Shader error in Map Edge widget

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

The widget shows some errors in the OSX build (latest, for El Capitan) and doesn't darkens out its area as it should. The LOS widget darkens the game area properly so I assume that's not a limitation of the platform. I've tried tweaking some settings in the LUA script, like UseShader, to no avail. Any hints of what could be causing this?
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 17.29.10.png
(2.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Beherith

Re: Shader error in Map Edge widget

Post by Beherith »

Could you try it with this version, I updated it, but havent tested it yet because at work pc.

http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balates ... ension.lua
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

with linux OS drivers i get this after the most recent changes:

http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balates ... #comment:1
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Outstanding Beherith, it works! I'm now wondering what could be done to disguise the 'cyan gaps' in the map borders, those are quite ugly. I've tried increasing the resolution of the generated mesh but it still leaves gaps and dramatically increases poly count, so it's a big no-no.
I've done some research about how to change that color to black, which would disguise the issue nicely (except maybe for snow maps heh) but from what I found that's tied to the fog color, which's defined on the map itself. Is there any way to override that color with some setting, or maybe through the widget itself?

PS.: I've played with 'fogEffect' and 'curvature' options in the lua script but both not only they don't work but they also fallback the widget to the non-shader mode (i.e. no more dark outer edges)
Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 12.13.10.png
(1.62 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 11.54.03.png
(3.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

which version of spring are you using?
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Hi abma. That was on Spring 100.0, BA release 2.33.

I've just tested it on Spring 101, BA 2.55 and the non-shaded edges problem popped back.. :(

A couple more extraneous errors also popping up consistently, screenshot attached.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 00.11.16.png
(2.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Could you please post the entire infolog, it seems to fail to create the blur shader.

On the cyan gaps:

If waterplanecolor is defined in map, then the background below a map will recieve this color. If it is not defined, then I think it's just skycolor.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Sure, infolog follows attached - I've zeroed it out then started the game both with the widget on and off. It doesn't show anything if you enable it during the game, that's what I found in infolog:

[f=-000001] Loading widget from mod: Map Edge Extension <map_edge_extension.lua> ...
[f=-000001] [Map Edge Extension] Error: Map Edge Extension widget: mirror shader error: Validation Failed: Current draw framebuffer is invalid.

On a second note, I couldn't get any AI to work on 101 / OSX. AA was already crashing the game in 100 (as soon as one AI died), but now it crashes immediately after the game starts. RAI was working fine in 100 but now it also crashes the game on load, the crash should be registered in the attached infolog.

So from what you said I assume there's no way to "override" the sky color showing in the bottom, not even through a LUA widget?

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated :)
Attachments
infolog.txt
(47.54 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Return to “Mac OS X”