... er.cpp#L22 is missing a brace.

Secondly:

/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:111:35: error: 'it' was not declared in this scope
   const std::string& modulePath = it->second;
                                   ^~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:111:35: note: suggested alternative: 'int'
   const std::string& modulePath = it->second;
                                   ^~
                                   int
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:144:11: error: 'fgets_addr2line' was not declared in this scope
    while (fgets_addr2line(line, sizeof(line), cmdOut) != nullptr) {
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:144:11: note: suggested alternative: 'fgetattrlist'
    while (fgets_addr2line(line, sizeof(line), cmdOut) != nullptr) {
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
           fgetattrlist
In file included from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp:26:0,
                 from /Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:11:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp: In function 'void LogStacktrace(int, StackTrace&)':
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Mac/CrashHandler.cpp:169:46: error: 'const struct StackEntry' has no member named 'level'
    LOG_I(logLevel, "[%02u]   %s", stackEntry.level, stackEntry.funcname.c_str());
                                              ^
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Log/ILog.h:359:58: note: in definition of macro 'LOG_I'
   log_frontend_record(level, LOG_SECTION_CURRENT, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__); \
                                                          ^~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp: At global scope:
/Users/derekbel/Spring/Sources/spring/rts/System/Platform/Linux/CrashHandler.cpp:80:13: warning: 'void TranslateStackTrace(StackTrace&, int)' used but never defined
 static void TranslateStackTrace(StackTrace& stacktrace, const int logLevel);
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interesting that it has a problem with line 110, but not line 118. (my error log line numbers are out by 1 due to an accidental line break insertion, oops.)
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Been a while since I looked at this.

Curious about this error:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "TranslateStackTrace(std::vector<StackFrame, std::allocator<StackFrame> >&, int)", referenced from:
      CrashHandler::Stacktrace(_opaque_pthread_t**, char const*, int) [clone .isra.107] in CrashHandler.cpp.o
      CrashHandler::SuspendedStacktrace(Threading::ThreadControls*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) in CrashHandler.cpp.o
      CrashHandler::HaltedStacktrace(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, __siginfo*, __darwin_ucontext*) in CrashHandler.cpp.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [spring] Error 1
make[2]: *** [rts/builds/legacy/CMakeFiles/engine-legacy.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [rts/builds/CMakeFiles/spring.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [spring] Error 2
That thing about GL. I misread the log. The error was actually still there. *facepalm*
Attachments
compilelog.txt
(438.63 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by MasterBel on 16 Oct 2018, 00:31, edited 5 times in total.
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Oh, and @person in charge of buildbot, gcc seems dead. (Hence the builds mentioned above were done on my laptop)

"g++-6: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6 (program cc1plus)"
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Never mind the post 2 above.

Buildbot is still dead. So is Spring. But at least this time, it was alive for a moment.

Using writeable configuration source: "/Users/derekbel/Documents/Spring/Builds/spring/springsettings.cfg"
LogOutput initialized. Logging to /Users/derekbel/Documents/Spring/Builds/spring/infolog.txt
============== <Log Sections> ==============
  Available:
    ArchiveScanner
    AutohostInterface
    BumpWater
    CSMFGroundTextures
    CrashHandler
    CregSerializer
    DecalsDrawerGL4
    FarTextureHandler
    Font
    GameServer
    GroundMoveType
    KeyBindings
    LuaSocket
    Model
    Net
    Path
    Piece
    RoamMeshDrawer
    Shader
    SkyBox
    Sound
    Texture
    VFS
  Enabled:
    Sound (Notice)

Enable or disable log sections using the LogSections configuration key
  or the SPRING_LOG_SECTIONS environment variable (both comma separated).
  Use "none" to disable the default log sections.
============== </Log Sections> ==============

============== <User Config> ==============
  FontFile = /Users/derekbel/SpringSources/spring/cont/fonts/FreeSansBold.otf
  SmallFontFile = /Users/derekbel/SpringSources/spring/cont/fonts/FreeSansBold.otf
  SpringData = /Users/derekbel/Documents/Spring/Builds/spring:/Users/derekbel/SpringSources/spring/cont
============== </User Config> ==============

============== <User System> ==============
  Spring 104.0.1-1222-g16c16b1 develop
    Build Environment: boost-unknown, unknown stdlib
     Compiler Version: gcc-8.2.0
     Operating System: Darwin 17.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Wed Sep 19 21:20:59 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.8~4/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
     Binary Word Size: 64-bit (native)
     Deque Chunk Size: 640
        Process Clock: std::chrono::high_resolution_clock
   Physical CPU Cores: 1
    Logical CPU Cores: 4
============== </User System> ==============

