Where does Spring OSX store its UI TweakMode settings?

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Hey guys, what's up. I'd like to transfer the TweakMode (Ctrl+F11) settings to other Macs (specially since they override default widget position settings) but I have no idea where it's stored..

I've browsed the files inside the contents folder, couldn't find anything, also on ~/.spring/ and there's nothing there. Any hints?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Where does Spring OSX store its UI TweakMode settings?

Post by abma »

~/.config/spring maybe?!

in infolog.txt it should be the writeable data dir.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

specially since they override default widget position settings
Are you sure this isn't just caused by some lua in whatever game you're playing? I don't really know what you mean by "tweak mode settings" and I'm not convinced they exist - the engine stores its own settings in your Spring datadir and LuaUI (widgets) stores settings in luaui/config.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Thank you both, right on the spot. I've found it in LuaUI/Config/BA.lua (the tweaked widget setting)

~/.config/spring does contain all files I wasn't finding at the contents folder (springsettings.cfg, infolog.txt), so I guess I'll have to add a small readme in the OSX pack explaining how to install the additional files.

For the record, I'm wrapping up a ready-to-play Spring BA pack for both Windows and OSX. It's targeted for my friends but I'll probably make the pack publicly available for people who don't have the time to mess with widgets and just want a nice and powerful setup to start with.

TA!

Return to “Mac OS X”