Can't start a game

Can't start a game

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

coollemon

Can't start a game

Post by coollemon »

The game starts up perfect. But when I get to the "Start Game"-key and i press it, nothingh happens. I was really looking forward to playing it! I enjoyed plaing Total Annihilation when I was younger, hoped to relive those moments of glory on he battlefield :p

My specs are: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3; AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB; Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Thanks in advance! :)
MasterBel2

Re: Can't start a game

Post by MasterBel2 »

No error message? What lobby are you using? Which engine version? Which game/mod? Once we have that information helping you will be easier.

On a side note, just an overview of the different TA-like mods, just so you know about them. Balanced Annihilation (BA) is the most commonly played, and most like original Total Annihilation (OTA). It's a fairly mature game, but balance changes over the years mean it is a little bit different from OTA.

Tech Annihilation (TA) is the next most commonly played, and has some changes to the tech tree to make it… may I say a much more scalable battle, with much larger mechs and higher unit variety. Imo it's not as balanced or mature as BA.

XTA and NOTA are also OTA based, but have some larger changes -> NOTA has a different commander system, and a very different gameplay. Good to try though. Not too many people play it.

XTA has no t3 (the biggest mechs) but has slightly different metal/energy mechanics and every constructor can build every lab. I haven't played much, but no one plays it much.

Have fun and welcome to the Spring community, hope we can get you playing soon!

Return to “Mac OS X”