[good_fpu_init] CPU SSE mask: 127, flags:
	SSE 1.0:  1,  SSE 2.0:  1
	SSE 3.0:  1, SSSE 3.0:  1
	SSE 4.1:  1,  SSE 4.2:  1
	SSE 4.0A: 0,  SSE 5.0A: 0
	using streflop SSE FP-math mode, CPU supports SSE instructions
[WatchDogInstall] Installed (HangTimeout: 10sec)
[WatchDog::RegisterThread] registering controls for thread [main]
[GL::CheckAvailableVideoModes] desktop={1680x1050x32bpp@60Hz} current={1680x1050x32bpp@60Hz}
	display=1 modes=12 bounds={x=0, y=0, w=1680, h=1050}
		[ 1] 2880x1800x32bpp@60Hz
		[ 2] 2560x1600x32bpp@60Hz
		[ 3] 2048x1280x32bpp@60Hz
		[ 4] 1680x1050x32bpp@60Hz
		[ 6] 1440x900x32bpp@60Hz
		[ 7] 1280x800x32bpp@60Hz
		[ 8] 1152x720x32bpp@60Hz
[GR::CreateSDLWindow] using 0x anti-aliasing and 24-bit depth-buffer (PF="SDL_PIXELFORMAT_ARGB8888") for main window
[GR::CreateSDLWindow] using 0x anti-aliasing and 24-bit depth-buffer (PF="SDL_PIXELFORMAT_ARGB8888") for hidden window
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL2.0 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL2.0 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL2.1 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL2.1 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL3.0 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL3.0 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL3.1 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL3.1 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL3.2 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL3.2 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL3.3 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL3.3 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL4.0 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.0 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] created main GL4.1 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.1 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.2 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.2 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.3 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.3 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.4 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.4 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.5 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.5 compatibility-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.6 core-context
Warning: [GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL4.6 compatibility-context
[WatchDog::DeregisterThread] deregistering controls for thread [main]
Error: [ExitSpringProcess] errorMsg="[GR::CreateGLContext] error ("Failed creating OpenGL context at version requested") creating main GL3.0 compatibility-context" msgCaption="ERROR" mainThread=1
Error: [Watchdog::ClearTimer(id)] Invalid thread 4 (_threadId=0x0)
[SpringApp::Kill][1] fromRun=0
[ThreadPool::SetThreadCount][1] wanted=0 current=1 maximum=1 (init=1)
	[async=0] threads=1 tasks=0 {sum,avg}{exec,wait}time={{0.000, 0.000}, {0.000, 0.000}}ms
	[async=1] threads=1 tasks=0 {sum,avg}{exec,wait}time={{0.000, 0.000}, {0.000, 0.000}}ms
[ThreadPool::SetThreadCount][2] workers=0
[SpringApp::Kill][2]
[Info] /Users/derekbel/SpringSources/spring/tools/pr-downloader/src/FileSystem/FileSystem.cpp:194:setWritePath():Using filesystem-writepath: /Users/derekbel/Documents/Spring/Builds/spring
[Info] /Users/derekbel/SpringSources/spring/tools/pr-downloader/src/pr-downloader.cpp:173:DownloadSetConfig():Free disk space: 8747 MB
[SpringApp::Kill][3]
[SpringApp::Kill][4] font=0x0
[SpringApp::Kill][5]
[SpringApp::Kill][6]
[SpringApp::Kill][7]
[SpringApp::Kill][8]
Error: [Watchdog::DeregisterThread] Invalid thread number 0
[WatchDog::Uninstall][1] hangDetectorThread=0x148969328 (joinable=1)
[WatchDog::Uninstall][2]
[WatchDog::Uninstall][3]
[SpringApp::Kill][9]
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...14 completed.

[Process completed]
2 changes:
(in include/GL/glewstub.h:)
#include <OpenGL/gl.h> -> #include <OpenGL/gl3.h>
(in rts/Rendering/GL/myGL.h:)
#include <OpenGL/glew.h> -> #include <GL/glew.h>

So I can run the engine, but it still crashes because it's still trying to create a gl3 compatability context. But at least I can run it! :)

From the research I've done, I think that in glewstub.h, if gl3.h is used, gl3ext.h needs to be used instead of glext.h. I haven't tested this yet.

EDIT: confirmed that build is sound and Spring runs (and crashes! ;) ) with gl3ext.h instead of glext.h
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

try to set

ForceCoreContext = 1
GLContextMajorVersion = 4
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

That works, but then I run into some validation errors further down GlobalRendering.h (or was it cpp?) e.g. testing GL2's PBOs. (Or something like that.) I don't have the logs with me this instant, but I was planning to look at it a bit more after I get my uni assignments in. I'll get back to this.
TurBoss
Jauria RTS Developer

Post by TurBoss »

MasterBel wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 15:00 Oh, and @person in charge of buildbot, gcc seems dead. (Hence the builds mentioned above were done on my laptop)

"g++-6: internal compiler error: Abort trap: 6 (program cc1plus)"
Thanks I opened a pull request for the fix
https://github.com/spring/spring/pull/409
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@TurBoss: can you please clean the builddir?

at least CMakeCache.txt has to be removed, so the new settings applies.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

<Mindread>
"clean the build bot, sb clogged the pipe, Doit turbos they say, always making me work, clogging the bot with their lousy commits. Golumngolem..," </Mindread>
TurBoss
Jauria RTS Developer

Post by TurBoss »

abma wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 11:20 @TurBoss: can you please clean the builddir?

at least CMakeCache.txt has to be removed, so the new settings applies.
done
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

There are dirty dishes in the sink turbos

Return to “Mac OS X”